Kevin Sinfield - a LEGEND!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

anz3001
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Kevin Sinfield - a LEGEND!!

Post by anz3001 »

Im sure I’m just being petty but can’t really believe he wasn’t present at the inaugural Slater Cup game. Must be the only MND event he’s missed in years, and at the team he left a week ago.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

anz3001 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:43 pm Im sure I’m just being petty but can’t really believe he wasn’t present at the inaugural Slater Cup game. Must be the only MND event he’s missed in years, and at the team he left a week ago.
Probably didn’t want to overshadow Ed?
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

anz3001 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:43 pm Im sure I’m just being petty but can’t really believe he wasn’t present at the inaugural Slater Cup game. Must be the only MND event he’s missed in years, and at the team he left a week ago.
I can understand why Kevin was not at the Slater Cup game ~ if that is correct, he lives in Oldham and it is Christmas family time and he probably went to the Newcastle v Sale match on Friday and working with Steve to devise a new England team in between the Sale v Tigers match on Friday. Yes he is an MND legend but would you be wanting to drive home up the M6 on Christmas Eve. Not me! The campaign now should be true recognition for Sir Kevin and more MND funding from the Government and all.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

He may well have been planning on coming with Rob Burrows, for all we know, but Rob's wheelchair accessible car got vandalised.

Lots of reasons why he may not have been there....
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

Snubbed for the new years honours list.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Grannyman wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:12 am Snubbed for the new years honours list.
Not snubbed….rules dont allow him to get another honour for 3 years since last one….last one was in 2021.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:19 am
Grannyman wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:12 am Snubbed for the new years honours list.
Not snubbed….rules dont allow him to get another honour for 3 years since last one….last one was in 2021.
It's a guideline not a rule that you wait 5 years between honours, that said it would be a huge shame if Rob Burrows can't be there for it, so I think the sooner the better
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Does he actually want one though?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:47 am Does he actually want one though?
I think he's more concerned about Rob than any accolades, but the fact he accepted an OBE suggests he'd probably accept a knighthood