Tigers v Bristol Bears (A) - Saturday 03rd December 2022 KO 8-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Bristol Bears (A) - Saturday 03rd December 2022 KO 8-00pm

Post by wigworth »

sapajo wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:38 pm A lot of noise on twitter over an alleged gouging by Vui on Chessum. Apparently both Chessum and Cole immediately complained to CMK who dismissed it stating its a matter for the Citing Officer. Video certainly gives cause for concern but no doubt it will not be cited.
In real time he certainly seemed to get a handful of Chessum's face but it was hard to tell if there was any foul play but even if there wasn't he was a whisker away from it being so. The fact it wasn't looked at by the TMO is somewhat shocking and it was noted in commentary as it happened.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

wigworth wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:49 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:38 pm A lot of noise on twitter over an alleged gouging by Vui on Chessum. Apparently both Chessum and Cole immediately complained to CMK who dismissed it stating its a matter for the Citing Officer. Video certainly gives cause for concern but no doubt it will not be cited.
In real time he certainly seemed to get a handful of Chessum's face but it was hard to tell if there was any foul play but even if there wasn't he was a whisker away from it being so. The fact it wasn't looked at by the TMO is somewhat shocking and it was noted in commentary as it happened.
He grabs Chessum's face, not sure there's any eye contact but it's ridiculous it wasn't reviewed when it was clear as day and was a penalty if nothing else. That officiating team has come in for a lot of stick recently (from other the fans of other teams). Easy to see why.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Looking at the table now,the top 2 will probably stay the same, then us, Quins, Gloucester, Exeter, Saints and maybe Bath will fight it out for top 4.
Our next fixtures, Gloucester, Sale, Sarries and Newcastle are crucial before the England lads( +Watson/Kelly!) disappear. Target all 4 then Saints will be massive which I think is when both teams will be badly affected by call ups for the Six Nations.
With 4 less games for us because of losing Wasps and Worcester then I don’t see any reason to rest the England lads.
Montoya will rest when Dolly returns, possibly mid January if the chat he had last week at Irish, but he may have been saying that to disguise what Borthwick wants us to know. I didn’t ask the question but another fan did as we saw him in the stand!
Pollard will be great to have back IF he can stay fit!!!!!!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

On top of the fact that he listened to Genge complaints re Van Wyk hit
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The table is what it is. I don’t see anyone catching Sarries but Sale are there to be shot at, no reason why we can’t make a home semi. If we only make top 4, who’s going to want to play us in the semi final ? If we’ve got the full gun 23, we can win anywhere. All is not lost !

We owe Sale after our poor performance at home.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Think the best option is to just introduce the 20 minute red card and say any head contact automatic red card ,no mitigation protocol! The refs can't be trusted and/or arnt good enough so let the citing Commisions downgrade or uphold a ban after. Trouble is they arnt much better!
Last edited by Scott1 on Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Not sure what other peoples thoughts are in this but I think bans should include at least the next fixture against that team the offence was committed against, it always seems nonsensical that say Genge got banned for the forearm, other teams would get the benefit of not playing against him
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:54 pm Not sure what other peoples thoughts are in this but I think bans should include at least the next fixture against that team the offence was committed against, it always seems nonsensical that say Genge got banned for the forearm, other teams would get the benefit of not playing against him
How would that work if it's the return match against said side?
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

TigerMac3 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:05 pm No leadership. Again. Bath, Irish and now Bristol, turn it on in the first half, fall apart in the second. Kicking poor for most of the game. Big questions to be asked.
Shocking second half. No signs of last year's passion. S B appears to be losing the plot this season, with few like for like players on the bench.

A top four place is now looking unlikely with sloppy perfomances like this. No pride, no passion ,no spirit, and no apparent leadership.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:56 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:54 pm Not sure what other peoples thoughts are in this but I think bans should include at least the next fixture against that team the offence was committed against, it always seems nonsensical that say Genge got banned for the forearm, other teams would get the benefit of not playing against him
What I'm saying is if one of their players got a 3 game ban for arguments sake currently he'd miss Perpignan, Zebre and Harlequins, I'd like to see that change to Perpignan, Zebre and then Leicester on the 25th of March which is the next time we'd meet.

It should probably only be if it was for a citing where a card wasn't given in the match in which the offense was committed perhaps
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:09 pm
What I'm saying is if one of their players got a 3 game ban for arguments sake currently he'd miss Perpignan, Zebre and Harlequins, I'd like to see that change to Perpignan, Zebre and then Leicester on the 25th of March which is the next time we'd meet.

It should probably only be if it was for a citing where a card wasn't given in the match in which the offense was committed perhaps
Yes, I get that - but under that type of law if the game was the second time the sides met that season - what would happen to the ban? Also, how would it work of that side was relegated? You could have bans carrying on for years.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Would we want this to apply if the banned player was :censored: and we wanted him to play against us lol
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

So there are three things that can be red carded for, in decending order of severity

1) Intentional contact with eye(s)

2) Reckless contact eye(s)

3) Contact with eye area

All of those are red card offenses, just varying degrees of ban associated with each.

The angles I've seen of it, not in slow mo I'd say it probably isn't 1. It may be 2, but probably 3. Which means it should have been a red.

For me the big thing is what is defined as the "eye area"

For example is that the outer bit of the eye socket or is that more like your eyebrows or bridge of the nose. If the latter then it's a stone cold red card for them too...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Has anyone got a link or timeframe of incident please?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:20 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:09 pm

Yes, I get that - but under that type of law if the game was the second time the sides met that season - what would happen to the ban? Also, how would it work of that side was relegated? You could have bans carrying on for years.
I guess it would have to be limited to same season, if there isn't a return fixture then it reverts to how it is now.