Clermont travel arrangements

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Clermont travel arrangements

Post by LE18 »

For anyone who hasn't been before Pub lots of fans use is Cafe Pascal, up the hill in the Cathedral Square and there is a nice restaurant across the square called Brasserie Madeleine
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

I echo LE18s words - 2 good places to be. The main square a couple of roads behind the bar is where to catch the tram to the game also...

enjoy your trip
Less is more....
HandOfBack
Tiger Cub

Post by HandOfBack »

Hi, looking at going to Clermont. Driving down on the Thursday, and back via R92 v Quins on the Sunday. Any good rexommendations of places to stay / where are people sitting in the stadium? Thanks :smt045
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Bunchy wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:20 am I echo LE18s words - 2 good places to be. The main square a couple of roads behind the bar is where to catch the tram to the game also...

enjoy your trip
Obviously on match day, the tram, which is free at weekends, stops right outside the ground and on the crossroads there are a couple of bars that will be heaving, good atmosphere.
Craig123

Post by Craig123 »

Hey people!

I am just about to book tickets, so I was wondering where is the best stand to book. Also, where do Tigers fans normally seat? Thanks
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Craig I think you may find they only make a couple of areas available to visitors, I cant remember name of the stand but its the side stand and seats are usually around the 22 mts.
HandOfBack
Tiger Cub

Post by HandOfBack »

Is anyone going to Racing 92 on the sunday? Planning to drop by on the drive back. Any ideas where to park?
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

HandOfBack wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:17 am Hi, looking at going to Clermont. Driving down on the Thursday, and back via R92 v Quins on the Sunday. Any good rexommendations of places to stay / where are people sitting in the stadium? Thanks :smt045
https://clermont-ferrand-centre.campanile.com/en-us/

Campanile Hotel...modern, excellent breakfast , close to ground and tramway. Highly recommend
tigermum
Tiger Cub

Clermont away

Post by tigermum »

We have just decided to go to the Clermont away match! We are flying to Lyon …… and then it is currently a blank! So advice please. I know I can get tickets on the CA website but is there an “ tigers area”‘where I should locate my seats? Also, any recommendations for places to stay? Thank you
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Clermont away

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I guess the first bit of advice may be to read through the existing thread, might find your answers there :smt003

viewtopic.php?t=47698

Enjoy the trip, hope it works out well.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

https://clermont-ferrand-centre.campanile.com/en-us/

Campanile Hotel...modern, excellent breakfast , close to ground and tramway. Highly recommend
mothy
Tiger Cub

Post by mothy »

I booked 4 tickets on the Clermont site in block A1 just to try get best seats possible ?
Have also booked us in at the Hotel Campanile
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

They hide the sausages and scrambled eggs...look hard for them... Enjoy your stay!
Craig123

Post by Craig123 »

LE18 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:57 pm Craig I think you may find they only make a couple of areas available to visitors, I cant remember name of the stand but its the side stand and seats are usually around the 22 mts.
cheers, mate, makes sense! We booked tickets now, they cost €36 each, it seems like we have a decent view of the game, we are very much looking forward to this game, as we haven’t been to France (Lyon, Clermont) before. Thanks for your reply.
Craig123

Post by Craig123 »

tigermum wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:04 pm We have just decided to go to the Clermont away match! We are flying to Lyon …… and then it is currently a blank! So advice please. I know I can get tickets on the CA website but is there an “ tigers area”‘where I should locate my seats? Also, any recommendations for places to stay? Thank you
We booked to fly out to Lyon on the 11th Jan from Luton. We are then staying in Lyon for 2 nights and then, heading towards Clermont Friday morning by bus. I hope you enjoy the trip, we cannot wait.