Parking for August 26th vs Falcons

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Grannyman

Parking for August 26th vs Falcons

Post by Grannyman »

The website is showing 160 spaces at the British Gas car park, however, when I try to buy a ticket it says no vacancies available. Will Morrisons be a possibility if it’s only a preseason game after 6pm?
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Parking for August 26th vs Falcons

Post by wormus »

Grannyman wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:19 pm The website is showing 160 spaces at the British Gas car park, however, when I try to buy a ticket it says no vacancies available. Will Morrisons be a possibility if it’s only a preseason game after 6pm?
Hi Grannyman, do not use Morrisons as they can time & ticket you. However if you use the Local Hero carpark and then buy pints there, ask for a receipt just in case of a ticket and login your reg. number into the carpark system you get I believe 3 hours free parking but it can be hard getting out if it is full and others block the exits like they did at the semi final.
But should be easy on Friday.
bendy

Post by bendy »

It's also worth ringing up the ticket office and ask about the British Gas spaces. I've found the website pretty hit and miss when it comes to booking a space in there (exactly as you say, spaces look available, but 'computer says no'), whereas they seem to have a much better grasp of it when you to talk to them over the phone.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

wormus wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:26 pm
Grannyman wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:19 pm The website is showing 160 spaces at the British Gas car park, however, when I try to buy a ticket it says no vacancies available. Will Morrisons be a possibility if it’s only a preseason game after 6pm?
Hi Grannyman, do not use Morrisons as they can time & ticket you. However if you use the Local Hero carpark and then buy pints there, ask for a receipt just in case of a ticket and login your reg. number into the carpark system you get I believe 3 hours free parking but it can be hard getting out if it is full and others block the exits like they did at the semi final.
But should be easy on Friday.
Alternatively, download the YourParkingSpace app and go to Morrisons. It costs around £3.50 (for 4 hrs) to £4.50 (over 4 hours) depending on how early you arrive. No problems with space, just the normal local traffic jam to get out.
Grannyman

Post by Grannyman »

Thanks guys!