Other Games - 25th to 27th November 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Other Games - 25th to 27th November 2022

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

wigworth wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:08 am Watching back the Newcastle highlights they seems to have a real gem in Carreras.
Agree though I still feel a bit uncomfortable about him over the gouge on Bassett, that was nasty. Hope he's not just matured as a player but personally also.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Chiefs v Bath in the PRC today,was that rearranged or something? Just seems strange that they would play the day after a GP game
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:53 am Chiefs v Bath in the PRC today,was that rearranged or something? Just seems strange that they would play the day after a GP game
Not sure all the ins and outs but currently Exeter have only played 1 game (that counts in the PRC, not sure if they played Worcester)

They have 2 PRC group games left

1 vs Bath
1 vs Gloucester

Other than those 2 games there are no group games left in the PRC...

https://www.premiershiprugby.com/premie ... cup/#table
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bulls v Ospreys 13:00 S4C
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Watching the Sale v Bristol game. Shows the impact of Steward’s work in the air. Peatau stayed on the floor to catch a kick Roebuck takes the ball above him and scores the try.
Half time 15-17 for Bristol
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

I wonder if Lam's seat down at Bristol is starting to get a bit warm now, they are looking down the barrel of two very disappointing seasons and given they are big spenders I wonder how long the patience will remain with him.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:53 pm I wonder if Lam's seat down at Bristol is starting to get a bit warm now, they are looking down the barrel of two very disappointing seasons and given they are big spenders I wonder how long the patience will remain with him.
He signed a long term contract didn’t he till 2028?
They were talking about how they had bought Dave Aldred in to teach spiral kicking out of hand so they can play a more territorial game, but they are still running round like headless chickens at times.

Peatau is no longer the player he was and I’m not sure what has happened to Randrana is he even still there
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:16 pm
wigworth wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:53 pm I wonder if Lam's seat down at Bristol is starting to get a bit warm now, they are looking down the barrel of two very disappointing seasons and given they are big spenders I wonder how long the patience will remain with him.
They were talking about how they had bought Dave Aldred in to teach spiral kicking out of hand so they can play a more territorial game, but they are still running round like headless chickens at times.

Peatau is no longer the player he was and I’m not sure what has happened to Randrana is he even still there
Radrada will be fit for our game v Bristol
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:16 pm

Well they have more confidence in him than I would. I see no reason to lock a coach down for that long of a time period especially one that hasn't actually delivered any silverware yet, I would guess Mr Lansdown will be getting his chequebook out a lot sooner than 2028 for another coach.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Like Bath earlier on in the season Bristol aren’t far off. Their pack was very good today despite missing Sinkler and Genge.It was only incredible defence in the last ten minutes that preventing Bristol winning.
Thacker played very well in the second half and against us in a weeks’ time they will fancy their chances with Genge likely to turn in a man of the match performance!! Hope not!!!
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Quite a fun move for Bristol in try of the week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2EKvV_R4qA
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:06 pm Like Bath earlier on in the season Bristol aren’t far off. Their pack was very good today despite missing Sinkler and Genge.It was only incredible defence in the last ten minutes that preventing Bristol winning.
Thacker played very well in the second half and against us in a weeks’ time they will fancy their chances with Genge likely to turn in a man of the match performance!! Hope not!!!
Was their pack very good or did Sale underperform. Bristol we’re cleaned up at scrum time and honours were even elsewhere. As for Thacker yes he buzzes around with energy and makes the odd yard here or there, but I wouldn’t say he was very good and very rarely wears the starting shirt for Bristol these days unless it’s in the PRC