England Squad - Autumn Internationals

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: England Squad - Autumn Internationals

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:43 pm It is reported in today's Times that Cockers has said that Dan Cole, "..is still in contention".
Tbf EJ would be an idiot not to be considering him. Maybe part of last season was a final flourish, but now he's sustaining whilst getting ever closer to the world cup, he really will be considering him
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Stuart left the Bath/Sarries game on crutches. Could be a big chance coming up for Heyes.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:13 am Stuart left the Bath/Sarries game on crutches. Could be a big chance coming up for Heyes.
Heyes was always going to be in the reckoning. Sinclair found a return to form in the Bristol game, and that partnership with Genge will be something Jones will be keen to see develop
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:13 am Stuart left the Bath/Sarries game on crutches. Could be a big chance coming up for Heyes.
I wonder (and am worried) that the Stuart injury may be the thing that gives EJ the excuse to get back Cole...
Last edited by TigerFeetSteve on Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:10 pm
I wonder (and am worried) that the Stuart injury may be the thing that gives EJ the excuse to gi back Cole...
Coley is the form tight head in England and defo deserves a recall, if Eddie is picking on form then Dan should be in the starting 15. Wouldn’t be great for Tigers but he has been working hard and wants the phone from EJ.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

We really need Kelly and Porter back for the Autumn internationals, could lose Scott to Scotland and either one of Porter or Kelly to England.

Front row could be decimated to, potential of Cole, Heyes, Montoya, Nephi all being called up.

Also the back row we will lose Wiese, Reffell and the Berg must be close to a call up to SA if they get injuries.

On top of that, Martin, Chessum, JVP, Youngs, Watson, Steward, England, Henderson, Scotland, Muri, Fiji, Saumaki, Tonga.

Going to be a tough period!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Did I read there has been an issue with Schickerling eligibility, and is Collier injured ?
With Stewart injury they have now gone from plenty of strength to a bit of an issue. Sinclair, Heyes and 1 other.
No doubt that Cole can still perform at test level
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

baz1664 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:30 am We really need Kelly and Porter back for the Autumn internationals, could lose Scott to Scotland and either one of Porter or Kelly to England.

Front row could be decimated to, potential of Cole, Heyes, Montoya, Nephi all being called up.

Also the back row we will lose Wiese, Reffell and the Berg must be close to a call up to SA if they get injuries.

On top of that, Martin, Chessum, JVP, Youngs, Watson, Steward, England, Henderson, Scotland, Muri, Fiji, Saumaki, Tonga.

Scott no where near the Scottish squad, Kelly and Porter won’t be called up due to lack of game time.
As good as Berg is there is no indication that he is close to SA squad and they don’t have a shortage of back rowers, and it is no means certain that Reffell will be with Wales, there is plenty of competition for that 7 shirt.
England we will loose Heyes, Chessum possibly if fit, Lenny, JVP and Steward, possibly Cole depending on tight head resources
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:30 am Did I read there has been an issue with Schickerling eligibility, and is Collier injured ?
With Stewart injury they have now gone from plenty of strength to a bit of an issue. Sinclair, Heyes and 1 other.
No doubt that Cole can still perform at test level
Schickerling is an odd one. Someone on Twitter has taken an interview of his to the Mail where he explains how he is eligible for England and actually then cross-referenced the rules showing he's ineligible and he (plus England calling him up for Aus) were wrong.

Not been acknowledged officially, but seems pretty clear cut to me, from reading the regs on it that he is mistaken.. England rugby need to acknowledge this though...
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

baz1664 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:30 am
True but we only have 2 games in that period now vs Bath and London Irish.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Called up

Porter
Steward
JvP
Youngs
Heyes

So we're keeping Watson and Cole which is big for us!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:34 am Called up

Porter
Steward
JvP
Youngs
Heyes

So we're keeping Watson and Cole which is big for us!
Excellent Chessum listed as injured but not sure what it is. Porter knock not as bad as first thought.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Unless I’m missing something seems to have named 4 looseheads. Genge, Rapava Ruskin, Rodd, and Vunipola, but only 2 tightheads Heyes and Sinckler.

Pleased for Mcguigan.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Cole was scapegoated for Macko failing to hold his own at loosehead.

Perhaps not the dancing running prop that seems to be needed at international level but a true scrummager with an 80 minute engine.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Shocked no Daly and Lawrence in the centres. Both back in form and deserve to be in the squad. Daly as a 13 and nowhere near 15 though.