Cracknell
WW
Gopparth
Watson
Porter
Cockanisiga
Potter
Burns
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Bath (A) - 11th November 2022 - KO 19:45

Post by Scott1 »

Nadolo and Ashton out?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I don't know what the the record oldest halfback combination is but I cannot see us beating it! For me Burns at 10, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Youngs at 9. OK not the youngest combination...... Atkinson or Watson at 15. Henderson to possibly start. If Nadolo is fit he has to play. Kelly can't be too far away. I'd have Ilione on the bench. It's not the best time to play Bath, so I think we need to go full noise!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Watson
Ashton
Potter
Porter
Nadolo
Burns
Wigglesworth
Cronin
Clare
Cole
Wells
Henderson
Martin
Cracknell
Liebenberg

Horton
Whitcombe
Hurd
Snyman
Jansen
Edwards
Atkinson
Cokanasiga

If Nadolo/Ashton is injured I'd go Potter to the wing, Porter to 13, Cokanasiga to 12 and Gopperth on the bench. Hopefully Ashton should be back from his failed HIA, has he got previous with concussion? If both are out Saumaki comes in also.

I'm also guessing Green is injured as I'd suspect he'd get gametime.

If Whitcombe's absence was injury related too, I'd go Van Wyk on the bench
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Think Porter might be back with England and the fact that the game is Friday night might make it tight for him to have more than bench spot if released.

Atkinson
Watson
Potter
Cocanasinga
Nadolo
Burns
Wigglesworth
Cronin
Claire
Cole
Wells
Henderson
Martin
Cracknell
Liebenberg

TCD, Van Wyk, Hurd, Chessum jnr, Jansen, Edwards, Gopperth, Porter
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:18 pm Think Porter might be back with England and the fact that the game is Friday night might make it tight for him to have more than bench spot if released.

Atkinson
Watson
Potter
Cocanasinga
Nadolo
Burns
Wigglesworth
Cronin
Claire
Cole
Wells
Henderson
Martin
Cracknell
Liebenberg

Why are you selecting Potter out of position and leaving Porter, an International centre, on the bench?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:25 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:18 pm Think Porter might be back with England and the fact that the game is Friday night might make it tight for him to have more than bench spot if released.

Atkinson
Watson
Potter
Cocanasinga
Nadolo
Burns
Wigglesworth
Cronin
Claire
Cole
Wells
Henderson
Martin
Cracknell
Liebenberg

Why are you selecting Potter out of position and leaving Porter, an International centre, on the bench?
Sorry I explained earlier that I thought Porter may be with England and possibly not released if he is till Thursday. As it’s a Friday kick off may not be time to include him in the starting XV. Obviously if not called up then straight into the starting side with Potter on the wing.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I’m going on Ashton and Nadolo being injured guys
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:23 am I’m going on Ashton and Nadolo being injured guys
Personally, I'd be starting to get worried if Ashton isn't back for the Bath game...

Failed a HIA in his last game, not seen since, with where he is in his career if he's having concussion issues it may be he decides not to risk carrying on playing.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:37 am
Scott1 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:23 am I’m going on Ashton and Nadolo being injured guys
Personally, I'd be starting to get worried if Ashton isn't back for the Bath game...

Failed a HIA in his last game, not seen since, with where he is in his career if he's having concussion issues it may be he decides not to risk carrying on playing.
There was a rumour from The Ruck I think.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:49 am

Thought that was a transfer rumor not a retirement rumour.

My concern with Ashton is that if he's not in the team by this weekend, then it's a month since he failed his HIA, which is a significant layoff. So unless he's picked up another injury that's not a failed HIA I'm concerned that a month + off due to a concussion may lead to his retirement before the end of the season.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

He was at the game on Saturday - walking through the car park and chatting with the attendants at the end of the game - can't tell with HIAs and the return-to-play protocols but he looked fit and well to me.
Hehehehehehehehe
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:30 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:49 am

Thought that was a transfer rumor not a retirement rumour.

My concern with Ashton is that if he's not in the team by this weekend, then it's a month since he failed his HIA, which is a significant layoff. So unless he's picked up another injury that's not a failed HIA I'm concerned that a month + off due to a concussion may lead to his retirement before the end of the season.
I guess there has been no mention of this issue on the BBC rugby podcast?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

trendylfj wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:04 pm He was at the game on Saturday - walking through the car park and chatting with the attendants at the end of the game - can't tell with HIAs and the return-to-play protocols but he looked fit and well to me.
Yeah in some ways that's concerning, we had a loanee winger on the bench so I doubt he's match fit, so no visible injury means still recovering from concussion becomes more likely.
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

Re: Ashton, he did say on the BBC podcast that he had just moved house again, I believe. No further details