Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: England Squad - Autumn Internationals

Post by Scott1 »

Chobbsy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:42 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:33 am Boks have gone 5/3 split on their bench. MVS one of the forwards.
Apologises, I must have been dreaming I thought MVS left us as he had to retire due to injury :smt017
Wow that must have been some bender night when I thought I had read that
Might not play ever again then on the bench for The Bulls virtually immediately!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:12 am
Chobbsy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:42 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:33 am Boks have gone 5/3 split on their bench. MVS one of the forwards.
Apologises, I must have been dreaming I thought MVS left us as he had to retire due to injury :smt017
Wow that must have been some bender night when I thought I had read that
Might not play ever again then on the bench for The Bulls virtually immediately!
It was never a match fitness thing. He was fit and recovered from his concussion, but the insurance company was spooked by his history and length of time it took to recover.

Leicester Tigers insurance company wouldn't cover him to play post concussion issues (lawsuits in this country with big numbers floating around scare insurance companies)

Different rules in different countries, so he can play for Bulls as they can insure him.

I'm sure there was a French player a few years ago who came to the UK in similar (but different health issue) circumstances
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I get that TFS,but why didn't the club mention that (apologies if I missed it). All the talk at the time was the seriousness of the injury and that its possible he might never play again and that we have allowed him go home to continue his rehabilitation. Next second he's signed to The Bulls and playing! Although you could say that's more on them than us
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Did I miss this earlier but on the Rugby Pod it was said that JVP had a broken finger with bone poking through the skin in the game. Is this correct, or were they taking the mickey?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:01 pm I get that TFS,but why didn't the club mention that (apologies if I missed it). All the talk at the time was the seriousness of the injury and that its possible he might never play again and that we have allowed him go home to continue his rehabilitation. Next second he's signed to The Bulls and playing! Although you could say that's more on them than us
For me the "continuing his rehabilitation" says this. He was probably not even allowed to do contact training here so needed to start that too. Nothing in the club communication said his career was over, that was more fan supposition. The fact is we got him as close to playing as we could and it seems our insurers still said no. Bull's insurers had a different opinion
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

wigworth wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:27 pm Did I miss this earlier but on the Rugby Pod it was said that JVP had a broken finger with bone poking through the skin in the game. Is this correct, or were they taking the mickey?
He definitely did something to his finger end which looked painful. Can’t believe he would be playing this weekend with a compound fracture even if it’s just his pinky
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:42 pm
wigworth wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:27 pm Did I miss this earlier but on the Rugby Pod it was said that JVP had a broken finger with bone poking through the skin in the game. Is this correct, or were they taking the mickey?
He definitely did something to his finger end which looked painful. Can’t believe he would be playing this weekend with a compound fracture even if it’s just his pinky
I saw him after the game speaking to someone outside Spirit of Rugby I didn't notice any obvious injury
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:42 pm
Maybe he's got the same recovery powers as Danty!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:40 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:01 pm I get that TFS,but why didn't the club mention that (apologies if I missed it). All the talk at the time was the seriousness of the injury and that its possible he might never play again and that we have allowed him go home to continue his rehabilitation. Next second he's signed to The Bulls and playing! Although you could say that's more on them than us
For me the "continuing his rehabilitation" says this. He was probably not even allowed to do contact training here so needed to start that too. Nothing in the club communication said his career was over, that was more fan supposition. The fact is we got him as close to playing as we could and it seems our insurers still said no. Bull's insurers had a different opinion
Good points all round TFS! 👍
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Must win for England for me to salvage something out of these AI. 2-1-1 wouldn't be a bad return ,not good either tbh,but 1-1-2 would be poor! Of course we could always get another draw but I doubt that.
Last edited by Scott1 on Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Just hope none of our players get broken.
A2O
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Only just seen that Rodd is in because Mako has a slight injury and could miss the game. There was no way Genges place was at risk!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

England starting XV: F Steward; T Freeman, M Tuilagi, O Farrell, J May; M Smith, J van Poortvliet; M Vunipola, J George, K Sinckler, M Itoje, J Hill, A Coles, T Curry, B Vunipola.

Replacements: L Cowan-Dickie, E Genge, W Stuart, D Ribbans, S Simmonds, B Youngs, H Slade, J Nowell.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Too late to have Guy back?!
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Eddie really does love playing locks in the back row.