England Squad - Autumn Internationals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Re: England Squad - Autumn Internationals

Post by Robespierre »

No Willis! What's Eddie on, for God's sake?
The good news is that he can prepare to be in the Toulouse squad away to Lyon on Sunday!

Wonder if Genge will be dropped, particularly as Rodd has been included?
There are five second rows in this squad, which means that there'll be one in the back row out of position :smt017
Freeman to play? Hope so.
Semper in excretia
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:48 pm No Willis! What's Eddie on, for God's sake?
The good news is that he can prepare to be in the Toulouse squad away to Lyon on Sunday!

There are five second rows in this squad, which means that there'll be one in the back row out of position :smt017
Freeman,Rodd and Tizzard won’t make the cut most likely
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Robespierre wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:48 pm No Willis! What's Eddie on, for God's sake?

Willis signed for a French club its outside the test window probably had to send him over there
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

The headlines have already been written for this one. An England win and it’s “we should win against an under strength Boks side”….a loss…..god help us !!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

westwinds31 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:44 pm The headlines have already been written for this one. An England win and it’s “we should win against an under strength Boks side”….a loss…..god help us !!
Where did you see them mate?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

"England hope to shore up the scrum with Mako Vunipola " The Daily Mail. Oh how we laughed
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Whispers are JVP to keep his place,Itoje to BR with Simmonds dropping to the bench and Coles starting at lock. Slade could be starting with Manu dropping to the bench. Mako and George to start. So could be....
Mako
George
Sinckler
Hill
Coles
Itoje
Curry
Billy V
JVP
Smith
May
Farrell
Slade
Nowell
Steward

Genge,LCD,Stuart,Ribbans,Simmonds, Youngs,Porter,Manu
Last edited by Scott1 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

If that’s the starting pack, Eddie is doing JVP no favours again… could be a tough first period trying to get any gainline carries with those starting against the Boks…
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:35 am If that’s the starting pack, Eddie is doing JVP no favours again… could be a tough first period trying to get any gainline carries with those starting against the Boks…
Wouldn't surprise me if he went 6/2 split either
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:37 am
RunTigerRun wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:35 am If that’s the starting pack, Eddie is doing JVP no favours again… could be a tough first period trying to get any gainline carries with those starting against the Boks…
So that would mean Tizzard instead of Porter?

England suddenly look really underpowered again.

That would be annoying if Porter wasn’t In the 23 but couldn’t have been released to Tigers vs Irish… 😏
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:03 am
Scott1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:37 am
So that would mean Tizzard instead of Porter?

England suddenly look really underpowered again.

That would be annoying if Porter wasn’t In the 23 but couldn’t have been released to Tigers vs Irish… 😏
Yes,looks like that would be the case if so.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Boks have gone 5/3 split on their bench. MVS one of the forwards.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:33 am Boks have gone 5/3 split on their bench. MVS one of the forwards.
Apologises, I must have been dreaming I thought MVS left us as he had to retire due to injury :smt017
Wow that must have been some bender night when I thought I had read that
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:42 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:33 am Boks have gone 5/3 split on their bench. MVS one of the forwards.
Apologises, I must have been dreaming I thought MVS left us as he had to retire due to injury :smt017
Wow that must have been some bender night when I thought I had read that
It’s basically all down to insurance, we couldn’t/wouldn’t, South Africans decided they could.
Does make you wonder though doesn’t it, bit like the Iranian goalie trying to stay on the other day.