Tigers v London Irish (H] - Sunday 27th November 2022 KO 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v London Irish (H] - Sunday 27th November 2022 KO 3pm

Post by Scuttle »

sapajo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:26 am Listening to the ref link radio during the match and was astounded by the number and manner of TMO David Rose interventions.

Struck me that he was always looking to deny all of our tries and conversely looking to award Irish tries.

The Ref was weak and should have put Rose back in his cage. A case in point was the Wigglesworth try where Rose persisted that the ball had seperated when it was clear and obvious that it had not.
We couldn't make the match yesterday due to family commitments, but gave our tickets to my wife's hairdresser and husband...as long as they cheered for Tigers! We watched the game last night on our return and I was amazed at how many times the TMO intervened AFTER Healey or Kay said something in commentary suggesting what Sapajo is saying....denying tries etc. It was marked how often it happened. I have noticed comments on here about Healey and Kay being a bit anti Tigers but never really agreed........last night I stood corrected!!
As Good As It Gets
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

On the Wigglesworth try, it certainly needed to be looked at and the right decision was confirmed. Also the final pass for the Porter try, pass deemed to be flat but looked slightly forward from the angle shown.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Healey has always been anti-Tigers(small man syndrome ) but Kay is usually impartial
A2O
tripeandonions
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tripeandonions »

The coaching team need to treat that game as if it was a 33-33 draw
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

There were two angles of Wigglesworth’s try. One showed no separation and the other was 50:50.
It depends on the question asked by the ref:
“Try, yes or no” 50:50
If the on field decision was try then a 50:50 can’t overrule that, it has to be clear.

It would be better if the conversion could continue to be taken whilst the TMO checks the video. Only if it is close, needs reversing or the decision needs an opinion of the ref re foul play should the ref delay the game to allow the ref to review the video. Less time wasted.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

tripeandonions wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:59 am The coaching team need to treat that game as if it was a 33-33 draw
Why?
They will certainly review it fully and work on the areas of concern and make changes if necessary
www.matthampson.co.uk
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:01 am
tripeandonions wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:59 am The coaching team need to treat that game as if it was a 33-33 draw
Why?
They will certainly review it fully and work on the areas of concern and make changes if necessary
After a win Borthwick is keen to pull apart the good and bad aspects of the game and prepare for the next one. Can't imagine it's any different for a so/so or a bad performance. He's a professional fixated by improvement a small win won't change his approach.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tigers v London Irish (H] - Sunday 27th November 2022 KO 3p

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Enjoyable being back at WR.

I think I watched a different game to everyone else and am surprised how not too much has been said about how good London Irish where!!! For me they are the dark horses this season and their form and position doesn’t take into account their front season has been loaded with away games even more than Tigers. London Irish are a delight to watch in broken play. And how good is OIlie Hassell-Collins??? Sign him Tigers!!! It’s an utter tragedy England are turgid when you have exciting players like this in the Prem but play the old guard. My prediction, LI are going to rapidly move up the table in the second half of the season.

As for Tigers, I am getting seriously worried about the backs when Freddie Steward is away, particularly that the wrong Freddie is turning up again and made some quite frankly bizarre decisions that ended good momentum in the forwards. Our forwards where actually pretty good - great to see Ollie back and it helps when you have worldies in Turnover Tommy, Weise and Montoya also back.

Put simply we are missing George Ford and need Pollard (and Atkinson!) on the pitch. We also made some silly unforced errors more common in pre season games.

Finally a positive, Potter’s race to the line was a delight and moment of the game for me. And it’s great to see Anthony Watson is getting back to his former self and looking more like a very astute signing. With Freddie Steward back I think the two will be imperious together. I also think Scott is looking good at 12.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I agree about London Irish being a good side 5 very narrow defeats show that. Not so sure about them moving up the table they have to learn to win first, and have a relatively small squad so injuries will count against them. The lack of winning goes against them which is why Parton is reportedly off to Sarries and OHC coming to us. They are also reportedly finding things very difficult financially.

Not so sure about this backs thing with Tigers. Yet again we had different combinations out there, Burns is iffy at best at present which affects the players outside him.
Nadolo was a great Tiger but we had to use him in a certain way, and in a strange way him moving on may help.

I would really like Steward to be given the week off v Bristol, certainly against Ospreys just to recharge the batteries.
If he plays then a Back line of Youngs, Atkinson, Potter, Scott, Porter, Watson, Steward, with JVP, Pollard and Kelly off the bench isn’t too shabby.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Can see the Scrum halves for Bristol being Youngs and Wigglesworth and Clermont being JVP and Wigglesworth. The internationals need to be rested at some point according to Borthwick in his after match interview.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:02 pm Can see the Scrum halves for Bristol being Youngs and Wigglesworth and Clermont being JVP and Wigglesworth. The internationals need to be rested at some point according to Borthwick in his after match interview.
What about the Ospreys?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:10 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:02 pm Can see the Scrum halves for Bristol being Youngs and Wigglesworth and Clermont being JVP and Wigglesworth. The internationals need to be rested at some point according to Borthwick in his after match interview.
What about the Ospreys?
Got fixtures wrong way round........Ospreys being JVP and Wigglesworth
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerbeat wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:17 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:10 pm
What about the Ospreys?
Got fixtures wrong way round........Ospreys being JVP and Wigglesworth
Only teasing. I think we will see quite a lot of rotation for Ospreys if last seasons away games in Europe are anything to go by
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Just watched the try of the week playback...

One thing about that that struck me on the OHC try against us was how good our tracking back was. Yes we were beaten by the faster guy but the chase kept him out wide for a score that could have been under the sticks. That's a team working together putting it on the line...

2 point win and the opposition 10 missed the kick
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Im not sure why you would want Wigglesworth to be involved at Bristol, he played 80 mins yesterday, Ben only played approx 30 mins and JVP approx 50, same previous match, they cannot be too tired surely?