Worcester’s woes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester’s woes

Post by jgriffin »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:51 pm Free Pass Wasps,could be seen a mile off what was going to happen!
Yep, the proper club with a proper ground gets the boot, the made up 'London' club with the right media connections but no ground gets a free pass. despicable.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

jgriffin wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:11 pm
Scott1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:51 pm Free Pass Wasps,could be seen a mile off what was going to happen!
Yep, the proper club with a proper ground gets the boot, the made up 'London' club with the right media connections but no ground gets a free pass. despicable.
+++1 :smt013
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

In my opinion, with Atlas as the owners and the position regarding Wasps, I think that they both should get the boot. A decent owner that can keep the club alive and playing at Sixways would warrant Worcester getting a slot in the Championship. I just cannot see any grounds for keeping Wasps in the league. They have no real connection to the history of the club outside the name, have no ground, no real local fan support (wherever local is) and they are only in a better position now because of creative ownership structures.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

GB72 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:54 pm
In my opinion, with Atlas as the owners and the position regarding Wasps, I think that they both should get the boot. A decent owner that can keep the club alive and playing at Sixways would warrant Worcester getting a slot in the Championship. I just cannot see any grounds for keeping Wasps in the league. They have no real connection to the history of the club outside the name, have no ground, no real local fan support (wherever local is) and they are only in a better position now because of creative ownership structures.
Be careful, Tigers aren't exactly out of the woods yet!
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

LE18 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:34 pm
GB72 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:54 pm
Be careful, Tigers aren't exactly out of the woods yet!
Agreed but does not change my opinion, if Tigers went under and ended up with apparrently spurious owners and were in a position the same as Worcester, or if survival under new owners meant moving the club outside Leicester then I cannot be sure that I would be behind them being in the Championship either.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

It seems like someone's playing a four string instrument whilst the place is on fire, someone somewhere must wake up soon from this nightmare.
The entire league was trashed by two clubs mis management and it seems the RFU and PRL are happy for it to continue with no recriminations at all.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm assuming there are (literally) no stadium requirements for the Championship then?! :smt044
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

thebearisstilldeano wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:42 pm
+++1 :smt013
Agreed
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Atlas have a meeting on Sat 18th with fans to lay out their plans for Worcester.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64675267
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Free radio are at the meeting and will report on it.

https://planetradio.co.uk/free/local/ne ... -the-club/
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

So, it seems Wasps will most likely play at Sixways, shame it's not further west over the border. Put the bins out.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

According to Wasps, no agreement has been signed or reached with Atlas/ Sixways.

https://twitter.com/WaspsRugby/status/1 ... 3320896512
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Wasps?

More like Cuckoos :smt013
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Had a scan through the @RugbyWorcs profile on Twitter regarding the fans forum that Atlas held with them yesterday.

Still a lot of suspicion regarding it all from the fans but there definitely is a quiet sense of a step forward, mainly from those there, less from those not there.

Some key points raised yesterday:

New board announced, clearly contains fans of the rugby club.

Name Worcester Warriors will remain

They are still planning on paying MOST of the rugby creditors.

They claim that one of their issues was the RFU saying pay rugby creditors in 28 days, they wanted 2 years allowed so they can verify claims. For example they claimed the previous cowboys were one of the rugby creditors owed 2million, doubt there's many fans happy for them to get a penny.

They are still planning to take Stourbridge on as their first team. Stourbridge 1s actually was mostly Wasps & Worcester loan players so they have essentially already lost most of their players.

IF Stourbridge vote it down they plan starting at the bottom of the pyramid.

Some ex players have approached Atlas about playing next season.

Wasps have an Agreement in principle (not all signed & sealed) to play at Sixways, this is for 3 years. They will be open to loan players to aid Warriors progression into the Championship. They will move out by any time Warriors enter the same division.

Main stadium branding will be Worcester Warriors with a "nod to Wasps" as tennants

Invite didn't go to ALL season ticket holders due to still not having all the details.

There will be some sort of membership ownership share (not invetment share) system

Part of the Administration agreement has certain requirements on the lamd meaning rugby must be retained

https://twitter.com/RugbyWorcs/status/1 ... Y4hWA&s=19

https://twitter.com/Mcossalifrancis/sta ... 1bOjQ&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.