Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: The Rolling Maul Podcast - Special Guests

Post by iceman_19 »

Evening guys.

Heck of a win today. Even that first half showed a level of physical dominance which we haven't seen for a long time now, allied with some more snap and precision in the second half - and the inspired early introductions of Gorgeous George and Cam - it made for one of our best displays of the season.

As a podcast, we also had some good (albeit surprising) news - we've been shortlisted for an award!

We're nominated in the Best Team Podcast category in the Sporting Podcast Awards, which is like the Oscars for podcasts but we'll probably have to pay P&P for any award we win...

If you have enjoyed listening to us, we'd massively appreciate you taking 2 minutes out of your day to sign up and vote for us here:

https://www.sportspodcastgroup.com/spor ... m-podcast/

Thanks in advance!

Mike
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Morning all

Last night we were incredibly lucky to be joined by Tigers royalty, Neil Back, to chat about the 20 year anniversary of the Rugby World Cup win and his incredible success at Tigers.

We’d only booked him for 20 minutes but he ended up chatting for 45 minutes - hopefully you’ll find it as enjoyable as we did!

https://tinyurl.com/2p8fcu9t
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

iceman_19 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:53 am Morning all

Last night we were incredibly lucky to be joined by Tigers royalty, Neil Back, to chat about the 20 year anniversary of the Rugby World Cup win and his incredible success at Tigers.

We’d only booked him for 20 minutes but he ended up chatting for 45 minutes - hopefully you’ll find it as enjoyable as we did!

https://tinyurl.com/2p8fcu9t
Got to stick my headphones on at work and give it a listen, a great episode, did Backy proud.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
bendy

Post by bendy »

I don't know if this will be an issue for everyone or just me, but the latest episode won't load on Google podcasts.
Which is irritating!
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

bendy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:00 am I don't know if this will be an issue for everyone or just me, but the latest episode won't load on Google podcasts.
Which is irritating!
It’s really annoying. We’ve emailed Google Podcasts to find out what’s wrong - we use a platform that sends the podcast out to all the libraries (Apple,Spotify, Google) at the same time - the others are all up to date.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

bendy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:00 am I don't know if this will be an issue for everyone or just me, but the latest episode won't load on Google podcasts.
Which is irritating!
So I noticed it was available on my desktop, but not my Google podcasts app. I deleted and reinstalled the app, and it’s now there.

No idea why it didn’t update automatically!
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Just a reminder that today is the last day to sign up and vote for us as the Best Team Podcast at the Sports Podcast Awards.

A minute of your time would be hugely appreciated!

https://www.sportspodcastgroup.com/spo ... m-podcast/
MCC1964
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MCC1964 »

Excellent interviews with Joe Hayes an The Legend Freddie Burns on the last pod of the season. Just when you thought you couldn’t like a bloke any more…
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

think we need the Plonker of the year award, for the silliest statement or act connected to Leicester Tigers next season. Not just by Tigers players but say someone doing a Freddie Burns for Bath and celebrating a try before scoring it and then getting the ball knocked away or a journalist who writes a totally dumb and ill-informed piece about Tigers etc.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

This is *very* delayed, but you can find our end of season review (from back in May!!) with Joe Heyes and Freddie Burns on the below link:

http://tinyurl.com/8bj9r44k
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Hello all, just to let you know a new season of the Rolling Maul podcast is up and running with the usual combination of guests, attempted analysis and a dollop of nonsense.

We've been going for a couple of weeks, previewing the new season, but it feels we've started the season proper now as we have a chinwag with Charlie Clare about his rise at Tigers and life under DMac, and Joe Heyes joins us to review the Nottingham game from a prop's eye view.

There are chapter markers on Apple to skip to those interviews if you prefer, and they're well worth a listen.

Link below:

http://tinyurl.com/mva4uwtd
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Really good listen
Enjoyed that!
Well done to all involved
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Hi everyone

A special treat this week as we’re joined by Tigers legend, the Leicester Lip, Austin Healey.

A fantastic chance to chat to him about fighting with Cockers, his memories of his two iconic European final displays and mixed emotions when commentating on Tigers.

Hope you enjoy!

(Again, chapter markers are available on Apple if you want to skip the the rest of our nonsense)

https://tinyurl.com/yuu8yxkj
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Re: The Rolling Maul Podcast - Special Guests - Latest: Austin Healey

Post by ay2oh »

Just listened to the latest edition and really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work boys.
A2O
AViewFromLe2

Re: The Rolling Maul Podcast - Special Guests - Latest: Austin Healey

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Thank you for the kind reviews you two, really appreciate it!