Coventry Rugby

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dunks43

Coventry Rugby

Post by dunks43 »

Anybody needing a rugby fix this weekend.... Coventry Rugby are offering all Wasp's , Worcester & Tigers season ticket holders a ticket for their game against cornish pirates for a fiver this weekend
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Coventry Rugby

Post by loretta »

Went to a couple of games with a Cov friend last year. Good fun.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Is the Coventry ground easy to get to ?
A2O
TheChild
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheChild »

ay2oh wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:15 pm Is the Coventry ground easy to get to ?
By motor vehicle yes. On foot- no!
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Multi storey car park next door and just outside the infamous inner ring road.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Think I'd prefer to spend my money at MWWR. Hoping the club throw their doors open for an event soon
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

If there's a choice, I would travel the extra 15 mins up to Nottingham. Looking much better this season, normally a few Tigers in the matchday 23 as well. Home games on a Friday night which leaves the rest of the weekend free.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

A visit to Blaby to see Leicester Lions at home or watch Loughborough Students at home saves costs and supports local rugby too.
Hinckley are away this weekend at Exeter University, all in National leagues 2 West, Lions are currently in second place in the league and pushing for promotion this season.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

tigerburnie wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:27 am A visit to Blaby to see Leicester Lions at home or watch Loughborough Students at home saves costs and supports local rugby too.
Hinckley are away this weekend at Exeter University, all in National leagues 2 West, Lions are currently in second place in the league and pushing for promotion this season.
I’m out of touch with local rugby, do the Lions have many Tigers, if any playing for them. Promotion to league 1 would be great, but I do worry if it would present a whole new lot of problems.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:40 am
tigerburnie wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:27 am A visit to Blaby to see Leicester Lions at home or watch Loughborough Students at home saves costs and supports local rugby too.
I’m out of touch with local rugby, do the Lions have many Tigers, if any playing for them. Promotion to league 1 would be great, but I do worry if it would present a whole new lot of problems.
The Lions are coached by ex Tigers, but this season there are no dual registered players at present, but you can have a pre match meal and a ticket to watch the match against Bournville for just £25. They're presently scoring plenty of tries and looking good for a challenge at the top of the league just now, they have lost one game to league leaders Dings Crusaders from Bristol.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tigerburnie are they still backed by the guy who owns the building firm in Blaby.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:51 am Tigerburnie are they still backed by the guy who owns the building firm in Blaby.
Certainly not...............................................Burger King are one of their main sponsors these days.
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

We are lucky to have a number of great clubs within Leicestershire with good quality rugby on show down to around Counties 1.

Get down your local club for a watch and pint on Saturday afternoons, you'll be very welcome and appreciated.

If you need to see who's playing where head to https://www.englandrugby.com/fixtures-a ... 3#results