Tigers v Saracens (A) - Saturday 01st October 2022 - 3-00PM

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saracens (A) - Saturday 01st October 2022 - 3-00PM

Post by Old Hob »

Dokie, I can take the loss, it's the boastful, gloating playground bully taunting I dislike.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:29 pm Dokie, I can take the loss, it's the boastful, gloating playground bully taunting I dislike.
Just be thankful it is rugby and not football. At least you can mix with visiting fans.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Must we?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Dokie wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:33 pm
Pellsey wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:02 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:26 pm
Ah, yes; all in line with their proud statement about their core value - humility.
Hmm...about as true as if they had honesty and integrity as core values.

Looking at some of the players they have and some of the reported wages they have, I would not be surprised if they are still cheating financially. Without the cheating, at least previously, they would not have won what they won, and more annoyingly, their current ability is a direct result of this cheating, having gained the winning experience, and their younger players gaining knowledge from these overpaid players. They should have been relegated for a couple of seasons and their medals and titles removed, IMHO.
Guys, we were well beaten. Show some dignity and take it on the chin.
Yes we were well beaten by a superior team on the day. It riles me how they got there, that is all. This should not be forgotten. The fact is that they have benefitted long term from the cheating.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Moroni is a massive miss for us but when Porter came back into the team against Newcastle we looked much better in attack so worrying news about his injury. Also Scott is big in defence for us and I can only assume he is injured also.
We currently have the new combo of the old stager and the young fella and it didn’t sit quite right .. then we had dear old Muri on the wing and I think it’s clear that’s why he hasn’t played a massive amount in the first team.. I’m hoping Potter was only rested!
Regarding opposition banter it just has to be taken on the chin as someone says .. yes they were by far the better team but that just makes us underdogs again for the rest of the season .. a tag we have always worn rather well I think.
And in reply.. a couple of little ditties :-
“I rather win a title than a match”
And after any come back on that one then the undeniably:-
“I’d rather win 11 titles than cheat to get 4”
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:46 am Moroni is a massive miss for us but when Porter came back into the team against Newcastle we looked much better in attack so worrying news about his injury. Also Scott is big in defence for us and I can only assume he is injured also.
We currently have the new combo of the old stager and the young fella and it didn’t sit quite right .. then we had dear old Muri on the wing and I think it’s clear that’s why he hasn’t played a massive amount in the first team.. I’m hoping Potter was only rested!
Regarding opposition banter it just has to be taken on the chin as someone says .. yes they were by far the better team but that just makes us underdogs again for the rest of the season .. a tag we have always worn rather well I think.
And in reply.. a couple of little ditties :-
“I rather win a title than a match”
And after any come back on that one then the undeniably:-
“I’d rather win 11 titles than cheat to get 4”
Excellent! Completely agree to all!
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Look at it this way. Possibly the two toughest away games of the season are out of the way now. Everything to play for.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Indeed ..in fact..
3 of the 4 hardest away games gone
And only one home game out of 4 so far
AceRugby14

Post by AceRugby14 »

Looking at some of the players they have and some of the reported wages they have, I would not be surprised if they are still cheating financially. Without the cheating, at least previously, they would not have won what they won, and more annoyingly, their current ability is a direct result of this cheating, having gained the winning experience, and their younger players gaining knowledge from these overpaid players. They should have been relegated for a couple of seasons and their medals and titles removed, IMHO.

Just a theory with no facts, so don't go key board warrior on me :smt002; if I am right and there is no salary cap in the Championship what has stopped Sarries from giving all their current players a massive win bonus in the championship/or inflated wages for that year which is sufficient to keep them at the club (on much lower than market wages) until the salary cap goes back up. No breach in salary rules and all the players stay.

As I read that 4 of their p;layers equates to £2.6m, less marquee and academy payments this is still signifcant amount of players wage.

Maybe Sarries think the salary cap is £5m for the players on the pitch at one game :), not the squad.....
Wellscity
Tiger Cub

Post by Wellscity »

Always look on the bright side of life.....
The women did great - the futures positive - The growth in the Academy shows were are heading in the right direction.

Like the London marathon your bound to hit a speed bump every now and then along your journey and still end up winning
Dokie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dokie »

Pellsey wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:21 am
Pellsey wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:02 pm

Yes we were well beaten by a superior team on the day. It riles me how they got there, that is all. This should not be forgotten. The fact is that they have benefitted long term from the cheating.
When are you going to let it go?
You remind me of my grandmother who, when we used to watch It’s a Knockout, hated it when Germany won!
Wellscity
Tiger Cub

Post by Wellscity »

Keep the gating in the memory bank and await the arrival of Sorries at MWWR - please repay with interest as all donations will be greatfully received.

As my old coach used to say " its not how you start the season - its how you finish.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

Dokie wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:47 am
Pellsey wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:21 am
When are you going to let it go?
You remind me of my grandmother who, when we used to watch It’s a Knockout, hated it when Germany won!
I will let it go when Sorries return to their pre-cheating level. That is only fair.

Hardly the same thing as 1930s politics and modern football. They have no relevance to each other.

This is like getting a one week ban for doping when the drugs have a 6 month lifespan.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

AceRugby14 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:53 am Hmm...about as true as if they had honesty and integrity as core values.

Just a theory with no facts, so don't go key board warrior on me :smt002; if I am right and there is no salary cap in the Championship what has stopped Sarries from giving all their current players a massive win bonus in the championship/or inflated wages for that year which is sufficient to keep them at the club (on much lower than market wages) until the salary cap goes back up. No breach in salary rules and all the players stay.

As I read that 4 of their p;layers equates to £2.6m, less marquee and academy payments this is still signifcant amount of players wage.

Maybe Sarries think the salary cap is £5m for the players on the pitch at one game :), not the squad.....
In order to be promoted from the championship, a team must show that it has played, in that year, within the Premiership salary cap. There’s no cap per se though, and where there’s a will..,
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:41 am Indeed ..in fact..
3 of the 4 hardest away games gone
And only one home game out of 4 so far
And just wait ‘til we get Fordy and Gengey back.

PS did Pollard come back too soon