The Rolling Maul Podcast - Special Guests - Latest: Andrea Pinchen

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Rolling Maul Podcast - Special Guests

Post by GB72 »

I too find some of the posts somewhat disingenuous bearing in mind that the podcast is nothing but a benefit to the fans. I for one am happy to see it promoted as much as possible as if these things are not supported, they disappear.

As for seeking instruction from the club on a former player. To a small extent I can understand. The rumours (and they are only rumours) are that the departure was not amicable and so it may be wise for the club to hear the content before they allow the promotion of the interview on an official forum.

Still, on the main point, I see no reason not to post about parts fo the podcast that may be of interest to the fans and I cannot see why the forum, the fanbase, the podcast and the club cannot live in perfect harmony. I have really enjoyed the podcast to date and with peopld commenting that there is little enough promoting club rugby, every opportunity like this should be encouraged. In fact, as I think Gloucester did, I think the club should be doing more to encourage podcasters, instagrammers, Tik Tokers and all other with social media following to promote the club, including allowing higher levels of access. That is how you attract the next generation of fans and I think that it all should be promoted on the forum.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I shall therefore keep my own consul and not bother in future for fear of upsetting someone’s feelings.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:30 pm
iceman_19 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:18 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:55 pm I’ll repeat my removed post, it is obviously just me, and as They have stated they will only post to update on new programmes, I will know im not missing any earth shattering news.

Funny how Pollard and Montoya are mentioned but not Moroni and MVS
You’re really quite unpleasant aren’t you. This is something we put a lot of effort into and you can only find time to be disingenuous. If you don’t like it, ignore it. It’s not forced upon you.

Your argument is that some Tigers fans, who run a Tigers podcast discussing Tigers news and Tigers matches with cameos from current or former Tigers players, should not flag the podcast as being of potential interest to other Tigers fans on a Tigers forum. Absolutely bonkers.

Whilst you attempt to have a run at our credibility:

Moroni - we never said he had re-signed but that the parties both agreed they wanted to renew, that went cold after we snapped up Watson. That took his spot.

MVS - we said he had overcome a return to play hurdle, which he had. Whilst we hoped that it would lead to a return for Leicester, but insurance issues made that difficult. He has since made a successful return to play in SA.
Not at all I speak as I find. As I have said I am obviously in the wrong and if others enjoy it then brilliant. The only time I have listened was the aforementioned episode which if memory serves was touted as having 3 earth shattering pieces of news, 2 of which never happened, and most of the time was taken up by two 30 something year olds swearing like horny teenagers.
As for Tigers fans I’m sure you are but you and your colleague, a view from LE2 I believe, don’t seem to contribute much on here other than self publicity
No, you’ve made a ridiculous argument, been called out on it, and now are doubling down on insults like an adolescent having a tantrum.

It’s easy for you to ignore something, instead when you have two fans who put in effort to create a different medium to discuss the club, all you do is moan. Which, by the way, appears to be your main contribution on here as well.

Absolutely fine if you don’t like us, it’s not for everyone, but maybe don’t bother commenting on a thread which may not interest you, but which may be of interest to some fans who want to hear from former or current players.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Nuff said happy podcasting
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

This is a Leicester Tigers forum and Mike and Elliot present a (mostly :smt002 :smt003 ) excellent weekly podcast, which must take hours to put together every week. As a forum user I'm more than happy to see special guest announcements, Christmas party announcements or any discussion on what's in their show. It's Tigers' related discussion after all! Be happy someone is taking the time an effort to spread the word about, and from within, our club.

Back on topic, how good was TV? Fascinating insight into the mentality of some (maybe many) in, around and supporting rugby in NZ. It's quite insular.

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE CONTENT, NOT LESS! :smt003
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:14 pm This is a Leicester Tigers forum and Mike and Elliot present a (mostly :smt002 :smt003 ) excellent weekly podcast, which must take hours to put together every week. As a forum user I'm more than happy to see special guest announcements, Christmas party announcements or any discussion on what's in their show. It's Tigers' related discussion after all! Be happy someone is taking the time an effort to spread the word about, and from within, our club.

Back on topic, how good was TV? Fascinating insight into the mentality of some (maybe many) in, around and supporting rugby in NZ. It's quite insular.

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE CONTENT, NOT LESS! :smt003
100% agree, don't always get the time to listen but it's an important asset and part of today's SM based society. :smt023
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Of all the things to criticise (pretty forcibly too) a podcast made available for free, made by Tigers fans, for Tigers fans, about Tigers and then being highlighted on a Tigers fans message board is pretty odd.

I generally like RugbyGramps posts so don’t have an axe to grind but it’s not dissimilar to Stan posting his YouTube videos which don’t seem to (rightly) upset anyone.

If any such content is not offensive then I don’t see any issue even if you don’t agree or think it of a quality.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:03 pm Of all the things to criticise (pretty forcibly too) a podcast made available for free, made by Tigers fans, for Tigers fans, about Tigers and then being highlighted on a Tigers fans message board is pretty odd.

I generally like RugbyGramps posts so don’t have an axe to grind but it’s not dissimilar to Stan posting his YouTube videos which don’t seem to (rightly) upset anyone.

If any such content is not offensive then I don’t see any issue even if you don’t agree or think it of a quality.
As I previously said I am obviously very much in the minority which is fine. Just to make it clear I was not critical of the Podcast, alright I had a little dig, more of the use of the forum to publicise the podcast. All others have no problem so I am happy to be in the wrong.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Love the rolling maul podcast. Keep up the good work guys - a fanzine for Tiger fans by Tiger fans - what’s not to like.

Particularly great to hear the interview with Telusa Veainu. The player our family used to love watching most at WR and one of my all time favourite players. And was always a bright light in those dark days. Always remember the hum of expectation grow in the crowd when he got the ball. And some magical moments - I have a vivid recent recollection of a cracking length of the field try against Wasps. My youngest always said she liked him “because he had dancing feet”.

Personally, I’d be delighted if he put a Tigers shirt on again. I’m sure our current coaching team would add some more defensive grit to his attacking magic 👍
CricketSeanie

Post by CricketSeanie »

A fantastic podcast, well put together with approachable folk who take on board constructive criticism. The big dog and his tones make the perfect switch off listening. Keep up the great work! You can’t please all the people all the time, I struggle to please my wife some of the time!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Great interview with Telusa, I would love to see him come back one day. Also Bondi and many current Tigers have been on the pod so I'm sure the club won't mind the odd post promoting the episodes.

In fact I'm surprised they haven't stolen a few of the fan voted teams for their own social media, that imports XV back line is scary
Knightonian

Post by Knightonian »

Personally I love their podcast and enjoy it every week

Elliot and Mike show passion, love and character

I think this forum should be about all things Leicester Tigers, over the last year they have joined Radio Leicester at the forefront of our game analysis

It may not be for all but it is a podcast that loves Tigers the old, the current and the future.

The fact that they are able to get our Legends past and present to talk about their experiences and love for the red white and green is amazing

I believe we should be celebrating their work as increasing the Tiger reach and growing our club

Hearing Leon Loyd and Telusa Veainu talk about how much they did and do love our club, our city, the places that we goto makes me proud to support this club and city.

Keep up the good work and yes i want to know when your interviewing our players, I know your after Jonno but if you could get Rory on that too would be amazing
mikeeboy89

Post by mikeeboy89 »

Agree this needs to be a sticky, great pod, Elliot and Mike are having the chats that the rest of us are having down the pub, it's great to get a bit more insight and to hear from the guests.

The guys put a lot of effort in to bring a little bit more Tigers into our lives each week and they do a good job!
glenn

Post by glenn »

Guys, I love the podcast, I have listened since day one. I'm still amazed you pair of amateurs get such great guests on your pod (meant in the nicest possible way). The analysis of games, squad and opposition is class.
If you don't want to listen to The pod,then dont. But for those who haven't heard Mike and elliot, it's a great listen.

I'm baffled by some posters in here taking offence at this thread, when the guys are trying to boost our knowledge of the club and game, albeit in an unofficial capacity. But thats just my opinion, and like everyone, I have one and am very entitled to it and to air it too
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

A superb podcast each and every week - thanks to you both.

It covers approx 4 commutes to and from work for me each week meaning I get lost in a bit of tigers which is fine by me.

Quality of guests has been a fantastic bonus from the start (loved Sam Harrison) but not over done.

Heed the more common praises - keep going and keep plugging to grow the audience

cheers

a fan
Less is more....