Worcester’s woes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester’s woes

Post by ads »

Reckon it's worse for the Worcester employees though.
BengalTiger

Post by BengalTiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:18 am I wonder if this is common practice for the players to be paid by an entity other than the club itself?
Premier Rugby and the RFU have dropped the ball, on this and the Wasps situation, splitting the operation into separate entities, one owning the team, one the ground another the training facilities etc is just making a mockery of Rugby and is of no benefit other than to shield the owners from both scrutiny and repercussions and has no benefit for the actual team on the field or rugby in general.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Matches now been announced as cancelled and not postponed with a panel to award points. That does not look good as any incoming owner would want as much match day revenue for the season as possible.

Sad to say but the League needs to make a decision for the season soon and not just keep kicking the can down then road.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

GB72 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:23 pm Matches now been announced as cancelled and not postponed with a panel to award points. That does not look good as any incoming owner would want as much match day revenue for the season as possible.

Sad to say but the League needs to make a decision for the season soon and not just keep kicking the can down then road.
Only 2 games cancelled so far... and they were never going to be able to reschedule them. New owners will be more concerned with getting the players, stadium and carpark in the deal
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Worcester Warriors: Bath to sign Ted Hill, Ollie Lawrence, Fergus Lee-Warner and Valery Morozov on loan

Beeb sport
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

GB72 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:23 pm Matches now been announced as cancelled and not postponed with a panel to award points. That does not look good as any incoming owner would want as much match day revenue for the season as possible.

Oh for those care free days of amateur rugby. "Deanoooo" :smt026
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:21 pm

Barry Evans flying down the wing for Dusty to kick another goal..proper marks in the 22, quick turn round at half time....the genuine excitement of the Baa Baas game.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:26 pm
Dangerous4 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:21 pm

Barry Evans flying down the wing for Dusty to kick another goal..proper marks in the 22, quick turn round at half time....the genuine excitement of the Baa Baas game.
Don't just................Don't!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

The irony of it all is that one of the many reasons for the game turning pro was to open everything up, give more transparency and to stop the boot/brown envelope money. To putting the running of the clubs into the hands of proper business men, rather than enthusiastic amateurs.

Gone well for some hasn’t it
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Hmmmmmm business men.... know about business......ahhh The benefits of business. 🤣🤣🤣
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Still time for some of the "delights" of Football to buy into Rugby Union.....
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:20 pm Still time for some of the "delights" of Football to buy into Rugby Union.....
Stop it man! You're putting me off my Remy! 🤣🤣
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:49 pm The failure of Worcester to fulfil their fixture has cost Gloucester £400, 000, say Glos. Our fixture at home was due to be played on Bonfire night when no doubt the club would have expected a big turn out to see rugby plus fireworks. So, the club loses money, all the traders lose money, all the casual staff lose money... It's a disgrace.
Wasn't it £400,000 pounds that Owen Williams left Tigers for ( Well before he reached his potential ) Gloucester and now after few Internationals has now suffered under the Worcester's Woes. Such a shame I always rated him others close to me belittled my regard but if we are short of cover at 10 then a short "medical joker " spell at Tigers would he a benefit to all. :smt023
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.