Worcester’s woes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester’s woes

Post by ads »

Wasps were in debt about 100m Worcs can't remember but must have been about 50 or 60, so that only leaves 150m between 10 clubs so its doesn't sound too bad to me....
eastyorkstiger
Tiger Cub

Post by eastyorkstiger »

be less now as wasps debt has vanished!!! not sure the investors will find that much of a xmas present tho :smt011
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

If this information is indeed true then it is very welcome news, I just hope that they can also return to Sixways where they belong
with the full backing of the RFU & RPA also they get a squad together to start in the Championship for 2023-24.

I for one feel that they have been very badly handled by certain rugby organisations who should have at the very least given them more help not less than was given & still is being given to the Cuckoos

Thanks Tigerbeat: I agree with your submission
Last edited by Qbec on Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

could see Shillcock returning to them if no contract is signed from anyone else in the prem before the end of season.
wigworth
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wigworth »

Seems Jim O'Toole's group finally got it over the line.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64487553
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Hope this all works out.
I’ve always liked Warriors as a club - a proper rugby club, rooted in their community.

Good luck, guys.
PJM
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PJM »

Lets hope things work out well for them, its taken a long time and now they can hopefully start rebuilding a competitive squad, at whatever level they are allowed to play. Good luck.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

wigworth wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:37 pm Seems Jim O'Toole's group finally got it over the line.

Lets hope things work out well for them, its taken a long time and now they can hopefully start rebuilding a competitive squad, at whatever level they are allowed to play. Good luck.
Let's put this in context onto this. This is no further down the line, rugby wise. The administrators have a duty to sell the club to assist the club's creditors as best they can. That is all this is. Rugby has nothing to do with this deal - that is not the job of the administrator.

I have a horrible feeling that the community intentions alleged by the consortium may be more focussed on extracting value from the clubs assets and land. Otherwise why have they allegedly not been open with the RFU and fulfilled the criteria for rejoining the Championship, rather than apparently being very cloak and dagger about their funding sources.

I hate to say it, but this could be the final nail in the coffin of pro-rugby at Worcester.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:31 am
wigworth wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:37 pm Seems Jim O'Toole's group finally got it over the line.

Let's put this in context onto this. This is no further down the line, rugby wise. The administrators have a duty to sell the club to assist the club's creditors as best they can. That is all this is. Rugby has nothing to do with this deal - that is not the job of the administrator.

I have a horrible feeling that the community intentions alleged by the consortium may be more focussed on extracting value from the clubs assets and land. Otherwise why have they allegedly not been open with the RFU and fulfilled the criteria for rejoining the Championship, rather than apparently being very cloak and dagger about their funding sources.

I hate to say it, but this could be the final nail in the coffin of pro-rugby at Worcester.
Sadly I have to agree. This has all the indications of being a land grab and in 2 weeks time I see the RFU conditions having not been met, lots of protestations about them being unreasonable, a demotion to the bottom of the pile, confirmation that it is then not financially viable to run the club and finally the selling off of the ground and assets for development. Would be incredibly sad but that is how i see it panning out.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Worcester Ladies have been offered a place in the Super 15s for next season
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64486901
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Yep unless they can get approval from the RFU they can't play pro rugby. There does seem a thawing of relations between Atlas and the RFU but two weeks to get over the line a full agreement.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:57 am Worcester Ladies have been offered a place in the Super 15s for next season
They are now completely separate from the former club I think? Owned by the University essentially?
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:16 am
Tigerbeat wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:57 am Worcester Ladies have been offered a place in the Super 15s for next season
They are now completely separate from the former club I think? Owned by the University essentially?
True but what agreement they have to use sixways may well add some level of security to the ground.