Next England Head Coach (Pre World Cup)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Next England Head Coach (Pre &/or Post World Cup)

Post by anz3001 »

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

anz3001 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:41 pm Foy saying it’s done.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... Tests.html
How reliable is Foy?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:46 pm

How reliable is Foy?
I guess he must have heard something reliable if he would run a story like this saying it is all but done.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Daily Mail have historically been pretty accurate about rugby, always been a suspicion they have a mole in the RFU.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Very Foy is massively reliable

I get it but leaving months early and if he takes Aled and Sinfield (Granted our defence hasn't been great). Then i'll be pretty :censored: off of Steve in terms of the calibre of his character.

That being said the squad is still extremely good and the prospect for a coach especially with RFU compensation we might hopefully get a decent coach in.

Honestly would take Pivac who I think just wasn't a International coach but he's a damn fine club coach considering Scarlets budget
Last edited by RagingBull on Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

wigworth wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:48 pm

How reliable is Foy?
I guess he must have heard something reliable if he would run a story like this saying it is all but done.
The comments section doesn't look too excited about Borths. I'm not either tbh,I get the consistency line but it's not what's needed for me. We didn't need EJ lite ,it needs to be ripped up and started again. But I'm fully behind Borths and I hope he does a great job with England. The 6N and RWC are essentially free hits now,although he won't see it that way I'm sure!
Last edited by Scott1 on Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:50 pm Very Foy is massively reliable

I get it but leaving months early and if he takes Aled and Sinfield (Granted our defence hasn't been great). Then i'll be pretty :censored: off of Steve in terms of the calibre of his character.

That being said the squad is still extremely good and the prospect for a coach especially with RFU compensation we might hopefully get a decent coach in.

Honestly would take Pivac who I think just wasn't a International coach but he's a damn fine club coach considering Scarlets budget
Yes loved Scarlets in their pomp! I'd take him too RB
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:50 pm
wigworth wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:48 pm

How reliable is Foy?
The comments section doesn't look too excited about Borths. I'm not either tbh,I get the consistency line but it's not what's needed for me. We didn't need EJ lite ,it needs to be ripped up and started again. But I'm fully behind Borths and I hope he does a great job with England. The 6N and RWC are essentially free hits now,although he won't see it that way I'm sure!
I do agree in somewhat, he will defiantly help with the forwards which I feel is a big issue currently but I do worry that the game plan will revert to our kick chase style.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Seen very mixed thoughts about Pivac from Scarlets, some say he was a 1 season wonder and they were pretty dreadful after
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Very key point that just because you are an excellent club coach you can’t necessarily make the step up to the international stage. I do agree about Pivac and he might be happy to see the back of the valleys for a while.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Well I guess if Borthwick does have the job we will see how highly he rates some of our players come 6 nations time with who we may lose during this period.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

kpj tiger wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:57 pm

Seen very mixed thoughts about Pivac from Scarlets, some say he was a 1 season wonder and they were pretty dreadful after
I mean they got to the final the season after they won it so would be 2 season wonder right?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Next England Head Coach (Pre &/or Post World C

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:03 pm Well I guess if Borthwick does have the job we will see how highly he rates some of our players come 6 nations time with who we may lose during this period.
It will be interesting but I think I know who his skipper will be and it’s not Farrell
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Next England Head Coach (Pre &/or Post World C

Post by wigworth »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:07 pm
wigworth wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:03 pm Well I guess if Borthwick does have the job we will see how highly he rates some of our players come 6 nations time with who we may lose during this period.
It will be interesting but I think I know who his skipper will be and it’s not Farrell
You think Lawes gets the captaincy back? I am curious if Borthwick still thinks Coles has some miles on him left at international level.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Hope we don’t lose Kev and Aled too, I wouldn’t be against someone like Cockers back on an interim basis if the man we want isn’t available until the summer