Womens Team

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GETHIN EXILE

Re: Womens Team

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Would have been an even better idea to have it at 12 or 1 at MMWR. Surely a playoff semi final deserves a big stage and a chance for maximum support.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Well, the club have denied they made the decision. Silence from the other parties.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:10 am Well, the club have denied they made the decision. Silence from the other parties.
The club won’t have made the decision especially with the other semi kicking off a the same time. Sometimes it is what it is
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:17 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:10 am Well, the club have denied they made the decision. Silence from the other parties.
The club won’t have made the decision especially with the other semi kicking off a the same time. Sometimes it is what it is
Of course the club didn't make the decision. However, a fuss should be made over this. Daily we get coverage about "growing the women's game", yet we get appalling decisions like this which, frankly, don't do anything to help anyone. I've no problem with the decision, as long as the reasoning is public. I'm not an RFU basher, but they are as opaque as anything and a simple explanation is never forthcoming.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

So, its semi-final time on Sunday at Leicester Forest RFC (3pm), and our opponents are Old Albanians. They finished 2nd in the southern conference by a single point from 3rd placed Thurrock, and they have been in a rich vein of form in recent months, finishing as the highest scorers. Its hard to judge the relative strength of the two conferences, but they pushed last year's winners Cheltenham all the way in the semi-final last year, so this will certainly be a challenge. I'm thankful for the stern test we were given by the Army as a warm-up.

If you're not at Welford Road on Sunday, please considering coming along to support! I'm on the terrace, so I won't be able to give a summary.

Pretty close to a full-strength side for us, though we're missing regular scrumhalf Lucy Nye, who is captaining the RAF this weekend. Morgan Richardson is stepping back into the 9 shirt from her new position on the flank, partnering Amy Relf.

The first choice pairing of Jones and Childs is back at centre, and so is fullback Molly Draycott, having been rested for the Army match. We've gone for more all-rounders on the wing in Louisa Burgham and Hattie Roberts, as opposed to pacier Iavarone and Evans.

With Richardson back at 9, it gives an opportunity for Tanya Bird at 6, off the back of winning the MVP award for the Tropics side at the recent Hong Kong 10s. She joins Roisin McBrien and the returning Becky Noon, who starts for the first time in a couple of months, having spent time on her strongwoman hobby.

Charlotte Fray moves back into the second row to form an exciting partnership with Georgia Westwood, and Jade Jones gets the nod at loosehead ahead of Rebecca Church. Sam Williams and Ofure Ugiabge complete a powerful looking front row.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I'm hearing that the final is being played on Sunday 30th at Twickenham, the day after the Red Roses match!

Nice carrot for the players to chase.
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

Off to Twickenham for the Final against Cheltenham 3pm on April 30th

Edit due to incorrect time
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Sounds like a classic Leicester forwards display from our girls! Massive congratulations!

Here's a detailed match report: https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/gallery-gp22-2223

One more job to do :smt027
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

BarmyBamford

Post by BarmyBamford »

At the moment, says it's free ( copy and paste job as links and me rarely work )
Papa Johns Community Cup Finals Day - Sunday 30th April 2023

Women's Junior Cup Final (Liverpool St Helens v Dings Crusaders) - 11:00​

Women's Intermediate Cup Final (Cheltenham Ladies II v Hackney) - 13:00​
Women's Championship Play Off Final (Teams TBC) - 15:00​

Regional 1 Championship Final (Teams TBC) - 17:00​
Timings

9am - Car Parks open

10:30am - Gates A & D open

Matches - As shown above

8pm - Car Parks close
Seating

This event is free of charge and seating is unallocated in the West Lower Stand. Entry via Turnstiles at Gates A & D.
Parking

Parking must be booked online.

o North – £10 cars(only)

o Rosebine – £10 cars and £20 coaches/minibuses

o West Car Park - Accessible = £0.00 / Blue Badge = £5.00

Accessible parking must also be booked online. For details of how to register for Accessible or Blue Badge parking, please see here: Accessible Parking Registration
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I think I heard them confirm at the game last night that it's free entry, and the club will offering subsidised bus transport for £20pp.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Less than 60 spots left on the club provided coaches to Twickers

https://tickets.leicestertigers.com/en- ... way-travel

Entry is free at the stadium, and parking is available for a tenner.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

The club have added 2 additional coaches
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Darc Tiger wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:14 pm The club have added 2 additional coaches
Any details on who they are?
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

No6_Flanker wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:16 pm
Darc Tiger wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:14 pm The club have added 2 additional coaches
Any details on who they are?
Two extra coaches to carry fans to Twickenham, as in vehicles rather than staff I believe.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.