Rugby World Cup 2021 (The 2022 Edition!)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rugby World Cup 2021 (The 2022 Edition!)

Post by Postiger2 »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:32 am NZ should have been red for me too. Struggling to see a meaningful difference between the two.

Add on the ref giving a penalty to NZ in the last 5 having apparently forgotten that she was already playing advantage to England and the TMO piping up to change a kick/line out decision but not being interested in pointing out the painfully blatant knock on by NZ in their own 22. If you're going to get involved in one non-foul play decision then you've got to get involved in all of them.

Oh, and most of the lineouts England lost were from NZ grabbing their arms in the air.

Brilliant stuff by the players on both teams but let down by some shocking officiating.
Completely agree. The officiating was not befitting of the occasion. It really seems like it's playing against 16 when teams play away in NZ. I think it's fair to say that the Black Ferns had a helping hand today.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Still the positives... I last watched women's rugby a few years ago and the standard of play has come on light years. Particularly the kicking, general skills and defence. Nice to have another great sport to watch.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Tiglon wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:38 am Still the positives... I last watched women's rugby a few years ago and the standard of play has come on light years. Particularly the kicking, general skills and defence. Nice to have another great sport to watch.
And maybe, after today’s result, the tackle technique will improve. Far too many upright tackles in the women’s game, and it cost dearly today. They should all tackle like Marley Packer!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

loretta wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:58 am
Tiglon wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:38 am Still the positives... I last watched women's rugby a few years ago and the standard of play has come on light years. Particularly the kicking, general skills and defence. Nice to have another great sport to watch.
And maybe, after today’s result, the tackle technique will improve. Far too many upright tackles in the women’s game, and it cost dearly today. They should all tackle like Marley Packer!
I've no doubt it will, you can see the improved techniques of the younger players who have come through in the professional era. The increased athleticism too.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Absolutely gutted, because I know we would have won with a full compliment. Massively proud of the fight to hang in there.

Women's rugby all the better for the platform its been given. How could anyone not find that entertaining?
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

CJ wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:39 pm Fantastic news that it’s a sell out. Should be a terrific match. Here’s hoping for an England win in the rugby and the cricket, following a Tigers win on Friday.
Would you mind hoping for a Pakistan win in the cricket? …
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Absolutely, Bristol Tiger! All it needs is for City to lose and Pakistan to win and my weekend will be complete.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:20 am Absolutely gutted, because I know we would have won with a full compliment. Massively proud of the fight to hang in there.

Women's rugby all the better for the platform its been given. How could anyone not find that entertaining?
A platform on terrestrial TV no less, like the Rugby League World Cup.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

So impressed that they stayed in the fight to the end.

Where's the next world cup? We'll be ginning for it again. Will be more pro teams involved by then so hope England carry on improving with playing other pro teams.
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

I'm sure they will improve, but they must learn (like Tigers) to bring their backs into play more. Abby Dow only got one run, and that out of desperate defence before being halted by an illegal tackle. Some English coaches seem obsessed by forward dominance to the exclusion of enterprising back play.
Ancient Mariner
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

ads wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:35 am So impressed that they stayed in the fight to the end.

Where's the next world cup? We'll be ginning for it again. Will be more pro teams involved by then so hope England carry on improving with playing other pro teams.
England 2025!

Let's pack out Twickers!
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Let’s hope WR sees some games as well
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:30 pm
ads wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:35 am So impressed that they stayed in the fight to the end.

England 2025!

Let's pack out Twickers!
:smt023
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

The officiating was embarrassing, the last line out just summed it up, NZ jumper head, hands all over the England jumper!! Pen everyday of the week, ignored by the ref, touch judge and TMO.

Good effort by England even when your up against all the odds!!!