Worrying attendances

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Worrying attendances

Post by Rugbygramps »

mightymouse wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:04 am I agree with cheaper prices filling stands and selling food and drink

No shortage of queues at the bars in MWWR .. and as far as ai know they are not concessions and the club keep all the profits and at 5 quid a pint and no return on your plastic cup any more that profit must be considerable
If it works brilliant, if it doesn’t and I’m still not sure where all these extra fans are coming from then huge headache for the clubs.
Also would have to be start of the season and reduction for everyone
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

As a season ticket holder I would not be happy or impressed if the Club started to offer tickets at a reduced rate. It would make some think about the value of having a season ticket and maybe drop the season ticket at the end of the season if these reductions were happening regularly. Season tickets are the bread and butter of the club and is working capital for the season. Shop sales and hospitality provide additional income.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:55 am
Tiglon wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:39 am Am I the only one who thinks £17 is cheap? Would all of you be flocking down there if it was a tenner? I doubt it.

Rugbygramps, let me know where that £5 cinema is, it's double that anywhere that I've been in the last 10 years!
Vue at Meridian Tiglon, unless it’s gone up recently. But I bet you’re a man that likes a luxury seat. :smt023
Cinema pricing round here is very variable I find. Meridan in the day time is a £5 if booked on line. Not sure what it is in the evening. The Odeon is a bit more and £17 is very comparable to going there on a Tuesday for a 7 or 8pm screening. I think I paid that to see Nope a few weeks ago for instance.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

£17.00 to see a professional rugby match is very cheap a good concession on normal Premiership prices and with great discounts for the under18's.
For those interested the Vue cinema on Meridian is very comfortable, for me requiring a little more seat room than the average I actually like it better than the Odeon and adjacent free parking means it is easier to use than the Showcase.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Its a very good side we are putting out and if last weeks game v Sale is anything to go by, it will be a very entertaining game, so good value and even more reason to have a season ticket.

Incidentally I believe its on the box, BT Sport.

Re cinema prices, I don't go, but just read SAGA mag and it says Odeon, Silver something, over 60s on Tuesdays it only costs £3.50.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:39 am Am I the only one who thinks £17 is cheap? Would all of you be flocking down there if it was a tenner? I doubt it.

Rugbygramps, let me know where that £5 cinema is, it's double that anywhere that I've been in the last 10 years!
£17 is the price of a ticket to watch Nottingham at home in the Championship.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:21 pm

Based on that I'd say we've got the price about right... standard of rugby of the PRC is probably similar level to the Championship.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:19 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:21 pm

Based on that I'd say we've got the price about right... standard of rugby of the PRC is probably similar level to the Championship.
Agreed it is a good indicator and possibly where the prices come from
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Just a note from across the channel, courtesy of Planet Rugby:

La Rochelle will tonight have their 70th, YES SEVENTIETH, consecutive sell-out (excluding Covid, I think).

16,000 x 70 = 1,120,000 at 100% stadium capacity.

1.1m consecutive seats filled.

Does anyone even come close for % full in rugby?!#SRR92 #TOP14 @staderochelais

— Matt Hardy (@MattHardyJourno) October 1, 2022
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Old Hob wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:31 pm Just a note from across the channel, courtesy of Planet Rugby:

La Rochelle will tonight have their 70th, YES SEVENTIETH, consecutive sell-out (excluding Covid, I think).

16,000 x 70 = 1,120,000 at 100% stadium capacity.

1.1m consecutive seats filled.

Does anyone even come close for % full in rugby?!#SRR92 #TOP14 @staderochelais

— Matt Hardy (@MattHardyJourno) October 1, 2022
They've lost a lot of revenue not having a bigger stadium.

The ideal/optimum size of stadium is one were most games are not sold out but that the biggest or most attractive fixtures mostly do.