Tigers v London Irish (H] - Sunday 27th November 2022 KO 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v London Irish (H] - Sunday 27th November 2022 KO 3pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

I shall be watching on the telly box on Sunday. Could I ask anyone who does attend to keep an eye on the pre game warm up as I would be interested to see if either Pollard or Kelly take part.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:50 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:49 pm So Porter isn't travelling with England then? Or is there an agreement?
With this being a Sunday game and the England being Saturday, he may well be a travelling reserve, but if there's no injuries he'll join us and play... if he's needed for England then I expect we'll make a late change too
Porter, along with Willis amongst others totally released by England. not in the travelling reserves even.
Less is more....
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Bunchy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:16 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:49 pm So Porter isn't travelling with England then? Or is there an agreement?
With this being a Sunday game and the England being Saturday, he may well be a travelling reserve, but if there's no injuries he'll join us and play... if he's needed for England then I expect we'll make a late change too
Porter, along with Willis amongst others totally released by England. not in the travelling reserves even.
Willis had to be released as he's signed with a French club so England couldn't keep him.

Porter was retained in the 25 man squad
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I’m hoping Cronin and Wells are merely being rested/rotated rather than injured?
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hope Martin at lock is a permanent fixture! I do believe that The Berg is a better blindside but Martin is just as good a player if that makes sense and you have to get both in the team,but not if it means Hanro at openside
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:26 pm

Willis had to be released as he's signed with a French club so England couldn't keep him.

Not true re Willis. As per the BBC Sports website:

“ Willis will remain available for selection by England despite playing overseas as the demise of Wasps is deemed "exceptional circumstances".”
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

MCC1964 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:53 pm

“ Willis will remain available for selection by England despite playing overseas as the demise of Wasps is deemed "exceptional circumstances".”
I think that you have misread that. I think that it is referring to the RFU 'rule' that to play for England, barring exceptional circumstances, you have to play for an English club, which has been put on hold for ex-Wasps and ex-Worcester players for the remainder of this season - exceptional circumstances.
Last edited by Cagey Tiger on Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:09 pm
MCC1964 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:53 pm

I think that you have misread that. I think that it is referring to the RFU 'rule' that to play for England, you have to play for an English club, which has been put on hold for ex-Wasps and ex-Worcester players for the remainder of this season.
Yes,this game is outside the window. Regardless of that rule Willis can't be picked anyway
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

I hope Atkinson gets on a Fly Half early and is not used at Full Back, he is an exciting runner and it would be good against Irish to have him doing that.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

LE18 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:36 pm I hope Atkinson gets on a Fly Half early and is not used at Full Back, he is an exciting runner and it would be good against Irish to have him doing that.
I would like to see him start a premiership game for Tigers 👍
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

mightymouse wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:46 pm I’m hoping Cronin and Wells are merely being rested/rotated rather than injured?
Harry Wells is due to be a Dad this weekend I believe
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:00 pm I shall be watching on the telly box on Sunday. Could I ask anyone who does attend to keep an eye on the pre game warm up as I would be interested to see if either Pollard or Kelly take part.
Pollard has been a bit of a disastrous signing so far really hasn't he? Was a huge risk with his injury record and it has proved thus so far. Shame
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:35 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:00 pm I shall be watching on the telly box on Sunday. Could I ask anyone who does attend to keep an eye on the pre game warm up as I would be interested to see if either Pollard or Kelly take part.
Pollard has been a bit of a disastrous signing so far really hasn't he? Was a huge risk with his injury record and it has proved thus so far. Shame
TBF we wouldn’t have seen him a lot earlier had he been fit as he would have been with the Boks. I think it’s Wiese first game tomorrow and they would have been in the same boat. Was probably a mistake playing him at Sarries but once back we will have him for the rest of the season.
tigerssteve

Post by tigerssteve »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:30 pm Hmm... I think there are a few players (Burns, Potter, Ashton) quite lucky to have kept their places, despite indifferent form.
Don't see how Burns still gets a start. He's been poor all season.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

tigerssteve wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:07 pm
CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:30 pm Hmm... I think there are a few players (Burns, Potter, Ashton) quite lucky to have kept their places, despite indifferent form.
Don't see how Burns still gets a start. He's been poor all season.
Do wonder if he will be here next season. He put out an Instagram post recently asking if there were any decent short term car lease companies around