Worcester’s woes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Worcester’s woes

Post by Hot_Charlie »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:12 pm Sounds pretty much like 'Worcester' buying Stourbridge's place in the league, dressed up as some kind of 'Black Country joint venture'.
Yep. And if Wasps prove a success at Sixways, then what's to stop any serious investment ending up being in their team. Why waste money on the Stourbridge/Sixways tie-up as a serious venture.

Soooooo fishy.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:28 pm
CrumblingTerrace wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:12 pm Sounds pretty much like 'Worcester' buying Stourbridge's place in the league, dressed up as some kind of 'Black Country joint venture'.
Yep. And if Wasps prove a success at Sixways, then what's to stop any serious investment ending up being in their team. Why waste money on the Stourbridge/Sixways tie-up as a serious venture.

Soooooo fishy.
I can only see the Stourbridge thing as Atlas paying lip service to being involved in a rugby team whilst making the minimum investment. Not sure how much, but it cannot be that expensive to bankroll a team at that level. Once the noise has died down, they will get on with making money on developing the Sixways sight and drop Stourbridge like a hot potato.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Heaven forbid we ever find ourselves having to make decisions like this.

I guess this is an attempt to wipe the slate in almost every regard to minimise the money owed from the old regime and retain financial/operational control.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Darc Tiger wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:43 pm Heaven forbid we ever find ourselves having to make decisions like this.

I guess this is an attempt to wipe the slate in almost every regard to minimise the money owed from the old regime and retain financial/operational control.
I just think it's a blatant effort to acquire the land and assets.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:49 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:43 pm Heaven forbid we ever find ourselves having to make decisions like this.

I just think it's a blatant effort to acquire the land and assets.
Exactly this. In my opinion, Atlas want out of the rugby element as quickly and cheaply as possible so as they can get on with redeveloping the land. This, to me anyway, appeared to be a relatively obvious intention but the accountants took the highest bid rather than the one that would preserve the rugby club (and see the rugby creditors get something).

I am even more suspicious than that. All this has come out before the Stourbridge members meeting to discuss and vote on this tomorrow. My feeling, they want to cause a load of outrage today, their involvement in Stourbridge gets voted down tomorrow as a result., Warriors are already gone and so no rugby options left, just nice, valuable land to develop.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Told ya it was a scam from the outset. Atlas and the previous owners are typical rip off artists. Land is a premium, and anyone thinking Sixways is NOT a prime piece needs to think why Ricoh was bought. Would be a brilliant distribution and production hub, or prime commuter land.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

If I were Stourbridge I would dine with Atlas at the end of a long spoon.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I am really going to miss Worcs - it was always a joy to go to 6ways - my memory of pints being filled from the bottom and the kids going around and collecting the glasses for the £1 deposit will live with me for a very long time (if I live that long). Son lives close to the ground so it was always my treat but he had to buy my beer (and go and get it) - sad day
Hehehehehehehehe
CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

The next Stourbridge RFC committee meeting is going to be interesting! They should definitely live stream it.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

trendylfj wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:07 pm I am really going to miss Worcs - it was always a joy to go to 6ways - my memory of pints being filled from the bottom and the kids going around and collecting the glasses for the £1 deposit will live with me for a very long time (if I live that long). Son lives close to the ground so it was always my treat but he had to buy my beer (and go and get it) - sad day
I remember my son and I buying the faggots and mushy peas at the catering shed at the opposite end of the ground to the bar and them repeating on us as we drove home up the M5 and for a few days later. :smt044
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/spkeene/status/1623 ... 1-T_g&s=19

So the Americans have pulled out of Atlas.

Parent company is now Atlas Sportstech Holdings
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:52 pm https://twitter.com/spkeene/status/1623 ... 1-T_g&s=19

So the Americans have pulled out of Atlas.

Parent company is now Atlas Sportstech Holdings
https://twitter.com/Rreesrugby/status/1 ... Mo79Q&s=19

Shareholder split now

300 shares James O'Toole

300 Shares James Sandford

370 Shares Atlas Sportstech Holdings (of which I believe James Sandford is the director)

30 Shares Total Compliance Solutions (The American investment)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

So who has the money or is creditworthy enough to get a loan to purchase the assets from the receivers? Has the deal actually been done?
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

It’s just wrong on so many levels !
If the DCMS have funded this to facilitate a deal, and credit to them for trying to save the club, how wrong is the general governance of the sport (and indeed society) if Government are now potentially powerless to do anything ? Discuss 50 Marks
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:10 pm
30 Shares Total Compliance Solutions (The American investment)
(We think)

Part of the problem is that we never really knew if TCS was that TCS!