Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v London Irish (H] - Sunday 27th November 2022 KO 3pm

Post by Scott1 »

LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:39 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:02 pm Can see the Scrum halves for Bristol being Youngs and Wigglesworth and Clermont being JVP and Wigglesworth. The internationals need to be rested at some point according to Borthwick in his after match interview.
Im not sure why you would want Wigglesworth to be involved at Bristol, he played 80 mins yesterday, Ben only played approx 30 mins and JVP approx 50, same previous match, they cannot be too tired surely?
Yes ,if anything Borths will rotate against Ospreys so could use WW as one of his experienced players to start there
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:39 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:02 pm Can see the Scrum halves for Bristol being Youngs and Wigglesworth and Clermont being JVP and Wigglesworth. The internationals need to be rested at some point according to Borthwick in his after match interview.
Im not sure why you would want Wigglesworth to be involved at Bristol, he played 80 mins yesterday, Ben only played approx 30 mins and JVP approx 50, same previous match, they cannot be too tired surely?
I think it’s down to Borthwick comments, to have one play v Bristol and one v Ospreys then have both back for Clermont. They obviously don’t feel that Edwards is quite ready or surely he would have got on yesterday
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

sapajo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:26 am Listening to the ref link radio during the match and was astounded by the number and manner of TMO David Rose interventions.

Struck me that he was always looking to deny all of our tries and conversely looking to award Irish tries.

The Ref was weak and should have put Rose back in his cage. A case in point was the Wigglesworth try where Rose persisted that the ball had seperated when it was clear and obvious that it had not.
TMO David Rose hates Tigers just as much as Dayglow and I shudder every time he ventures out of the west country and is the TMO for the Tigers games, I did say to a colleague when I saw on the tv who the TMO was that he will try to Referee the game from a distant position and it proved right.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:28 am
sapajo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:04 am
ay2oh wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:01 am Haskell-Collins looks rapid so hope the rumours about him signing for us next season are true.
Well we certainly lack out and out pace in our squad.
Porter, Potter and Watson have enough pace to trouble any one
Agreed but Chris Ashton has definitely lost his speed, eagerness, direction and tackling ability. Hoping this is his last season here. :smt039
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:21 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:28 am
sapajo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:04 am

Well we certainly lack out and out pace in our squad.
Porter, Potter and Watson have enough pace to trouble any one
Agreed but Chris Ashton has definitely lost his speed, eagerness, direction and tackling ability. Hoping this is his last season here. :smt039
It's funny that he has reverted back to type because he has actually made some very good try saving tackles for us while he's been here ,and his defence was something I was worried about when he joined
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Is it reserving back to type of just going through a bad patch?
Not like he has had consistent centre partnership to work with in defence and is more often now being found in more 2 on 1 situations rather than 1 on 1.

Nearly all the backs don't look as good as they did last season. Perhaps it's a coaching thing? or perhaps it's just missing half our main starting backline compared to getting pretty good mileage out of them last season (Think only missed Youngs, Moroni and Steward last season)
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/15 ... tFHpQ&s=19

For those saying Ashton had a bad game, well he's got himself nominated for the team of the week poll and is currently lying 2nd in the vote...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:39 pm https://twitter.com/premrugby/status/15 ... tFHpQ&s=19

For those saying Ashton had a bad game, well he's got himself nominated for the team of the week poll and is currently lying 2nd in the vote...

How many times did he actually get the ball during the match?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:15 pm
sapajo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:26 am Listening to the ref link radio during the match and was astounded by the number and manner of TMO David Rose interventions.

Struck me that he was always looking to deny all of our tries and conversely looking to award Irish tries.

The Ref was weak and should have put Rose back in his cage. A case in point was the Wigglesworth try where Rose persisted that the ball had seperated when it was clear and obvious that it had not.
TMO David Rose hates Tigers just as much as Dayglow and I shudder every time he ventures out of the west country and is the TMO for the Tigers games, I did say to a colleague when I saw on the tv who the TMO was that he will try to Referee the game from a distant position and it proved right.
For someone that apparently hates us he didn't half help us out with some of the calls. Missed what looked like a forward pass for the first try and what could easily have been given as a knock on later for another score.

I thought the LI players were starting to dive for the line anyway but given Cracknell's positioning that decision was fairly easy to give. Was the ref that allows I think Rogerson to crawl over the line on his knees but again given the two tries we got which on another day may have been ruled out can't really complain.
YoWaGoWan
Tiger Cub

Post by YoWaGoWan »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:57 am Healey has always been anti-Tigers(small man syndrome ) but Kay is usually impartial
I've said it before (me me Healey) is the worst commentator of any sport,his only interest is in himself.When he is involved in a game i watch without sound,then when it becomes available on premiership site i watch it there with sound.
Try watching a game with him involved (if you can bare it)and then watch it on premiership and you will enjoy it 100% more on the prem site.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

YoWaGoWan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:54 am
ay2oh wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:57 am Healey has always been anti-Tigers(small man syndrome ) but Kay is usually impartial
I've said it before (me me Healey) is the worst commentator of any sport,his only interest is in himself.When he is involved in a game i watch without sound,then when it becomes available on premiership site i watch it there with sound.
Try watching a game with him involved (if you can bare it)and then watch it on premiership and you will enjoy it 100% more on the prem site.
Not that he would, and I know we are told the TMO doesn’t see or hear his comments or reviews, but if he went one game without complaining about decisions would the TMO come in as much
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:54 am
YoWaGoWan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:54 am
Not that he would, and I know we are told the TMO doesn’t see or hear his comments or reviews, but if he went one game without complaining about decisions would the TMO come in as much
The TMO does hear the commentary and has the live TV footage plus one screen playing approximately 15 seconds behind but once it has gone to a review the feed is muted and the only discussions heard are those of the officials. Other camera angles are available.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Without Oz we wouldn't have won our European Titles, that gives him a fair amount of leeway for me...yes he talks nonsense sometimes, but the underlying theme of his is the hope of a better product on the pitch & more consistent officiating. I will agree in his attempt to be neutral he does sometimes go too far where Tigers are concerned.

As for the game itself I think we probably got the better of the officials this week.

If you are an official swayed by commentators you probably shouldn't be officiating at that level anyway.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:38 am Without Oz we wouldn't have won our European Titles, that gives him a fair amount of leeway for me...yes he talks nonsense sometimes, but the underlying theme of his is the hope of a better product on the pitch & more consistent officiating. I will agree in his attempt to be neutral he does sometimes go too far where Tigers are concerned.

As for the game itself I think we probably got the better of the officials this week.

If you are an official swayed by commentators you probably shouldn't be officiating at that level anyway.
Don’t disagree about Austin and I don’t mind him. My one gripe is that I wish he would summarise the play more rather than what the officials may or not have missed.
I don’t think it’s the officials being swayed again we come down to the consistency. Much as the Boks were the better team if Rosey had been TMO he might have seen Estebeth on the floor when he played the ball and scored.