Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: The Rolling Maul Podcast - Special Guests

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

iceman_19 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:23 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:17 pm
iceman_19 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:40 pm As an aside, thanks to everyone for the kind words - it’s really appreciated.

We’ll keep trying to strong arm some good names onto the pod and update the thread to let you know when it happens!

Is Nadolo on the cards Mike ?
We’re working on it!
Would be awesome to have him on before he leaves. He is IMO a club icon (despite only being here a few seasons) as his arrival coincided with our upturn and he has driven and demonstrated that turnaround.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:11 pm
iceman_19 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:23 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:17 pm

Is Nadolo on the cards Mike ?
We’re working on it!
Would be awesome to have him on before he leaves. He is IMO a club icon (despite only being here a few seasons) as his arrival coincided with our upturn and he has driven and demonstrated that turnaround.
For me he has a similar legacy at the club to Lote Tquiri , who might be his cousin ??
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Nadolo is Tuqiri's cousin. He is also Tevita Kuridrani's cousin and Chris Kuridrani's older brother - Chris adopted the Kuridrani family name in 2011. Lote famously has a cousin of the same name that played Japan Sevens too. Whilst Inosi Nadolo Kuridrani, Nemani's younger brother, was with Montpellier espoirs at one point but not sure where he's playing now.

An almost Tuilagi-esque concentration of rugby talent in one family.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ABClub wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:42 am Nadolo is Tuqiri's cousin. He is also Tevita Kuridrani's cousin and Chris Kuridrani's older brother - Chris adopted the Kuridrani family name in 2011. Lote famously has a cousin of the same name that played Japan Sevens too. Whilst Inosi Nadolo Kuridrani, Nemani's younger brother, was with Montpellier espoirs at one point but not sure where he's playing now.

Didn't one of his family members join Saints academy last year or am I dreaming that?
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Glad we have moved on from talking about TV returning, he is in the past.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

So was George Ford when he came back from Bath. And Andy Goode when he came back from Sarries. And Charlie Clare (not sure of his travels), plus others i am sure. The fact that someone played for us in the past is only a minor consideration. How they play now and would they fit in with how we play now are far more important as is whether we have an appropriate gap in the squad for them.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:21 am
ABClub wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:42 am Nadolo is Tuqiri's cousin. He is also Tevita Kuridrani's cousin and Chris Kuridrani's older brother - Chris adopted the Kuridrani family name in 2011. Lote famously has a cousin of the same name that played Japan Sevens too. Whilst Inosi Nadolo Kuridrani, Nemani's younger brother, was with Montpellier espoirs at one point but not sure where he's playing now.

Didn't one of his family members join Saints academy last year or am I dreaming that?
Duane Willemsen, not sure how he was related but it was reported he was. Sadly retured with "a medical issue" very recently, like the week of the derby roughly.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
glenn

Post by glenn »

[quote="Cagey Tiger" post_id=832212 time=1664696052 user_id=2171]
So was George Ford when he came back from Bath. And Andy Goode when he came back from Sarries. And Charlie Clare (not sure of his travels), plus others i am sure. The fact that someone played for us in the past is only a minor consideration. How they play now and would they fit in with how we play now are far more important as is whether we have an appropriate gap in the squad for them.
[/quote]

A CERTAIN FREDDIE BURNS TOO!
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

glenn wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:13 am
Cagey Tiger wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:34 am So was George Ford when he came back from Bath. And Andy Goode when he came back from Sarries. And Charlie Clare (not sure of his travels), plus others i am sure. The fact that someone played for us in the past is only a minor consideration. How they play now and would they fit in with how we play now are far more important as is whether we have an appropriate gap in the squad for them.

A CERTAIN FREDDIE BURNS TOO!
Doh 🙄
How could i have forgotten Freddie :smt102
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Decided to check this out today - so listening to the 27th Sept episode.

2 hours long - blimey! 43 minutes in and they are still talking about the Saints game.

Way too long IMO. Apparently there is a fantastic interview with Veainu but I am losing the will to live.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ourla wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:22 pm Decided to check this out today - so listening to the 27th Sept episode.

2 hours long - blimey! 43 minutes in and they are still talking about the Saints game.

Way too long IMO. Apparently there is a fantastic interview with Veainu but I am losing the will to live.
It’s not normally that long
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

ourla wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:22 pm Decided to check this out today - so listening to the 27th Sept episode.

Sorry you feel that way Ourla, but we can’t please everyone! We did shorten it, and then some others said they liked the longer versions because it covers things in more detail.

We decided to stick with the longer versions because of this amazing feature called “fast forward” - you can just skip to the interview that way!
:smt002
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

iceman_19 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:33 am

Sorry you feel that way Ourla, but we can’t please everyone! We did shorten it, and then some others said they liked the longer versions because it covers things in more detail.

We decided to stick with the longer versions because of this amazing feature called “fast forward” - you can just skip to the interview that way!
Well, I get you can't please everyone and if the majority of listeners like the longer format then obviously that is the way to go. Just stating my personal view. All other podcasts I listen to are 30 to 60 minutes.

To fast forward I'd need a breakdown so like 0-60 - Saints review, 60-80 interview 80-120 - Sarries preview so I could just skip to the interview and know how long it is.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way. I think it's great that there is a pod dedicated to Leicester Tigers. Just trying to give constructive feedback.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

ourla wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:19 pm

Well, I get you can't please everyone and if the majority of listeners like the longer format then obviously that is the way to go. Just stating my personal view. All other podcasts I listen to are 30 to 60 minutes.

To fast forward I'd need a breakdown so like 0-60 - Saints review, 60-80 interview 80-120 - Sarries preview so I could just skip to the interview and know how long it is.

Please don't take my comments the wrong way. I think it's great that there is a pod dedicated to Leicester Tigers. Just trying to give constructive feedback.
Absolutely no offence taken - although I hope we haven’t completely decimated your will to live! Likewise my response was tongue in cheek - usually they are 90 minutes long, unless we get a guest on.

The idea regarding a split to allow people to skip forward to the bits they like is a great one and actually our podcast provider has just added a virtual bookmark feature so you can just skip to the relevant part. So we’ll look to start implementing that going forward. :smt023
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

iceman_19 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:18 pm
ourla wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:19 pm

Absolutely no offence taken - although I hope we haven’t completely decimated your will to live! Likewise my response was tongue in cheek - usually they are 90 minutes long, unless we get a guest on.

The idea regarding a split to allow people to skip forward to the bits they like is a great one and actually our podcast provider has just added a virtual bookmark feature so you can just skip to the relevant part. So we’ll look to start implementing that going forward. :smt023
Virtual bookmark would be good. I know when there's things like a little transfer snippet I want to listen to quickly in a 5min coffee break at work first then I'd love to just click on a bookmark and go there.