Hotel Brooklyn - BE AWARE

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dunks43

Hotel Brooklyn - BE AWARE

Post by dunks43 »

Had a friend go into Hotel Brooklyn Yesterday... Ordered a drink at the bar , took it and sat down, went back to the bar ordered another drink and took it and sat down, went back to the bar, paid for the 2 drinks and asked for a receipt ( for business expenses) on the receipt was a service charge added, when queried was told it could not be removed as he had already paid, but told in the future you need to ask for the service charge to be removed before hand , the manager told him all transactions will have a service charged added by default as its the only way they can make sure the staff earn a decent wage
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Hotel Brooklyn - BE AWARE

Post by tigerburnie »

Well that's just cost them, I won't stay there then.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Fairly typical for big cities and higher end venues. Can't say I'm a fan personally but it's not surprising. Given the transaction had already gone through the til I can see why it would be an issue trying to refund him though.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Laziness, if you return an item to a store, they can do a refund on your card, no problem.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.