Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Northampton (A) - 24th September 2022 - 3-00pm

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:51 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:22 pm Well.....a glass of Remy after a trying day. Got stuck on the wrong side of the M4 when it closed Just picking up some paint for the house! Dad was "not very well" in the car and I forgot to hit record on the match.

Anyone know when highlights are on?

Sounds like we pressured saints into errors but had a little of tge rub of the green on decisions. Also sounds like Mr Dallaglio was his normal, unbiased self.

Cheers all.
Highlights are here Dai.. enjoy.. best get that Remy back out (not that it's probably gone away yet!)

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/cl ... ter-tigers
Bits that the highlights don't show was 2 try saving tackles by Saints deny a certain Tigers try, ball over the line by JvP but held up and a Saints try rightly disallowed for a forward pass.. so much going on today.. have I missed anything?
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
RichG
Tiger Cub

Post by RichG »

Matchday Wrap-up says only 2 penalties conceded (I was out & have not watched the game yet). Must be a record for us in the league. Remarkable considering it was a local derby. The team & coaching team deserve massive credit.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:22 pm Well.....a glass of Remy after a trying day. Got stuck on the wrong side of the M4 when it closed Just picking up some paint for the house! Dad was "not very well" in the car and I forgot to hit record on the match.

Sounds like we pressured saints into errors but had a little of tge rub of the green on decisions. Also sounds like Mr Dallaglio was his normal, unbiased self.

Cheers all.
there's a replay of the match at 7:30 tomorrow morning on BT Sport3 lasting an hour & half
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

RichG wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:04 pm Matchday Wrap-up says only 2 penalties conceded (I was out & have not watched the game yet). Must be a record for us in the league. Remarkable considering it was a local derby. The team & coaching team deserve massive credit.
Was mentioned in the commentary that it was well into the game before our 1st one think it might have been Chessum offside
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Bge3095 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:02 am Like the looks of the team! We are definitely made stronger with a fully fit South African and Argentine contingent. On a side note I’m really liking the look of Cokanasiga think he could become a real good player.

Currently unsure if I’ll be able to watch the game on my phone as I am in the maternity ward waiting the arrival of my first child 😆
Amazing result from Tigers , they really delivered. How was Mrs BGE3095 with her delivery ...any news ???
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:51 pm

Cheers all.
Highlights are here Dai.. enjoy.. best get that Remy back out (not that it's probably gone away yet!)

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/cl ... ter-tigers
Thanks folks......just had another. Nice end to a :censored: day.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Only watched the last 30 mins live due to a family visit. Now watched the full game …. Other than the first 20 mins and the first 5 mins of the 2nd half we completely dominated , mainly through the scrum so a well deserved win. Think we got the rub of the green with the decisions although the yellow cards were all well deserved and the right decisions. Coley, Porter,Cronin and Nadolo were great , Cracknell and Cockasinga were excellent off the bench. Freddie B (and Gopperth) had a less than memorable game. Saints are easily bullied and muscle wins Prem games…….. and not even our full muscle.
What’s happened to Potter …. After an amazing season last year he’s full of errors this year …. The kick through by Biggar after 6 mins and Potter is dawdling when it’s clearly his ball ….. just one of many errors and he hardly put a foot wrong last season. Hopefully he’ll sort himself out and reach the heights he achieved last season.
Last edited by Greenwhiteandred on Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:35 pm Only watched the last 30 mins live due to a family visit. Now watched the full game …. Other than the first 20 mins and the first 5 mins of the 2nd half we completely dominated , mainly through the scrum so a well deserved win. Think we got the rub of the green with the decisions although the yellow cards were all well deserved and the right decisions. Coley and Nadolo were great , Cracknell and Cockasinga were excellent off the bench. Freddie B had a less than memorable game. Saints are easily bullied and muscle wins Prem games…….. and not even our full muscle.
Thought Freddie B kicked well . Think we missed him when he went off v Chiefs. Pretty solid for me
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tykger wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:41 pm
Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:35 pm Only watched the last 30 mins live due to a family visit. Now watched the full game …. Other than the first 20 mins and the first 5 mins of the 2nd half we completely dominated , mainly through the scrum so a well deserved win. Think we got the rub of the green with the decisions although the yellow cards were all well deserved and the right decisions. Coley and Nadolo were great , Cracknell and Cockasinga were excellent off the bench. Freddie B had a less than memorable game. Saints are easily bullied and muscle wins Prem games…….. and not even our full muscle.
Thought Freddie B kicked well . Think we missed him when he went off v Chiefs. Pretty solid for me
Agree to disagree - kicked less than average out of hand and distribution was a bit sketchy…. Just my opinion though
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Shows my age but it was nice to see Burns, Gopperth and Cocanasinga all passing the ball with a swing of the hips and decent arm extension gives a much more precise and speedy pass
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Couldn’t fault the effort of any of our squad: I was in the Barwell Stand and though Burns had a decent game. For some reason Saints just couldn’t cope with our forwards yet it was almost their same pack that pushed us all the way in the semi!
Another tough incredibly game next week when we won’t be able to bully the Sarries’ pack. I’m going so hope others are making the effort to support our great team.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Verdict from Posh Richard.

The forwards decide who wins the game......Sir by how many.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Love to see the stats on Cronin- clearly not as eye catching as Genge but seemed to me he was everywhere tacklewise , carrying and might have got over the ball a couple of times. He’s been good in previous games but thought he was immense today
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:52 pm Verdict from Posh Richard.

The forwards decide who wins the game......Sir by how many.
Posh R still smarting at the Glaws result !?