Post by ay2oh »

Agree that the podcast is fantastic
A2O
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Rolling Maul Podcast - Special Guests

Post by sk 88 »

I think the question of why our fitness at the end of games used to be terrible has been answered. I might be wrong but I'd be surprised if Aled is allowing anyone to get away with Greggs for breakfast, Grimsby fisheries every week & a rather suspicious knowledge of every KFC in Leicester, including knocked down ones like the St George's Retail Park one Veaniu was missing!!

I liked that Veainu apologised, if everyone did what he did there wouldn't have been a club left, so I thought that meant a lot that he recognised that to an extent.

I'd like to see if he could hack the new environment and thrive in it. He certainly seemed settled in Leicester, and with Watson looking like a one season wonder(blunder?) and Nadolo going I wouldn't be against it.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:55 pm I think the question of why our fitness at the end of games used to be terrible has been answered. I might be wrong but I'd be surprised if Aled is allowing anyone to get away with Greggs for breakfast, Grimsby fisheries every week & a rather suspicious knowledge of every KFC in Leicester, including knocked down ones like the St George's Retail Park one Veaniu was missing!!

I liked that Veainu apologised, if everyone did what he did there wouldn't have been a club left, so I thought that meant a lot that he recognised that to an extent.

I'd like to see if he could hack the new environment and thrive in it. He certainly seemed settled in Leicester, and with Watson looking like a one season wonder(blunder?) and Nadolo going I wouldn't be against it.
Rugby players go on heavy drinking sessions, if S&C was that bothered about it they would stop those, so long as the player performs I doubt they say much
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Sticking with the Vieanu topic, from what I have seen of snippets of him with Stade his form has been patchy.
It may be he could be another Chris Ashton who is just looking for the right environment
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

There was a rumour that we had only signed Watson on a one year deal because we had agreed a deal for Radwan for next season .
A2O
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Watson on a 1 year deal was also about his desire to play abroad post RWC
Less is more....
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Bunchy wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:48 pm Watson on a 1 year deal was also about his desire to play abroad post RWC
Be nice to see him play for us first 😂
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Watson will be a difference maker at the business end of the season
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Back to the pod, it’s a triumph. Great guests, interesting discussions and a fair summary of the matches. Also some good snippets in terms of rumours. I think my favourite guest was Sam Harrison…superb !
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

Only came to the podcast late and love what you do. Can you post the full cult xv team as I really don’t have time to go through the old episodes
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

MrG2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:33 pm Only came to the podcast late and love what you do. Can you post the full cult xv team as I really don’t have time to go through the old episodes

Hi Mr G

The Cult Corner XV was:
1. Stankovic; 2. Davies; 3. Morris; 4. Cullen; 5. Hamilton; 6. Mafi; 7. Salvi; 8. Waldrom; 9. Harrison; 10. Van der Westhuizen; 11. J Murphy; 12. Twelvetrees; 13. M Smith; 14. Tuqiri; 15. Tait

Subs: Thacker, Freshwater, Mulipola, Thorn, H Tuilagi, Dupuy, Vesty, Lougheed

I think in hindsight we’d have removed a few options as being too big time for too long - like Salvi, Tait and Waldrom.

General concept was you had to be either a long-serving workhorse who was underrated outside of the club, a medium-term servant with a bit of unappreciated pizazz or a superstar who popped in and ripped things up for no more than a season.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

As an aside, thanks to everyone for the kind words - it’s really appreciated.

We’ll keep trying to strong arm some good names onto the pod and update the thread to let you know when it happens!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

iceman_19 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:40 pm As an aside, thanks to everyone for the kind words - it’s really appreciated.

We’ll keep trying to strong arm some good names onto the pod and update the thread to let you know when it happens!
Is Nadolo on the cards Mike ?
MrG2

Post by MrG2 »

iceman_19 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:37 pm
MrG2 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:33 pm Only came to the podcast late and love what you do. Can you post the full cult xv team as I really don’t have time to go through the old episodes

Hi Mr G

The Cult Corner XV was:
1. Stankovic; 2. Davies; 3. Morris; 4. Cullen; 5. Hamilton; 6. Mafi; 7. Salvi; 8. Waldrom; 9. Harrison; 10. Van der Westhuizen; 11. J Murphy; 12. Twelvetrees; 13. M Smith; 14. Tuqiri; 15. Tait

Subs: Thacker, Freshwater, Mulipola, Thorn, H Tuilagi, Dupuy, Vesty, Lougheed

I think in hindsight we’d have removed a few options as being too big time for too long - like Salvi, Tait and Waldrom.

General concept was you had to be either a long-serving workhorse who was underrated outside of the club, a medium-term servant with a bit of unappreciated pizazz or a superstar who popped in and ripped things up for no more than a season.
Thanks Iceman. I should imagine Matt Smith was exactly the type of player you were thinking of
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

westwinds31 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:17 pm
iceman_19 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:40 pm As an aside, thanks to everyone for the kind words - it’s really appreciated.

Is Nadolo on the cards Mike ?
We’re working on it!
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com