Nemani Nadolo - a quick Tribute

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Nemani Nadolo - a quick Tribute

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

On and off the pitch, despite only being here 2 ½ years he really has become a club icon.

Crazy to think that a bloke with less than 50 games for the club could have had such an impact, but he really truly has!!!

Through incredibly tough times for him from being seperated from Kim & Ethan during parts of Covid to the personal tragedy him, Kim & Ethan have endured. He has given everything to the club.

He joined us at our lowest ebb and leaves us as a reigning champion. What he put in to Tigers not just the club but the whole rugby community in Leicestershire is great, not many players of his calibre rock up at grassroots club training nights to help out.

He's put in some incredible performances at a time when the team around him was underperforming and kept putting those performances in after the club around stepped up to match.

The game in which he ripped his scrum cap off vs LI and became a player possesed while his mum watched on will live long in the memory.

Not many Tigers have made half the impression he has in the time he spent here. Go well Nemani and hope you enjoy going back home while remembering you'll always have another home in this part of the East Midlands of England!
Last edited by TigerFeetSteve on Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
eastyorkstiger
Tiger Cub

Re: Nemani Nadolo - a quick Tribute

Post by eastyorkstiger »

similar to lote in a short time and at the tail end of his career he really has given us a hell of a lot

best of luck big man
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Nice touch TFS!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:31 pm On and off the pitch, despite only being here 2 ½ years he really has become a club icon.

Crazy to think that a bloke with less than 50 games for the club could have had such an impact, but he really truly has!!!

Through incredibly tough times for him from being seperated from Kim & Ethan during parts of to the personal tragedy him, Kim & Ethan have endured. He has given everything to the club.

He joined us at our lowest ebb and leaves us as a reigning champion. What he put in to Tigers not just the club but the whole rugby community in Leicestershire is great, not many players of his calibre rock up at grassroots club training nights to help out.

He's put in some incredible performances at a time when the team around him was underperforming and kept putting those performances in after the club around stepped up to match.

The game in which he ripped his scrum cap off vs LI and became a player possesed while his mum watched on will live long in the memory.

Not many Tigers have made half the impression he has in the time he spent here. Go well Nemani and hope you enjoy going back home while remembering you'll always have another home in this part of the East Midlands of England!
Not sure that I have ever agreed with a post more. He has put everything into the club and the wider rugby community in Leicestershire and Rutland (he made it as far afield as Oakham for club training). A true legend of a man and a true Tiger if ever there was one. I for one will be sad to see him go and whoever replaces him in the future is going to be walking in once immense shadow.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Couldn’t agree more. He is a worldwide rugby icon who through his humble out look on life has made himself a true Tigers legend.
I hope he both leads the team out tomorrow and strangely is replaced towards the end so the crowd can give him the send off he truly deserves.
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

+∞

Enjoy your time back home big man. You've deserved it. It's been a pleasure having you here.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:31 pm On and off the pitch, despite only being here 2 ½ years he really has become a club icon.

Through incredibly tough times for him from being seperated from Kim & Ethan during parts of to the personal tragedy him, Kim & Ethan have endured. He has given everything to the club.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

A credit to himself, his family and the Tigers. What Nemani has done for the club and wider community is invaluable.

Wishing him, Kim and Ethan all the best back home in Australia. Always welcome back at WR whenever you’re in the area!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Yep, I'd put him up there with Lote as a very, very important addition to the Tigers alumni list, a true 100% good rugby man.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Nadolo is one of those players you see playing for other clubs or his national team and you think "I'd love to see him at Tigers". I was delighted when he signed and he has lived up to the hype. Monster on the pitch and a gent off it. Class act, I hope he has the best of luck at Tahs and makes the world cup with Fiji.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:56 pm Nadolo is one of those players you see playing for other clubs or his national team and you think "I'd love to see him at Tigers". I was delighted when he signed and he has lived up to the hype. Monster on the pitch and a gent off it. Class act, I hope he has the best of luck at Tahs and makes the world cup with Fiji.
My thoughts exactly.

I can foresee the future in that I already know he will get my vote in the Tigers App for Fans Favourite on Sunday!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Absolutely brilliant player and superb in the community.
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching him at Welford Road and when he’s been playing at the away games where the opposition fans around me shuddered when he got the ball!
Nadalo will be hugely welcome wherever he goes and whatever he does when his playing days are over.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:41 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:56 pm Nadolo is one of those players you see playing for other clubs or his national team and you think "I'd love to see him at Tigers". I was delighted when he signed and he has lived up to the hype. Monster on the pitch and a gent off it. Class act, I hope he has the best of luck at Tahs and makes the world cup with Fiji.
My thoughts exactly.

I can foresee the future in that I already know he will get my vote in the Tigers App for Fans Favourite on Sunday!
He could go off injured after 2 seconds and still get the fans favourite!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:07 pm
aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:41 pm
My thoughts exactly.

He could go off injured after 2 seconds and still get the fans favourite!
Tbf someone would need to do something incredible to get it off him... he could be red carded in the first min and still win it...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

An absolute legend, we have been lucky to have him represent us both on & off the field.

I hope Kim & Ethan are still here to see the reception he will deservedly get tomorrow.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I do hope that Steve removes the big man from the pitch in about the 60th minute just after he has scored his third try so we can give him the standing ovation he so richly deserves.