Autumn Internationals 2022 - Non England games

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Autumn Internationals 2022 - Non England games

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RunTigerRun wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:45 am I apologise if this has already been asked,

But with next week’s tests outside the international test window (apparently) does that mean we get Weise back regardless of SA at Twickers?

Appreciate we won’t get the England guys back… that’s another point with England playing outside the test window when club games are back but hey… at least we might have Montoya and Weise back for Irish. Be good to load that bench up.
I'm pretty sure next week is still in the official test window.

We will I think get Nephi back as Samoa don't have a fixture.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

What a morning it is.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, welcome to radio Dai....and after a fierce day of competition yesterday, a song for Welsh fans everywhere......

The great Ray Charles and.....

Georgia (on my mind.)

Owwwwwww....sorry dear!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:34 am What a morning it is.

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, welcome to radio Dai....and after a fierce day of competition yesterday, a song for Welsh fans everywhere......

The great Ray Charles and.....

Georgia (on my mind.)

Owwwwwww....sorry dear!
:smt003
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:54 am
RunTigerRun wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:45 am I apologise if this has already been asked,

But with next week’s tests outside the international test window (apparently) does that mean we get Weise back regardless of SA at Twickers?

Appreciate we won’t get the England guys back… that’s another point with England playing outside the test window when club games are back but hey… at least we might have Montoya and Weise back for Irish. Be good to load that bench up.
I'm pretty sure next week is still in the official test window.

We will I think get Nephi back as Samoa don't have a fixture.
Argentina don’t have a fixture next week so Julian could be available.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Sure I saw an article about the Welsh squad on the BBC that said next weekend is outside the window, pretty sure it's only 3 weeks.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:21 pm Sure I saw an article about the Welsh squad on the BBC that said next weekend is outside the window, pretty sure it's only 3 weeks.
Would Reffell be back in their squad anyway.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:34 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:21 pm Sure I saw an article about the Welsh squad on the BBC that said next weekend is outside the window, pretty sure it's only 3 weeks.
If the game is outside the window then Prem players probably won't be released so Reffell will be with us. However, he hurt his ribs in the first game and hasn't been picked since so might be injured.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:00 pm
If the game is outside the window then Prem players probably won't be released so Reffell will be with us. However, he hurt his ribs in the first game and hasn't been picked since so might be injured.
Or with their captain as a 7 they may not be picking him
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:04 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:29 pm
Scott1 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:45 pm Danty in a mask? How bad was the fracture? 3 weeks is about right for PSDT ,very low end for me and wouldn't have occurred without the push by Kwagga.
You keep banging that drum. What's his excuse for diving head first into the player's face?

He got off light with 6 down to 3 weeks considering he pleaded not guilty.
Being pushed in the backside after he had just got to his feet after tripping? Does it happen without the push? Not for me. I don't say to people they 'keep banging the "intentional" drum' do I?!
If you trip and fall you put your hands out you don't accelerate and drive your head directly into the guy in the floor. I agree there's a push and he's not fully in control but he opts to pile in head first when there were other options. It's stupidly reckless and he deserves a longer ban.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:09 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:29 pm

You keep banging that drum. What's his excuse for diving head first into the player's face?

He got off light with 6 down to 3 weeks considering he pleaded not guilty.
Being pushed in the backside after he had just got to his feet after tripping? Does it happen without the push? Not for me. I don't say to people they 'keep banging the "intentional" drum' do I?!
If you trip and fall you put your hands out you don't accelerate and drive your head directly into the guy in the floor. I agree there's a push and he's not fully in control but he opts to pile in head first when there were other options. It's stupidly reckless and he deserves a longer ban.
Totally agree with this
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:02 pm

With the injuries they've had such as to Lydiate. I'd be shocked if he'd not been in the 23 if fit.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

France v Japan in the Toulouse rain! 21-3 after 37 minutes. Julian Marchand is a hell of a player! The Japanese are valiant but are being outclassed.
Semper in excretia
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:39 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:02 pm

With the injuries they've had such as to Lydiate. I'd be shocked if he'd not been in the 23 if fit.
The issue for me is that he is not the ideal bench player as can only play 7 and if Tiperic stays captain it makes it difficult to fit him in.
I think he must have been back in Leicester as he was involved in a Topps tiles challenge, but with a lack of info on availability it’s all guess work
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:10 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:09 pm

Totally agree with this
Good to see you back Mark 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wales: Halfpenny; Cuthbert, North, Hawkins, Dyer; Anscombe, T Williams, G Thomas, Owens, D Lewis, Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Morgan, Tipuric (capt), Faletau.

Replacements: Elias, R Jones, Francis, Carter, Macleod, Hardy, Priestland, Adams.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer