Worcester’s woes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Scott1
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester’s woes

Post by Scott1 »

"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

With some of the recent accounting reports, suddenly our figures do not look that bad. Still, worrying overall and I remain of the opinion, as I mentioned on another thread, that the Premiership may be on its last legs as a viable league. There are already rumours that TNT want to cut the amount they pay for less teams being in the league.

That is a big difference in that the TV network in France, from what I have read, are keen to be the shoulders on which the game grows whilst TNT, whilst great supporters of the game, want to get the rights as cheaply as possible (arguably because every penny saved and every high priced subscription from a rugby fan helps to fund football).
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:30 pm Chiefs in trouble?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/67946673
Mate, didn't I tell you this was coming early last year?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:13 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:30 pm Chiefs in trouble?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/67946673
Mate, didn't I tell you this was coming early last year?
Yes you did! :smt023
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

£5m losses for Bristol too!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Bristol losses were for last year when they were paying two marquee players.and probably repaying Covid loans. I don't think they are about to go bust in their stadium shared with Bristol City under common ownership by a billionaire.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

johnthegriff wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:49 am Bristol losses were for last year when they were paying two marquee players.and probably repaying Covid loans. I don't think they are about to go bust in their stadium shared with Bristol City under common ownership by a billionaire.
Thanks!