Womens Team

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Womens Team

Post by KiwiTig »

I know and I totally understand …it’s a shame there’s so much lost time for all players in between times !
By the time some of the players are where they should be their peak may have peaked ! I hope their successes will inspire more girls to follow !
I know there’s no quick fix and football is a great example where quick success isn’t sustainable
That said I’m confident and hopeful that succession and legacy planning has enough time to sustain this amazing momentum
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Apparently Harrogate lost a bunch of players when they got promoted.

Seems like they took the whole thing in good spirit. Same as when I watched us hammer them at WR last year.

We had to start here, even though the resource gap is very obvious. It's good that our players will have a season together to gel, improve and prepare for the challenges of next season. I can guarantee it won't feel the same when we're getting spanked for 50 points by Sarries.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Well we all know that can’t and won’t happen pal
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Spanked by Sarries I mean !!!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

We've added an additional fixture, against the RAF, on Saturday March 4th at Hinckley RFC. Though its a 1730 kickoff, and the men's side play at Welford Road at 1500, so it'd be some going if you try to make it to both!

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ti ... ugby-union
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Back at Welford Road on Sunday (1pm) against Kenilworth, who are 2nd from bottom. Again, free entry for season ticket holders.

All change in the back 5 of the pack, with Richardson and McBrien back in to start either side of Kat Turner moving back into 8, and Georgias Bradley and Westwood forming a new engine room.

In the backs, Nye and Relf renew their partnership at halfback, with Abi Gordon giving Katie Childs are very rare break from starting at 13. Charlotte Daley earns just a 4th start on the wing, as Draycott returns to fullback.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Lovely afternoon for rugby today, though I regret forgetting my cap! Great turnout. Had to be around 2000, and lots of kids about.

Final score of 57-0 doesn't really reflect the game. Kenilworth put in a solid effort, and were a better side than the Novos team from the last home game. They picked us off at the breakdown a few times, and we did well to keep the clean sheet.

I thought it was a pretty average performance by our standards. Some scruffy passing and handling kept disrupting our momentum, but we had more than enough quality to pick them off and put away some good finishes. Discipline was frustrating too. They're being coached to be very aggressive in defence, but need to be more streetwise about it. Lineout also needs work.

Another standout game from Draycott. She's a player that gets you excited when she touches the ball. Took over goalkicking duties today, and I can see her improvement with that skill each match.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Thanks for these updates Darc Tiger! :smt023

Watching the highlights from last week, Draycott could’ve scored even more tries. Support lines are top class. Will be interesting to see how the squad performs next season.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

No6_Flanker wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:22 pm Thanks for these updates Darc Tiger! :smt023

Watching the highlights from last week, Draycott could’ve scored even more tries. Support lines are top class. Will be interesting to see how the squad performs next season.
Offloading and support play have been well drilled. Certainly won't find breaks anywhere near as easy to come by next season, and we'll probably have to learn pick our moments, but we're embedding good habits.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Season ticket for the Women's matches next season are currently £36 if you combine it with your Men's season ticket. If you want one standalone, it's £50.

So that's 9 Prem15s matches, plus the Cup and possible friendlies.

Excellent value to see some of the best Women's players on the planet.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Teams up for the RAF match on Saturday. Amy Orrow is a new name starting at 8. Looks like another player with Premier 15s experience with DMP Sharks.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:49 pm Teams up for the RAF match on Saturday. Amy Orrow is a new name starting at 8. Looks like another player with Premier 15s experience with DMP Sharks.
Yes, on trial, apparently. She has played for Sale the last couple of seasons too, so good experience in the top tier. I'll keep an eye out.

1730 tomorrow at Hinckley RFC. Probably not feasible if you're going to the Bath match, but its an option if you're nearby. I'm not sure exactly the level of the opposition, but it should be a good fresh challenge for us.

A fair few changes.

Charlotte Fray returns to the pack for the first time in a while. Zoe Warrington and Amy Orrow freshen up the backrow.

Amy Relf is back at 9. Tash Jones gets a first start at 10 for 3 months, and has a new partner at 12 in Holly Williams. And its a new look back 3 with Iavarone, Chalk and Roberts.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Such a shame it's at Hinckley and so adjacent to the men's match. Can't be helped I suppose, given the short notice.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:49 pm Such a shame it's at Hinckley and so adjacent to the men's match. Can't be helped I suppose, given the short notice.
From that team sheet we appear to have gained in numbers, are players queuing up to join?
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

LE18 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:40 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:49 pm Such a shame it's at Hinckley and so adjacent to the men's match. Can't be helped I suppose, given the short notice.
From that team sheet we appear to have gained in numbers, are players queuing up to join?
There's been a handful of additions, but we've been drawing from more or less the same 30ish players all season.

This is an exhibition, so we've got an extended bench.