RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP 2022

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: RUGBY CHAMPIONSHIP 2022

Post by Rugbygramps »

All Blacks have kept the same starting XV as last week. That’s either go and show us you’re better than that, or we haven’t got anyone else better.
They will certainly be hoping for the same turnaround that they made against South Africa
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Briliant that,lovely work by Weise in the tackle
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Chalk and cheese from the All Blacks beating Argentina by nearly 50 points.
Coles and Retalick gave them extra umph off the bench , but their most telling stat was 3 handling errors in the whole match in a steady drizzle.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Eztebeth’s face there..,,,that’s the picture of the season !! Sign him up !

Boks have just battered the Wallabies into submission. Superb aggressive rugby. Nic White getting plenty of verbals ….great to see.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

westwinds31 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:19 pm Eztebeth’s face there..,,,that’s the picture of the season !! Sign him up !

Boks have just battered the Wallabies into submission. Superb aggressive rugby. Nic White getting plenty of verbals ….great to see.
He was right on the edge there but didn’t go any further. I would like to know what he was mouthing to Alatoa
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Thought Wiese had a strong game today. Apparently he's unbeaten when starting for the Boks.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.citizen.co.za/entertainment ... dietician/

It appears South Africa's issues with Fly Halves is continuing, unpaid hotel bills and rumoured affairs appear to be the reasons that they've lost Elton Jantjies
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Jacques Nienaber has given an update on Pollard’s latest availability:

https://twitter.com/rugbypass/status/15 ... LujCQ-vFOw

He reckons he is out of contention for the Springboks’ November tests (end of year tour in the article).

Could be that he plays with Tigers to get game time and match fitness - in which case could be a bonus to bed him in during that time. Perhaps some time off the bench / at 12? Maybe even use the PRC?

Good that Nienaber is unlikely to rush him back to the Boks in November at least.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Got to say if Swain doesn't get cited for that "yellow" then it's a shocker.

Note to ref's foul play does NOT need to involve the head for it to be a red card.

From my view he deliberately targets the knee and that suggests he was trying to "injure"

There are ACL injuries that happen from legal crocodile rolls but that is a deliberate twist of the knee that could end a career.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/RugbyPass/status/15 ... nkoKQ&s=19

Link to the incident...

Warning don't watch if squeamish about knees twisting
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

French refs certainly seem to be at the center of a lot of controversy these past few years

Raynal just gifted that to the AB's, i'd be fuming if I was an Aussie supporter
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Aussies robbed by the ref, honestly one of the oddest decisions I have seen!!
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

Very odd indeed. There was always going to be time for the lineout, and very little afterwards if the Aussies won the lineout, so I'm not sure what difference a few seconds made. I don't think Foley would have thought he was gaining an advantage as I don't think there was one to be gained. On the other hand, the ref was very clear, and you see an Aussie player in the background appearing to be screaming at Foley to get on with the kick, so it appears at least one Aussie knew what was coming. Very odd!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I don't know, for me it depends. In the background you can see one of the Aus centres screaming just to kick it not mess about.

Why is he so panicked.

I SUSPECT (but no evidence) that the only reason he's so desperate is if the ref has spoken to them. 100% pre the game if NZ raise concerns with Australia wasting time over penalties, ref may then have a chat with them prematch and say I will free kick you for time wasting.

If he's mentioned time wasting to them already (which why would the centre be screaming like that about) then 100% that's a fine call.

Without any prewarning it is a bad call
Tykger

Post by Tykger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:05 pm I don't know, for me it depends. In the background you can see one of the Aus centres screaming just to kick it not mess about.

Why is he so panicked.

I SUSPECT (but no evidence) that the only reason he's so desperate is if the ref has spoken to them. 100% pre the game if NZ raise concerns with Australia wasting time over penalties, ref may then have a chat with them prematch and say I will free kick you for time wasting.

If he's mentioned time wasting to them already (which why would the centre be screaming like that about) then 100% that's a fine call.

Without any prewarning it is a bad call
Good point. Ref was very clear in his explanation so you could very well be right.