Worcester’s woes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester’s woes

Post by GB72 »

Sandford had a total armchair of an interview on 5 Live this morning. 'Nobody has specifically said that we are not paying rugby creditors' 'we are happy to engage with fans about the change of branding' 'this is all the fault of the RFU and the previous owners' etc. Total PR piece.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

He's a modern media personality and reality TV star. To all intents and purposes a performer.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

It's a scam. Begbies have probably got commission lined up.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:40 am It's a scam. Begbies have probably got commission lined up.
There was a figure for the fee they are making in the press yesterday. Circa £2-3m.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Did we ever get any comment on what happens to the P Shares. Guessing as Worcester no longer exist, they cannot hold their shares and so the revert back to the Premiership.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:03 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:10 pm
30 Shares Total Compliance Solutions (The American investment)
(We think)

Part of the problem is that we never really knew if TCS was that TCS!
We did know that. The people listed as having significant control were Total Compliance Solutions with the same address in Minnesota as the head office of the one trading in Minnesota.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sk 88 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:04 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:03 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:10 pm
30 Shares Total Compliance Solutions (The American investment)
(We think)

Part of the problem is that we never really knew if TCS was that TCS!
We did know that. The people listed as having significant control were Total Compliance Solutions with the same address in Minnesota as the head office of the one trading in Minnesota.
Ahh, my mistake. I only ever noted the TCS (Europe).
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/jameswhile/status/1 ... G1Ehw&s=19

Seem Stourbridge plan is dead in the water too, guessing that's it cowboys have done everything, let's sell up split the profits and get out of dodge....

Hope the DCMS are able to block the sale and force it to go to one of the others. The Steve Diamond one seems most promising in terms of rugby output, but we don't know about the others. Only thing I know is Atlas are another pair of cowboys like the last lot
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:06 pm
jgriffin wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:40 am It's a scam. Begbies have probably got commission lined up.
There was a figure for the fee they are making in the press yesterday. Circa £2-3m.
I don’t know much about companies going into administration but as soon as I heard it was Begbies being appointed for Worcester, I felt that a bad outcome was inevitable. I don’t believe them to be corrupt if that is what is being implied, but, on both occasions when previously (going back 20 years or so) I had invested hope in them delivering any form of justice or recompense, it’s fair to say they disappointed.

I am sorry to see history repeating itself.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

a really good summary of the whole situation with both Worcs and Waspsby the beeb. Not sure what happens next but hope that a decision to keep Wasps out of 6ways is made very soon,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/64623376
Hehehehehehehehe
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

trendylfj wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:37 am a really good summary of the whole situation with both Worcs and Waspsby the beeb. Not sure what happens next but hope that a decision to keep Wasps out of 6ways is made very soon,

"The 2022-23 season, which began with two Midlands-based clubs in the Premiership - Worcester Warriors and Wasps - will end with none, after both suffered financial collapse, went into administration and were relegated."

Where are we then?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

loretta wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:51 pm
trendylfj wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:37 am a really good summary of the whole situation with both Worcs and Waspsby the beeb. Not sure what happens next but hope that a decision to keep Wasps out of 6ways is made very soon,

"The 2022-23 season, which began with two Midlands-based clubs in the Premiership - Worcester Warriors and Wasps - will end with none, after both suffered financial collapse, went into administration and were relegated."

Where are we then?
It's the BBC!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Conveniently overlooking ourselves and Saints historically the two Midlands sides in the Premiership.
Worcester are more West Country and Wasps were simply squatters in Coventry.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Fair point that I have seen mentioned on Twitter, if the buyers are so interested in developing Stourbridge and giving them a new name, why do they not simply invest in them, let the Diamond consortium take over Worcester and then share Sixways if that is where they want to play, everybody is happy then.

My opinion. they messed up. They let too much out of the bag too soon (parlty due to the RFU deadlines that needed a response) and so the opposition to their plans had the chance to build before it was a done deal. Now there is all sorts of backtracking to keep enough of a smokescreen in place to let them get the land they want.