Away Travel

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Away Travel

Post by wormus »

johnthegriff wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:21 am Plans for a supporters coach to Newcastle are as follows.
Match kicks off at 2.00 pm Saturday January 7th.
Meet Crumbie carpark 8.15 am Depart 8.30 am.
Leave Newcastle at 5.00 pm
Arrive back in Leicester at about 9.00 pm.
Cost £30.00 per person.
All profits to MND. Raffle on coach bring cash. Prize donations welcome.
To book phone John Griffiths 0116 2101056 or find him in the Final Whistle after a home match.
Very well done John in picking up the organisational "chaff" and arranging these essential away supporters trips ~ so sorry I cannot attend this time..
If the Club are losing money on their away trip arrangements and you are not only making a profit but making charity donations too, then something is wrong!
With the losses of Sara from the Shop and now Gary Sherrard too we get concerned, however I am so pleased that the Club did actually decide NOT to go "In house" with the beer and selected Everards to produce it, as "pee-up" in a brewery comes to mind!
I really hope they help you with publicising your trips as I too received no emails on the subject. Thanks John. :smt023
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I do not go to away matches but I must say a very big thank you to John for coming to the rescue and for very kindly resuming organisation of away travel that he had previously solely arranged over many years. He is a truly outstanding Tigers supporter :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Is there a bus going to Sale please?
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

The club are doing one - see below extract from email

We will run away travel for our fixture at Sale Sharks on Friday, December 30 as normal, however we will no longer be running away travel from January 1, 2023. There are other options being reviewed for the new year, but this will not involve Leicester Tigers.

We thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions or queries, please contact the ticket office team on 0116 319 8888 (option 2) or email [email protected].
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I had a good meeting with G&G Coaches this morning. We agreed that with the permission and support of Leicester Tigers we will run coach travel to the remaining away fixtures Newcastle (£30), London Irish (£25) and Gloucester (£20).
All profits will be donated to to MND
I will have details of how to book and pay shortly.
It is hoped that with supporter involvement this service will continue into future seasons.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

John. Though just a humble 'run of the mill' supporter, can I take this opportunity to say a massive thank you to you for selflessly taking on what I guess is hard work but often thankless? Some of the traditional values underlying Tigers and rugby itself are often easy to talk about but difficult to live up to. In your actions, you exemplify some of the best ones :smt023

Though I rarely miss a home game, I am not a regular away supporter and when I do, I normally use it to link up with friends in the area, so often travel separately. I am sure this will change in the future as I hopefully become a little more time rich and join your merry band!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Those intending to travel by coach to our remaining away fixtures against London Irish and Gloucester should phone G & G Travel 01664 503646 or email [email protected] to book a place, just £25 for Irish and only £20 for Glos.
Alternatively I will be in the Final Whistle for a short time after a home match but give me a little time to get round from my seat in the Crumbie.