Tigers v London Irish (H] - Sunday 27th November 2022 KO 3pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v London Irish (H] - Sunday 27th November 2022 KO 3pm

Post by ay2oh »

Would like to have seen Atkinson on at 10 to see what he can do.
A2O
Bge3095

Post by Bge3095 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:55 pm
Bge3095 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:38 pm Like a few have said Burns game management at times is irrational, kicked the ball to the corner few phases later attempted drop goal why not just take the shot. Would like to see atkinson get a go he did pretty well when He was playing starting 10 for wasps
that's as much on Hanro as captain to point to the posts
Not sure if you missed my point why did he attempt the drop instead of having a crack with the back line?
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:30 pm How did Martin do at lock?
I must say I didn’t notice much of a difference with him wearing a 4 rather than a 6 on his back. He still made some good tackles, carried a few times, and took some lineouts.

It’s good to be able to play Hanro, Reffell, and Cracknell in the back row and still be able to have Martin on the pitch.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Wellscity
Tiger Cub

Post by Wellscity »

A poor day at the office.
Silly penalties . Dropping off tackles. Kicking for post and drop goals when two or three more phases would have put Irish under pressure.
I love what KS id doing for rugby and charitable causes.
I am going to be vilified but his bread and butter should be defensive coaching. This has been seen on the pitch as lacking. Its not just the five metre line we need to be defending.
We are 5th, with a game in hand over some teams. If we are really looking for the play offs we need to sharpen up.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Wellscity wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:32 am A poor day at the office.
Silly penalties . Dropping off tackles. Kicking for post and drop goals when two or three more phases would have put Irish under pressure.
I love what KS id doing for rugby and charitable causes.
I am going to be vilified but his bread and butter should be defensive coaching. This has been seen on the pitch as lacking. Its not just the five metre line we need to be defending.
We are 5th, with a game in hand over some teams. If we are really looking for the play offs we need to sharpen up.
Just to take you up on Kevin Sinfield - the fund raising prep was done his own time with a good team around him, Training was after working with the Team and the week he did the marathons was when the PRC Cup games were scheduled.
The defence will improve now we have players back and can get some consistency in team selections.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

No6_Flanker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:46 am
I must say I didn’t notice much of a difference with him wearing a 4 rather than a 6 on his back. He still made some good tackles, carried a few times, and took some lineouts.

It’s good to be able to play Hanro, Reffell, and Cracknell in the back row and still be able to have Martin on the pitch.
I thought Martin did really well at Lock. As said above there was no drop off in his work around the pitch, he took plenty of line out ball and the scrum certainly didn’t suffer. Think he and Chessum could make an excellent pair and hope to see them both at lock v Bristol
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Hassell- Collins looks rapid so hope the rumours about him signing for us next season are true.
A2O
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:01 am Haskell-Collins looks rapid so hope the rumours about him signing for us next season are true.
Well we certainly lack out and out pace in our squad.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:56 am
No6_Flanker wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:46 am

I thought Martin did really well at Lock. As said above there was no drop off in his work around the pitch, he took plenty of line out ball and the scrum certainly didn’t suffer. Think he and Chessum could make an excellent pair and hope to see them both at lock v Bristol
Key job of a lock as opposed to flanker is in the scrum...

To my memory we didn't lose a scrum with him there and we won a few penalties there.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:04 am
ay2oh wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:01 am Haskell-Collins looks rapid so hope the rumours about him signing for us next season are true.
Porter, Potter and Watson have enough pace to trouble any one
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:28 am
They are nowhere near as fast as OHC
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:45 am

Not many are, but there is pace there. It begs the wider question with pace and power like that why isn’t OHC playing on the wing for England.
I have been an admirer for a couple of seasons and like others hope the rumours of him coming to Tigers are true.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:55 am
ay2oh wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:45 am

Not many are, but there is pace there. It begs the wider question with pace and power like that why isn’t OHC playing on the wing for England.
I have been an admirer for a couple of seasons and like others hope the rumours of him coming to Tigers are true.
Because Eddie won’t drop Nowell or May who are past their best.
A2O
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Listening to the ref link radio during the match and was astounded by the number and manner of TMO David Rose interventions.

Struck me that he was always looking to deny all of our tries and conversely looking to award Irish tries.

The Ref was weak and should have put Rose back in his cage. A case in point was the Wigglesworth try where Rose persisted that the ball had seperated when it was clear and obvious that it had not.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Was at the game yesterday and do not think it was all doom and gloom. Burns was not at his best but certainly wasn't as bad as some are suggesting IMHO. Yes, more tackles were missed than is acceptable, too many silly penalties given away, harsh yellow card for me but thought the ref did not have a bad game and would not mind him again. We are not dominating in the maul from a lineout like we did last year and that is my biggest worry as we were scoring for fun last season from that aspect of the game. Have other teams worked out how to defend it against us. A better idea of how we are going will be next week when we have all of the internationals back against what is certain to be a strong Bristol side.
Hehehehehehehehe