The Rolling Maul Podcast - Special Guests - Latest: Andrea Pinchen

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tacticalbeard
Tiger Cub

Re: The Rolling Maul Podcast - Special Guests

Post by Tacticalbeard »

ive never been into podcasts and so forth, but had a quick listen to one of yours the other day and im defo gunna give it more of a go, seems very interesting and inciteful, keep up the good work :smt026
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I’ve got to say the Guy Thompson interview was superb….what a great bloke.
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

westwinds31 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:54 pm I’ve got to say the Guy Thompson interview was superb….what a great bloke.
+1
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

the story about Mike's generous offer has me in tears I was laughing so hard
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:08 pm the story about Mike's generous offer has me in tears I was laughing so hard
Haha yes, the tweet ! It’s quite telling that every guest that’s been on can’t speak highly enough of the club, the staff and the general feel of the organisation. Even the Batemans, Tulisa etc, who may have had difficult times have a lot of love for Tigers, which is a testament to the core of the club.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Evening all, apologies this is later than usual - our latest episode which includes an interview with Guy Thompson is now available.

Guy was a fantastic person to talk to, somebody who joined as the proverbial excrement was hitting the proverbial spinning cooling system. He provides great insight into how the club functioned during those difficult times and how the club was still a wonderful place to be, and provided him with some career highlights - such as THAT performance at Newcastle. And, in discussing that particular game, it transpires I may have shown him a bit too much gratitude at the time, in an awkward revelation.

I hope you enjoy as always, Guy appears about 52 minutes in if you don't want to hear us waffle on.

https://tinyurl.com/exaeecpd
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

I have not had a link to a pod last week covering the Quins game. I hope all is OK with you both.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Offside wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:44 am I have not had a link to a pod last week covering the Quins game. I hope all is OK with you both.
They both booked holidays so there was no show
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Missed that. I hope they both had a good time.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Hi all

Due to amateurish admin, it transpired both Elliott and myself were on holiday at the same time and so there was no podcast last week.

Elliott is still off and so rugby coach Jess Bunyard stepped into the breach to help dissect the Quins victory, plus we're joined by Vicky Macqueen to chat about Tigers Women's incredible start to their inaugural season.

Plus, we make you pick between Healey, Ellis and Youngs for best "homegrown" (i.e. British) 9 for our Homegrown Heroes XV.

I hope you enjoy: https://tinyurl.com/3k9939uf
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Morning all,

With no men's game to review, we've managed to put together a podcast with no less than three guests:

Bobby Bridge, Leicestershire Live scribe, joins us to chat about the situation at Wasps and new signing, Charlie Atkinson.

Hanro Liebenberg drops in to talk about the challenges of captaining the side during a period with no games, his love for the county and why his time at Tigers means international recognition is no longer top of his agenda.[/list]

Georgia Westwood talks about her journey into the engine room of the Tigers' women's side and looks forward to a historic double header this weekend.

As per requests, we now have chapter markers (which can be found on Apple podcasts, not sure about others) so you can skip to the relevant part of the pod if you don't want to hear us waffle on.

Enjoy!

https://tinyurl.com/y6a4b8js
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

In this week's pod we're joined by Ollie Cracknell, a man who I am convinced was not born but grown in a laboratory designing archetypal Leicester forwards - he loves graft, hard work, and violence.

We're also joined by the Bath Rugby podcast to preview this Friday's game.

Check out the episode here: https://tinyurl.com/5caty7ck
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Always an enjoyable listen and I never miss an episode. Provides a refreshing, balanced perspective on the performance which usually makes me feel better about things if we've lost! Great quality of guests as well, so keep it up lads. :smt026
I'm still yet to submit a three word review though, must remedy that.....

As an aside, if anyone listens on Podcast Addict (and I'm sure this isn't the only app that has this feature so look out for it) like I do and is thinking it's a bit of a long episode etc, I tend to listen to podcasts at 1.4x speed so it reduces the runtime by a decent amount without making the voices sound like chipmunks :smt003 This is by no means a reflection on The Rolling Maul itself, I do this with every podcast I listen to. It's just a lot more efficient when you listen to as many as I do! :smt001
Blimey...
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Calum Green..,top guest and line out ghuru!
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Evening all

Apologies for missing a couple of updates, but we spoke to the lineout boss himself Calum Green a few weeks back - he is a great bloke, dry sense of humour and good for a proper nause on the technical side of lineout play.

You can listen here: https://tinyurl.com/5n88xtfx

And today we spoke to Jimmy Whitcombe, who was on best behaviour but is clearly one of the central characters in the squad, with a lot to say about Ollie Chessum's nose...

That episode is available here: https://tinyurl.com/5bz7tm9f

It's a long one but chapter markers on the episode (on Apple Podcasts anyway) allow you to skip ahead if you're short on time.