George Ford and Handrè Pollard discussions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: George Ford and Handrè Pollard discussions

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:38 pm I also don’t think it’s correct that Pollard spent the whole season on the touch line due to his ACL. Once he announced he was joining Tigers he was very much out of favour.
Very much so, and when they had Garbisi as another fly half option they had one of the short list of players who you could put him on the bench for without a significant dip in quality.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Old Hob wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:45 pm It does mean, however, that he can begin to integrate with Tigers earlier than expected - every cloud....
Interesting line in the club's article on the latest 'Boks squad:

"Wiese's soon-to-be Leicester Tigers clubmate Handrè Pollard has not been included in the matchday squad"

That's a non-statement if there ever was one! He might be on a plane to England, he might not! :smt017 :smt001
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:36 pm
Old Hob wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:45 pm It does mean, however, that he can begin to integrate with Tigers earlier than expected - every cloud....
Interesting line in the club's article on the latest 'Boks squad:

"Wiese's soon-to-be Leicester Tigers clubmate Handrè Pollard has not been included in the matchday squad"

That's a non-statement if there ever was one! He might be on a plane to England, he might not! :smt017 :smt001
I would imagine he’s more likely to be on a plane to France before he heads over here
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

We might get an indication of Pollard’s injury in a couple of weeks. There may well be some very affordable players on the market then, who we’d de able to pick up as medical jokers. If we sign one, we’ll know we have a long wait to see HP playing at Welford Road.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Ltandy111

Post by Ltandy111 »

He's in Harborough already if you look at his wife's Instagram story :smt023
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ltandy111 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:55 pm He's in Harborough already if you look at his wife's Instagram story :smt023
Do you have a link

Edit sorry I’ve just found it.
Assume she moved over to wait for him. Good news.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:29 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:38 pm I also don’t think it’s correct that Pollard spent the whole season on the touch line due to his ACL. Once he announced he was joining Tigers he was very much out of favour.
Very much so, and when they had Garbisi as another fly half option they had one of the short list of players who you could put him on the bench for without a significant dip in quality.
For your information Pollard sustained his ACL injury in September 2020 and did not play again until May 2021.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sapajo wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:11 pm
For your information Pollard sustained his ACL injury in September 2020 and did not play again until May 2021.
Yeah, one of his return games was off the bench vs us in the Challenge cup final.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Yes and in between times he announced he was coming to us and was subsequently benched by Montpellier when he was fit. That’s for your information
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:07 am

Yes and in between times he announced he was coming to us and was subsequently benched by Montpellier when he was fit. That’s for your information
I know
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

According to South Africa Pollard has a long term injury so has been told to come over to Tigers to rehabilitate! Not sure if that’s true.
Some rumours too from friends saying Freddie off to Quins: I’d be surprised but who knows!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:27 pm According to South Africa Pollard has a long term injury so has been told to come over to Tigers to rehabilitate! Not sure if that’s true.
Some rumours too from friends saying Freddie off to Quins: I’d be surprised but who knows!!
Been reported 6 weeks for Pollard.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:27 pm According to South Africa Pollard has a long term injury so has been told to come over to Tigers to rehabilitate! Not sure if that’s true.
King Freddie or Air Steward?
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Crofty wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:46 pm
The latest Ruck headline is that Quins have made Steward their prime target for next summer. Makes no sense really in regards of cost at a time that Smith needs a new contract and when they already have two fullbacks who suit their style of play better than Steward would.

Then again a few months ago it was Bristol, then it was Exeter, wonder who will be signing him next.
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

sam16111986 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:36 pm
Crofty wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:46 pm
The latest Ruck headline is that Quins have made Steward their prime target for next summer. Makes no sense really in regards of cost at a time that Smith needs a new contract and when they already have two fullbacks who suit their style of play better than Steward would.

Then again a few months ago it was Bristol, then it was Exeter, wonder who will be signing him next.
He'd be mad to go, I think, but then I figured we'd be able to keep one of Genge and Ford, so what do I know...
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere