Tigers v Northampton (A) - 24th September 2022 - 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Northampton (A) - 24th September 2022 - 3-00pm

Post by sam16111986 »

Before that try at the end of the first half I thought we were in for a tough afternoon but as the waves of pressure built I got a feeling we could do something. Had we not got that try I think the game could have gone either way but once we got it, it felt like our game to lose.

The bench deployment was excellent. I'm not sure about starting any if those guys because it's clearly a game plan thing that they are unleashed on a tired defence where their strengths are then amplified. I'm not sure Cracknell or Cokanasiga would have had the same impact starting.

Martin and Reffell were excellent as the starting flankers, huge shifts from the pair of them.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Forwards won us the fame, to much power for the stains to handle resulting in so many yellow cards it made our backs look brilluant at the end when they save Nadalo and Steward were poor. Stains forum in meltdown blaming the officials and moaning about Healey being bias petty us Tigers fans having to suffer the one eyes wasp Dallaglio.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

fentiger wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:51 pm Excellent performance :smt023

On another note Etzebeth just been carded for exactly what Chessum did (push) :smt017
Was the player he pushed in a blatantly offside position and actively obstructing a legal clear out?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

On another note Etzebeth just been carded for exactly what Chessum did (push) :smt017
Wrong shout he pushed the man that wasn’t involved in the collision.
Different in I’m afraid. Etzebeth was chasing a kick Chessum was getting to a ruck to clear out which the Saints player was approaching from the wrong side
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:54 pm Before that try at the end of the first half I thought we were in for a tough afternoon but as the waves of pressure built I got a feeling we could do something. Had we not got that try I think the game could have gone either way but once we got it, it felt like our game to lose.

The bench deployment was excellent. I'm not sure about starting any if those guys because it's clearly a game plan thing that they are unleashed on a tired defence where their strengths are then amplified. I'm not sure Cracknell or Cokanasiga would have had the same impact starting.

Martin and Reffell were excellent as the starting flankers, huge shifts from the pair of them.
Very good points Sam, it is a 23 man game. Next week on Sarries plastic carpet so will be interesting to see what side is put out., as well as Tuesday
nicmattyg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nicmattyg »

Moroni just scored
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Any fans that were, there looked like Pollard was in warm up gear on the bench. Did he take any part in the warm up.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:00 pm Any fans that were, there looked like Pollard was in warm up gear on the bench. Did he take any part in the warm up.
Yeah there are photos/video of him warming up with the team
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

kpj tiger wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:05 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:00 pm Any fans that were, there looked like Pollard was in warm up gear on the bench. Did he take any part in the warm up.
Yeah there are photos/video of him warming up with the team
Thanks kpj
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:59 pm
sam16111986 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:54 pm Before that try at the end of the first half I thought we were in for a tough afternoon but as the waves of pressure built I got a feeling we could do something. Had we not got that try I think the game could have gone either way but once we got it, it felt like our game to lose.

Very good points Sam, it is a 23 man game. Next week on Sarries plastic carpet so will be interesting to see what side is put out., as well as Tuesday
With the midweek game this week plus a couple of injuries there won't be too many changes.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Dan Cole btw :smt038 The man is a level above any of England's current TH options. He's got even better since Eddie made the frankly daft decision to dispense with him. The guy is a beast.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Postiger2 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:38 pm Dan Cole btw :smt038 The man is a level above any of England's current TH options. He's got even better since Eddie made the frankly daft decision to dispense with him. The guy is a beast.
Agreed but can’t see Jones reversing his decision. Heyes did well when he came on as well.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

I remember Barnes carding an opposition player for doing the same things against Tigers at MWWR last season.

I think we got the rub of the green on some decisions today for sure. I think we deserved the win (obviously) but I think if the tables had been turned I, along with many others would be fuming. A few decisions could have very easily gone the other way today and all of a sudden it's a different game.. different set of officials, different outcome? Maybe but that's not the way it goes. The lads did extremely well..

It's crazy to think given the final scoreline that (aside from the very early stages when we went 3-0 up) we were behind all game until the 70th minute!! Never say die!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:56 pm

Wrong shout he pushed the man that wasn’t involved in the collision.
Different in I’m afraid. Etzebeth was chasing a kick Chessum was getting to a ruck to clear out which the Saints player was approaching from the wrong side
Agreed.. could have gone the other way today but well handled by the officials given the position the Saints player found himself
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:49 pm

I remember Barnes carding an opposition player for doing the same things against Tigers at MWWR last season.

I think we got the rub of the green on some decisions today for sure. I think we deserved the win (obviously) but I think if the tables had been turned I, along with many others would be fuming. A few decisions could have very easily gone the other way today and all of a sudden it's a different game.. different set of officials, different outcome? Maybe but that's not the way it goes. The lads did extremely well..

It's crazy to think given the final scoreline that (aside from the very early stages when we went 3-0 up) we were behind all game until the 70th minute!! Never say die!
With the warnings given I don’t think there could be any question over the 3 yellows. The only bad luck for me was Waller friendly fire injury that was indirectly caused by the Chessum push. Completely freak accident though and Dickson looked at it properly