Away Travel

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Away Travel

Post by johnthegriff »

Club have announced travel plans for coaches for the next few away trips including Ospreys. Probably the cheapest means of getting to the games, you have to get your own match ticket from the host club and the coach ticket only from Tigers. You are able to park your car for free at Tigers while travelling.
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Re: Away Travel

Post by CogGom »

hi, where did you see this - I’ve looked at independent travel and a nightmare being an evening kick off on a Sunday - even looked at staying somewhere like Tenby for a few days and public transport in and out but even that’s a struggle
bendy

Post by bendy »

CogGom wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:26 am hi, where did you see this - I’ve looked at independent travel and a nightmare being an evening kick off on a Sunday - even looked at staying somewhere like Tenby for a few days and public transport in and out but even that’s a struggle
https://tickets.leicestertigers.com/en- ... 7c&type=ga
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

The club have emailed all season ticket holders. The plan for Ospreys is leaving Crumbie car park at 11.30 am I think so arriving in plenty of time for refreshment before kick off after a stop on the way. Departure about.8.00pm so should be back around midnight. Free carparking at Tigers.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

CogGom wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:26 am hi, where did you see this - I’ve looked at independent travel and a nightmare being an evening kick off on a Sunday - even looked at staying somewhere like Tenby for a few days and public transport in and out but even that’s a struggle
Hi CogGom

Just to advise you that John is the guy who used to organise all the fans travel, he is the guy in the know, even though he has now retired from that position.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

johnthegriff wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:29 pm The club have emailed all season ticket holders. The plan for Ospreys is leaving Crumbie car park at 11.30 am I think so arriving in plenty of time for refreshment before kick off after a stop on the way. Departure about.8.00pm so should be back around midnight. Free carparking at Tigers.
My wife and I are both season ticket holders and have heard didly squat from the club.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

sapajo wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:41 pm
johnthegriff wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:29 pm The club have emailed all season ticket holders. The plan for Ospreys is leaving Crumbie car park at 11.30 am I think so arriving in plenty of time for refreshment before kick off after a stop on the way. Departure about.8.00pm so should be back around midnight. Free carparking at Tigers.
My wife and I are both season ticket holders and have heard didly squat from the club.
We are both ST holders and concur, we haven't heard from the club, just John's post.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I received my email from the club on Tuesday of this week, and am very tempted to book on at least one of these trips. Maybe worth calling the ticket office to discuss
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I have heard of others who for some reason do not receive emails from the club, I am sure there is some technical reason for this that could possibly be resolved easily. However if you want to attend any away Tiger's match it is worth contacting the ticket office to learn of their plans. I.have had some great times over the years travelling to matches in company with some lovely people.
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

Thanks for the earlier link, have booked travel and got ticket off osprey website. Have checked my emails, only one I had with ref to ospreys was one indicating tickets, including Sale & Bristol were available and offering link - will take recommendations of contacting ticket office in future for any travel needs. Thanks again
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I understand there are still a number of spaces on the coach for Bristol and on the one for Ospreys.
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

Tigers still not found a replacement for you, John?
bendy

Post by bendy »

From the club:

"Good Afternoon bendy
Thank you for your continued support at all of Leicester Tigers' away fixtures over the past 18 months.

As you have previously booked on away travel with Leicester Tigers, we wanted to inform you that unfortunately we will not be continuing the away travel offering into the new year. Due to a number of factors, including the continued low numbers of bookers, it means it is no longer financially viable to operate for the club.

We will run away travel for our fixture at Sale Sharks on Friday, December 30 as normal, however we will no longer be running away travel from January 1, 2023. There are other options being reviewed for the new year, but this will not involve Leicester Tigers.

We thank you for your understanding and if you have any questions or queries, please contact the ticket office team on 0116 319 8888 (option 2) or email [email protected].

Kind regards,
Dom McGeever

Ticketing Manager"

Which is hugely disappointing!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Have been in conversation with G & G the coach company used by Tigers and we will be organising coach travel to Newcastle and the remaining Premiership fixtures for this season. Once costs are covered any profit will be donated to a charity. Newcastle for instance the coach cost is £1200.00 anything above that amount will be donated to MND. I will have more details later but get ready to support.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Plans for a supporters coach to Newcastle are as follows.
Match kicks off at 2.00 pm Saturday January 7th.
Meet Crumbie carpark 8.15 am Depart 8.30 am.
Leave Newcastle at 5.00 pm
Arrive back in Leicester at about 9.00 pm.
Cost £30.00 per person.
All profits to MND. Raffle on coach bring cash. Prize donations welcome.
To book phone John Griffiths 0116 2101056 or find him in the Final Whistle after a home match.