Womens Team

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Womens Team

Post by Darc Tiger »

Bit of a poor quality first quarter, with neither side getting their handling or lineouts to stick much. Some ill-discipline on our part too.

Novocastrians' kicker appears not to have made the long trip, as that's a major hamstring for them. Got to be hard making that journey for a 1pm kickoff.

We settled more into our game eventually, and managed to execute some sharp attacks. Bit guilty of trying to play too wide-to-wide, and some white line fever, but we're always looking to play ball.

27-0.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Dominant 2nd half for us. 66-0

We were able to suffocate them with our linespeed and breakdown work. Though the ref was very hot on us, and penalised us multiple times for offside. Probably a fair call. Our ball skills let us down occasionally, but we've definitely improved our attacking shape as the season has gone on.

Suspect they were struggling for players a bit, as they only had the 4 replacements, and a couple of injuries. Then there was the lack of kicker I mentioned. We looked much fitter.

Georgia Bradley looks a dynamic addition to the pack. I thought the halfbacks kept us moving well, and Childs was a powerful focal point in the centre. Iavarone finished off a hattrick. Good cameos from Jade Jones and Mills.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

From the chat post-match, Novos did have to bring some of their 2nds down for the match, so they were under-strength.

Apparently their skipper is Deano's daughter!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Wasn’t a very good game. Very stop start and a pedantic referee.
A2O
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Darc Tiger wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:50 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:45 pm Interesting to see new signings being announced today. 3 players with Premier 15s experience too.

Next year’s squad starting to take shape.
Just Nye and Bradley who have top flight experience, but its recent experience.
Ah yes, I don't know where I got three from! Maybe I counted Bradley twice! :smt003
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

The club have put out some try-lights for the first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPxZgXlaTNs
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:28 pm Dominant 2nd half for us. 66-0

We were able to suffocate them with our linespeed and breakdown work. Though the ref was very hot on us, and penalised us multiple times for offside. Probably a fair call. Our ball skills let us down occasionally, but we've definitely improved our attacking shape as the season has gone on.

Suspect they were struggling for players a bit, as they only had the 4 replacements, and a couple of injuries. Then there was the lack of kicker I mentioned. We looked much fitter.

Georgia Bradley looks a dynamic addition to the pack. I thought the halfbacks kept us moving well, and Childs was a powerful focal point in the centre. Iavarone finished off a hattrick. Good cameos from Jade Jones and Mills.
Daughter is at Newcastle Uni and they put a request asking for their BUCS players - they were v short
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

We were away at bottom side Harrogate today. We won 87-0 at Welford Road, and today we won 3-114... A complete mismatch.

We took the opportunity to make some rotations and different combinations. A first start in a couple of months for fullback Harriet Roberts and backrow Zoe Warrington. A deserved first start in her new position of prop for Jade Jones, and a first start in the 2nd row for Kat Turner.

Scorers: Draycott (5), Warrington, Roberts (2), Childs (2), Burgham (2), Bird (2), Relf, J.Jones, Iavarone, Richardson.

All our remaining fixtures are all against bottom half teams, so it would be a miracle if we didn't keep our perfect record right through to the playoffs.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

From @HistoryTigers on twitter
The first century for @LeicesterTigers since the men’s side beat Liverpool St Helens 100-0 in 1992. And therefore the club’s largest margin of victory.
Not sure that'll ever be beaten.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:14 pm We were away at bottom side Harrogate today. We won 87-0 at Welford Road, and today we won 3-114... A complete mismatch.

We took the opportunity to make some rotations and different combinations. A first start in a couple of months for fullback Harriet Roberts and backrow Zoe Warrington. A deserved first start in her new position of prop for Jade Jones, and a first start in the 2nd row for Kat Turner.

Scorers: Draycott (5), Warrington, Roberts (2), Childs (2), Burgham (2), Bird (2), Relf, J.Jones, Iavarone, Richardson.

All our remaining fixtures are all against bottom half teams, so it would be a miracle if we didn't keep our perfect record right through to the playoffs.
Draycott did look good on the highlights of last game. Here’s hoping the club continues to upload them!
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

No6_Flanker wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:07 pm Draycott did look good on the highlights of last game. Here’s hoping the club continues to upload them!
Don't expect them for the away fixtures this season, but we should get trylights from the Welford Road matches.

We'll probably host the playoff final too, should we get there.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Darc Tiger wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:41 pm
No6_Flanker wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:07 pm Draycott did look good on the highlights of last game. Here’s hoping the club continues to upload them!
Don't expect them for the away fixtures this season, but we should get trylights from the Welford Road matches.

We'll probably host the playoff final too, should we get there.
Well I look forward to them for all games next season!
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Apparently I was wrong! Not the highest quality footage, but here's all 18 of our tries from the weekend, plus the raucous celebrations from the home team as their loosehead pops over 3 point!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCVvvfEeE9k
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

The difference in standard doesn’t help anyone! Well done on a great victory but you can’t help feel for the opposition
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Once they get into the premier 15s, those mismatches will disappear.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….