Tigers v Italian XV - Saturday 05th November 2022 - KO 1pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Italian XV - Saturday 05th November 2022 - KO 1pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

mightymouse wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:05 am I’ve not seen any of Pollards insta posts but… Understood his injury to be a torn meniscus. I think the Boks camp said he had had a bit of an op following Sarries game. That one assumes is an arthroscopy to tidy it up . If that is the case I would be surprised if he was back this early if they want to be cautious. I know these are full time atheletes with amazing rehab programs not relying on a bit of the old NHS, but every one I know who had that took quite a few months to get back to full speed
Very different op to our day Mightymouse. All key hole these days minimum invasive not unheard to be back within a month to 6 weeks.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:23 pm
No6_Flanker wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:30 pm Is the game being televised?
I wouldn't be surprised if we stream it similar to the preseason games, though maybe a small charge?
From the main site,

"If you are unable to attend

There is no live broadcast or livestream of Saturday’s fixtures. You can follow the action with updates Tigers website and app, and on the club’s social media channels."
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Listening to Wigglesworth interview definitely him and Edwards v Italy and sounds like Atkinson already taking a full part.
bendy

Post by bendy »

No midday team announcement. Does that mean we haven't yet agreed the 'rules' re subs etc with Italy?

Or can we take our boots down tomorrow and hope for a run out??
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

With the England team announcment plus the weekely club teams being announced, we may simply be picking a time in the day when it is clear and we can get a bit of publicity on our own. Makes sense as we are not tied to the normal 12.00 announcement.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

bendy wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:36 pm No midday team announcement. Does that mean we haven't yet agreed the 'rules' re subs etc with Italy?

Or can we take our boots down tomorrow and hope for a run out??
I should take your Boots Bendy just in case.
I can’t see why there should be issues with subs. It’s an Italian development team so they will want to look at as many as possible.
Maybe it’s because the clocks went back and hour and Borthers is still operating on BST
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

STARTING XV
15 Anthony Watson
14 Harry Potter
13 Guy Porter
12 Matt Scott
11 Nemani Nadolo
10 Freddie Burns (vc)
9 Richard Wigglesworth
1 James Cronin
2 Charlie Clare
3 Dan Cole (vc)
4 Harry Wells
5 Cameron Henderson
6 George Martin
7 Olly Cracknell
8 Hanro Liebenberg (c)

REPLACEMENTS: Tom Cowan-Dickie, Archie Vanes, Francois van Wyk, Will Hurd, Eli Snyman, Sean Jansen, Emeka Ilione; Sam Edwards, Charlie Atkinson, Jimmy Gopperth, Phil Cokanasiga, Joe Woodward, Marcus Ramage, Hosea Saumaki

Italian Select XV: 15 Lorenzo Pani, 14 Mattia Bellini, 13 Marco Zanon, 12 Filippo Drago, 11 Simone Gesi, 10 Leonardo Marin, 9 Nicolo Casilio; 1 Mirco Spagnolo, 2 Marco Manfredi, 3 Filippo Alongi, 4 Alessandro Ortombina, 5 Andrea Zambonin, 6 Giovanni Pettinelli (c), 7 Luca Andreani, 8 Davide Ruggeri

Replacements: 16 Lapo Frangini, 17 Luca Rizzoli, 18 Matteo Nocera, 19 Leonard Krumov, 20 Nicola Piantella, 21 Emilio Fusco, 22 Jacopo Trulla, 23 Nicolo Teneggi, 24 Giacomo Ferrari, 25 Ross Vintcent, 26 Giulio Bertaccini
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Really strong side. Bit disappointed not to see one or more of Chessum, Kelly, Pollard on the bench but they’ll be back when they’re back.

Also interesting no Whitcombe on the bench unless he’s injured
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Very strong looking team there...

Only real first team guys not getting time IMO that I can see are Green, Whitcombe & Ashton.

Simmons not making the bench reinforces my view he's injured.

Notably loanee Ramage picked NOT Browning on the bench. I wonder if Browning has had his chances at Tigers in what must be his last year in the dev squad
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:19 pm Very strong looking team there...

Only real first team guys not getting time IMO that I can see are Green, Whitcombe & Ashton.

Notably loanee Ramage picked NOT Browning on the bench. I wonder if Browning has had his chances at Tigers in what must be his last year in the dev squad
I was a bit surprised he was kept on this year given his relative anonymity when he played in the PRC last season. I'd prefer to bring Olowofela back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:19 pm Very strong looking team there...

Barring Porters availability I would expect that to be the team to start at Bath.

Looking at the bench they are possibly looking at 1 of 2 hookers, 1 of 2 backrowers and possibly who gets the outside back bench spot. Hope Atkinson gets some decent game time.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Also interesting Hegarty is not included and Joseph Woodward is, could we be saving Hegarty unless really necessary to save his cap space ?
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:28 pm Also interesting Hegarty is not included and Joseph Woodward is, could we be saving Hegarty unless really necessary to save his cap space ?
That would be my thought, if he can stay 'injured' until he leaves then that should free up some cap. May already be a done deal with Atkinson taking some of that. I think we have the resources in place to cover him until he leaves.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Last home game for Nemani maybe?

Some missed opportunities in that selection for me.

Think Simmons might have missed his chance, this was the period he was going to be required.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:41 pm Last home game for Nemani maybe?

Some missed opportunities in that selection for me.

Think Simmons might have missed his chance, this was the period he was going to be required.
Think he’ll at least be in the squad for Irish.

What are the missed opportunities?