Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v London Irish (H] - Sunday 27th November 2022 KO 3pm

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:19 pm
tigerssteve wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:07 pm
CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:30 pm Hmm... I think there are a few players (Burns, Potter, Ashton) quite lucky to have kept their places, despite indifferent form.
Don't see how Burns still gets a start. He's been poor all season.
Do wonder if he will be here next season. He put out an Instagram post recently asking if there were any decent short term car lease companies around
Isn't short term car leasing like the standard way sport players get their cars? Especially in this current market?
Monthly payments are usually a decent bit cheaper than a new car monthly payment and you can upgrade it a lot sooner without worrying about value depreciation.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Good strong squad, that bench is very strong, home win written all over it.

COME ON YOU TIGERRrrrrssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:49 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:19 pm
tigerssteve wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:07 pm

Don't see how Burns still gets a start. He's been poor all season.
Do wonder if he will be here next season. He put out an Instagram post recently asking if there were any decent short term car lease companies around
Isn't short term car leasing like the standard way sport players get their cars? Especially in this current market?
Monthly payments are usually a decent bit cheaper than a new car monthly payment and you can upgrade it a lot sooner without worrying about value depreciation.
Leasing yes but if you were staying around why short term why not a minimum of 12 months, which are widely available. Maybe reading a bit too much but the wording seemed strange.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:59 pm
RagingBull wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:49 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:19 pm Do wonder if he will be here next season. He put out an Instagram post recently asking if there were any decent short term car lease companies around
Leasing yes but if you were staying around why short term why not a minimum of 12 months, which are widely available. Maybe reading a bit too much but the wording seemed strange.
I mean you might be right rumours are going back to Japan.
Same time could also mean that come off season he doesn't want to pay for 2 months lease when he might be on holiday.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:35 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:00 pm I shall be watching on the telly box on Sunday. Could I ask anyone who does attend to keep an eye on the pre game warm up as I would be interested to see if either Pollard or Kelly take part.
Pollard has been a bit of a disastrous signing so far really hasn't he? Was a huge risk with his injury record and it has proved thus so far. Shame
How has it been a disastrous signing. Was not due to play for us until after the autumn internationals. He was released by SA due to an injury and then we risked him on the plastic pitch at Sarries and needed surgery. Wouldnt it be better to give the guy a chance once he is fit and make your judgement after that.
BG01

Post by BG01 »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:30 pm Hmm... I think there are a few players (Burns, Potter, Ashton) quite lucky to have kept their places, despite indifferent form.
Think this is really unfair.

Burns has struggled but the whole team has, and he's been one of the backs actively trying to create chances. It may not all be stardust but he's giving us a bit of shape.

Potter has been one of our best players for 18 months. He's being asked to play out of position. He made a couple of costly mistakes but the rest of his game has been good and he had to put himself in the position to score in the first place.

Ashton is always going to struggle when the backline isn't firing but you can see him still running good support lines and just not getting the pass. His defence and work under the high ball has been decent too.

I think it's a bit odd to pick out 3 of our hardest working players and call for them to be dropped just because the chances aren't going our way at the moment.
Never believe generalisations
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

BG01 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:42 pm
Think this is really unfair.

Burns has struggled but the whole team has, and he's been one of the backs actively trying to create chances. It may not all be stardust but he's giving us a bit of shape.

Potter has been one of our best players for 18 months. He's being asked to play out of position. He made a couple of costly mistakes but the rest of his game has been good and he had to put himself in the position to score in the first place.

Ashton is always going to struggle when the backline isn't firing but you can see him still running good support lines and just not getting the pass. His defence and work under the high ball has been decent too.

I think it's a bit odd to pick out 3 of our hardest working players and call for them to be dropped just because the chances aren't going our way at the moment.
Agree with this. Everyone has the odd poor game but let’s support the team. We are more affected by internationals than most teams and I’m sure we will get a few wins now the circus has finished for a few weeks.
A2O
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I’ve said it before: you cannot compare this disjointed season to last.
Last season we had a settled side with Montoya, Weise, Moroni, Van Staden ( until he got concussed) all playing with players like Ollie Chessum, Porter, JVP, Ford not in the Autumn Internationals.
As yet Tigers haven’t had a settled run of games to get any cohesion;so now until February will tell us where the team are but Bristol, Sale, Newcastle away are all games that could go either way. Irish and Gloucester at home have to be won.
Burns, Ashton have had a decent season, it’s not their fault that other teams don’t underestimate us like last season. Quins had the same problem until Christmas last season but then turned things around to make the top 4.
As this weekend proved with Newcastle beating Exeter and Bristol without Genge and Sinkler pushed Sale all the way, any team can beat any team except Sarries.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Totally agree with Ian Cant this season was disjointed enough with players back late from summer tours, some long term injuries and then these accursed November tests, without Worcester and Wasps disappearing. Plus we have targets on our backs as champions. Another point worth mentioning is how many close games did we win last season, whereas we aren’t quite over the line this season, see Exeter and Bath away.
A 5 point win today, should be achievable puts us back in the mix for top 4 and 10 points behind Sale with a match in hand.
Fully expect us to kick on now with Montoya, Wiese and hopefully Pollard available for the rest of the season.

Being top of the league means very little in terms of the season, it’s top 2 that’s important which is very achievable
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

I’ve no doubt with the SH internationals back and some luck with injuries we’ll be in the mix for top 2. Full strength I’d back us to beat anyone bar Sarries away.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yes,you can’t win the title in November but perhaps you can lose it. I think that we still have to target second place if it’s still possible but certainly avoid 4th,no one wants to go to Sarries in a SF! A playoff position is easily still in grasp but for me today is a must win.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

My son says Dan Kelly is on the pitch - it’s so long since I’ve seen him so I’m not sure!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Lutontiger wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:39 pm My son says Dan Kelly is on the pitch - it’s so long since I’ve seen him so I’m not sure!
Yes, he is out warming up
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Great news! Different gravy is our Dan
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Seems very quiet of the game thread. Seem evenly matched currently