Tigers v Northampton (A) - 24th September 2022 - 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Northampton (A) - 24th September 2022 - 3-00pm

Post by Ian Cant »

Just got back from Franklins Gardens: amazed at what I saw but incredible results all round! Everyone played well, it was well reffed and thanks to all the players( especially Freddie Burns, JVP, Clare, Chessum and Martin who took a lot of time with the fans after the final whistle for photos and chats) and the coaches. Great win.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:00 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:49 pm
fentiger wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:51 pm Excellent performance :smt023

On another note Etzebeth just been carded for exactly what Chessum did (push) :smt017
I remember Barnes carding an opposition player for doing the same things against Tigers at MWWR last season.

I think we got the rub of the green on some decisions today for sure. I think we deserved the win (obviously) but I think if the tables had been turned I, along with many others would be fuming. A few decisions could have very easily gone the other way today and all of a sudden it's a different game.. different set of officials, different outcome? Maybe but that's not the way it goes. The lads did extremely well..

It's crazy to think given the final scoreline that (aside from the very early stages when we went 3-0 up) we were behind all game until the 70th minute!! Never say die!
With the warnings given I don’t think there could be any question over the 3 yellows. The only bad luck for me was Waller friendly fire injury that was indirectly caused by the Chessum push. Completely freak accident though and Dickson looked at it properly
No question about the 3 yellows for me either. I thought a yellow might have even come sooner but worked out well. Just a few other decisions over the course of the game seemed to go our way that was all..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hear what you’re saying Oakham. I think that when you do have total dominance up front you will get the 50/50 calls.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:11 pm Hear what you’re saying Oakham. I think that when you do have total dominance up front you will get the 50/50 calls.
Guess so.. and we have been on the other side of the fence plenty too so swings and roundabouts!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Well.....a glass of Remy after a trying day. Got stuck on the wrong side of the M4 when it closed Just picking up some paint for the house! Dad was "not very well" in the car and I forgot to hit record on the match.

Anyone know when highlights are on?

Sounds like we pressured saints into errors but had a little of tge rub of the green on decisions. Also sounds like Mr Dallaglio was his normal, unbiased self.

Cheers all.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Big Dai wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:22 pm Well.....a glass of Remy after a trying day. Got stuck on the wrong side of the M4 when it closed Just picking up some paint for the house! Dad was "not very well" in the car and I forgot to hit record on the match.

Sounds like we pressured saints into errors but had a little of tge rub of the green on decisions. Also sounds like Mr Dallaglio was his normal, unbiased self.

Cheers all.
They often show highlights of the previous days match before Sundays programme
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:26 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:22 pm Well.....a glass of Remy after a trying day. Got stuck on the wrong side of the M4 when it closed Just picking up some paint for the house! Dad was "not very well" in the car and I forgot to hit record on the match.

Cheers all.
It will certainly need to be a long highlights reel for todays game! :smt003
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:28 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:26 pm

Cheers all.
It will certainly need to be a long highlights reel for todays game! :smt003
I don’t know whether you saw the coverage before the game but Austin said that despite the rest of the games troubles the actual product on show is terrific
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Just seen the result! Impressive! Was it a bonus point win? Is it by tries scored or the difference in tries scored with the opposing side?
Semper in excretia
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Robespierre wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:32 pm Just seen the result! Impressive! Was it a bonus point win? Is it by tries scored or the difference in tries scored with the opposing side?
TBP for 4 tries scored
LBP for finishing within 7 points
4 points for the win
2 points for a draw

So today was 5-0
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:34 pm
Robespierre wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:32 pm Just seen the result! Impressive! Was it a bonus point win? Is it by tries scored or the difference in tries scored with the opposing side?
TBP for 4 tries scored
4 points for the win
2 points for a draw

So today was 5-0
it was actually 21-17 to Saints with 69 minutes played. Last 10 things went into overdrive a little with 3 Saints players in the bin
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Cheers all.
https://video.premiershiprugby.com/pr-tv

The full match and highlights will appear on this link, but with it being one that BT had rights to these are normally the last uploaded
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

5 tries Steward getting a hat trick, Martin and Ashton the others. 14-3 down at one stage. Bossed it up front which led to them getting 3 yellows in the last 15 minutes. Motm was the Polar Bear for destroying their set piece.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Cheers all.
Highlights are here Dai.. enjoy.. best get that Remy back out (not that it's probably gone away yet!)

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/video/cl ... ter-tigers
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:34 pm
TBP for 4 tries scored
4 points for the win
2 points for a draw

So today was 5-0
Thanks 🙏
Semper in excretia