Parking at Exeter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

merryperson
Tiger Cub

Parking at Exeter

Post by merryperson »

Hi all, we are going down to the Exeter game and have booked to stay in the city centre....what’s the best option for parking at Sandy park ? Or other options? Thanks 😀
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Parking at Exeter

Post by RunTigerRun »

We used a ‘park on my drive’ option last year on the other side of the footbridge from Sandy park. From what I remember it’s mostly park and ride style options with most people arriving on busses.

Park on my drive worked very well for us last year - prices can vary a lot though from my experience at different locations.

Hope that helps!
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

If you are staying in the centre of Exeter then forget driving to the ground either the short train ride or better still last season there were Exeter Chiefs double decker buses from the GWR station to Sandy Park car park with two or three pick ups in the city - bus station being one. So look on the Exeter website. It was free for me as I had a train ticket. Less hassle than parking at Sandy Park and you can drink plenty of Otter ale too. :smt030
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

wormus wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:06 am If you are staying in the centre of Exeter then forget driving to the ground either the short train ride or better still last season there were Exeter Chiefs double decker buses from the GWR station to Sandy Park car park with two or three pick ups in the city - bus station being one. So look on the Exeter website. It was free for me as I had a train ticket. Less hassle than parking at Sandy Park and you can drink plenty of Otter ale too. :smt030
Excellent advice. It's alright for me though, brother and sister live on Bishops Way (t'other end of the suspension bridge), free driveway 😁
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:59 pm
wormus wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:06 am If you are staying in the centre of Exeter then forget driving to the ground either the short train ride or better still last season there were Exeter Chiefs double decker buses from the GWR station to Sandy Park car park with two or three pick ups in the city - bus station being one. So look on the Exeter website. It was free for me as I had a train ticket. Less hassle than parking at Sandy Park and you can drink plenty of Otter ale too. :smt030
Excellent advice. It's alright for me though, brother and sister live on Bishops Way (t'other end of the suspension bridge), free driveway 😁
There you are Merryperson a Bishop's Way driveway it is! :smt003 Thanks jgriff for the agreement, I am so looking forward to going down there again and enjoying the great fans, great pasties and Otter too then train back to Tiverton.
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

As long as you buy something from IKEA, could you park there? Probably better to buy a hot dog than a sofa though.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Not a jock wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:16 am As long as you buy something from IKEA, could you park there? Probably better to buy a hot dog than a sofa though.
Just thinking about a driving a car from Exeter to Leicester with a sofa strapped to the roof now...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:40 pm
Not a jock wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:16 am As long as you buy something from IKEA, could you park there? Probably better to buy a hot dog than a sofa though.
Just thinking about a driving a car from Exeter to Leicester with a sofa strapped to the roof now...
Might be legal though - unlike that guy on the M6 durig a lockdown who'd collected windows from Salford and was returning to Coventry with his wife in the boot. Perhaps the windows had a special Dayglo coating that made them so valuable.

I suppose the half-backs would be expecting an armchair ride behind that pack?
merryperson
Tiger Cub

Post by merryperson »

Ive booked a Tesco car parking spot on the website “Your Parking space” for £3 so hope its Ok
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

merryperson wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:42 pm Ive booked a Tesco car parking spot on the website “Your Parking space” for £3 so hope its Ok
Every little helps 👍
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Well thanks Wormus for the great information we had rail tickets through to Digby & Sowerton station but when our train arrived in Exeter the two car railcard to Exmouth was just leaving, so outside the St.Davids station where there were two double decker ( one with leather seats!). Just show the rail tickets and get free transport directly to the Sandy Park entrance gates. No hassle! Lots of fellow Tigers on the top singing our new Tigers anthem too. There were lots of pick up points Irish Bar, Bus Station and in Heavitree too. Excellent service and no queues, great journey on the return as we avoided the long walk and wait at the Digby station. I thank Wormus and recommend this route to Sandy Park. Remember book the train to Digby & Sowerton Station next time. I hope this helps in getting more Tigers to the ground.
Angus.
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Last season I booked on someone's drive as above, but found lots of parking on Omaha way (which was a lot closer) and walked to the ground which is pretty close. Bit of a pig to leave with the traffic after but that's pretty standard anywhere near a stadium!
I only live there to wind up the population!