Worrying attendances

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Worrying attendances

Post by Rugbygramps »

Also very much dependent on which teams are at home. Extremes I know but if you had a weekend where Newcastle, Sale, Wasps and Irish were 4 of the home teams, the picture would look a lot less rosy than if 4 of them were Tigers, Saints Gloucester and Bristol
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Did I read it right its £17 for Tuesday night at Welford Road.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:48 pm Did I read it right its £17 for Tuesday night at Welford Road.
Its free with your season ticket.
Super User
Super User

LE18 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:41 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:48 pm Did I read it right its £17 for Tuesday night at Welford Road.
Doesn't help if you dont have one, just seems steep if you were looking for a walk up on a Tuesday evening
RichG
Tiger Cub

Post by RichG »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:48 pm
Doesn't help if you dont have one, just seems steep if you were looking for a walk up on a Tuesday evening
It was £27 at Sale on Tuesday & that was an Under 30s ticket. £42 for an adult ticket in the main stand!
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

RichG wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:15 pm

It was £27 at Sale on Tuesday & that was an Under 30s ticket. £42 for an adult ticket in the main stand!
That’s ridiculous.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

I'd have gone no more than £10 for the prem cup, everyone knows its a youth/reserve cup as far as Tigers are concerned so price it cheap and try and get families in.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:49 pm I'd have gone no more than £10 for the prem cup, everyone knows its a youth/reserve cup as far as Tigers are concerned so price it cheap and try and get families in.
Honest question. How many families are likely to attend a 7pm kick off on a Tuesday night.
I do agree that £17 seems a little steep for a walk up when you can go to the cinema for £5
Super User
Super User

Grannyman wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:24 pm
RichG wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:15 pm

That’s ridiculous.
I can think of another phrase to use...
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Silly old git reminiscing.

Welford Rd Tuesday 7.15pm kickoff to watch 'Firsts' play such teams as Bedford.
Not knowing who was in the team until announced that evening (players had other commitments you know - sounds familiar?)

400 and a dog watching. Free to ramble up and down the terrace following the game.
Touch Judges supplied by the teams. The key aim for having a membership was the annual Barbarians bunfight! For some members that was the only game they attended.

I'm off now to put my teeth in a jar, don my jammies and dream of empty cans rolling down the mound. :smt015
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I agree with cheaper prices filling stands and selling food and drink

No shortage of queues at the bars in MWWR .. and as far as ai know they are not concessions and the club keep all the profits and at 5 quid a pint and no return on your plastic cup any more that profit must be considerable
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Am I the only one who thinks £17 is cheap? Would all of you be flocking down there if it was a tenner? I doubt it.

Rugbygramps, let me know where that £5 cinema is, it's double that anywhere that I've been in the last 10 years!
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:39 am Am I the only one who thinks £17 is cheap? Would all of you be flocking down there if it was a tenner? I doubt it.
£17 would be cheap for a Staurday afternoon watching the first team play a premiership match, but the seconds/kids play in a mid week match in a cup no-one really cares about is a bit much for me.
I live in Leeds so won't be going any way though.....

The game needs to look good* on the telly for people to want to go to a live match, so first it needs to be on the telly, either live or decent highlights package at a time where people might actually watch it. If people watch those games on the telly and see nearly full stadiums they'll want to be part of that. Sheep innt!
While is expensive to go to games, and it's not on any kind of accessible TV channels it's never going to grow.

*Judging by the scores for this weeks matchs, plenty of tries are being scored so it should look pretty good.

Friday night:
31-39
Saturday:
40-36
21-41
41-39
39-5
Sunday:
43-42
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:39 am Am I the only one who thinks £17 is cheap? Would all of you be flocking down there if it was a tenner? I doubt it.

Rugbygramps, let me know where that £5 cinema is, it's double that anywhere that I've been in the last 10 years!
Vue at Meridian Tiglon, unless it’s gone up recently. But I bet you’re a man that likes a luxury seat. :smt023