22/23 Injury & Suspension list

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Re: 22/23 Injury & Suspension list

Post by Soggypitch »

Everyone seems to be talking about Martin as though he's definitely fit, but he wasn't in the 23 on Saturday.......I sincerely hope you are all right!!

But nobody has said anything about Watson, and with us appealing Ashton's red, perhaps we are short on the wings? Again let's hope Watson (and Steward) are ok.
Soggypitch
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Soggypitch wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:22 am Everyone seems to be talking about Martin as though he's definitely fit, but he wasn't in the 23 on Saturday.......I sincerely hope you are all right!!

But nobody has said anything about Watson, and with us appealing Ashton's red, perhaps we are short on the wings? Again let's hope Watson (and Steward) are ok.
I think Martin was pictured training last week, but I think he deserved a week off with Wells returning.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/di ... ary-230511

Ashton ban overturned...

Will be interesting to see if we play him in the semifinal. I think the delay till today of the hearing probably means not, but suspect he'll be there if in the final...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Don’t think they would have appealed unless they intended to play him.
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ay2oh wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:33 pm Don’t think they would have appealed unless they intended to play him.
They definitely intended to play him, but with less than 24hrs to the team announcement it may now be more giving options for the final...

I mean is it fair on say Potter not to know on Thursday if he's playing or not
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great news for Ashton and top bloke Murley as it was his evidence that clearly made the difference.
Quins always been the team I’ve liked after us.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:03 pm
ay2oh wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:33 pm Don’t think they would have appealed unless they intended to play him.
They definitely intended to play him, but with less than 24hrs to the team announcement it may now be more giving options for the final...

I mean is it fair on say Potter not to know on Thursday if he's playing or not
I'm not sure it's that big an issue. Players get injured, fail fitness tests, etc. so last minute stuff is always coming up. And by this part of the season the players know each other and have the plays practiced. Might be a few new things or things set for the specific game but nothing that Ashton wouldn't have been party too. Game is on Sunday also which helps.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

Ian Cant wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:50 pm Great news for Ashton and top bloke Murley as it was his evidence that clearly made the difference.
Agreed on Murley, he didn’t have to do that.
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Nice to see Sarries issuing an end of season injury update

https://saracens.com/injury-update-june-2023/

I still so no valid reason why our club choose not to do so.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:43 pm Nice to see Sarries issuing an end of season injury update

https://saracens.com/injury-update-june-2023/

On the flip side what benefit is it for the club. Of all the thousands of supporters who do you think is that bothered or does it just become yesterday’s news
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

sapajo wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:43 pm

Yep. What competitive benefits would releasing a list bring to the club?

Nil.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Look I see the interest an individual on here may have but posters on here tend have a higher degree of knowledge and interest than the majority of fans in my experience.
I was speaking to a couple of long term season ticket holders recently and they had no idea about the majority of signings that have been made either player or coach wise
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:27 pm Look I see the interest an individual on here may have but posters on here tend have a higher degree of knowledge and interest than the majority of fans in my experience.
I was speaking to a couple of long term season ticket holders recently and they had no idea about the majority of signings that have been made either player or coach wise
Well that would suggest issues with the Clubs communications in general.
The secret squirrel stuff really needs to change...all part of engaging & developing your supporter base....see numerous other threads.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:33 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:27 pm Look I see the interest an individual on here may have but posters on here tend have a higher degree of knowledge and interest than the majority of fans in my experience.
The secret squirrel stuff really needs to change...all part of engaging & developing your supporter base....see numerous other threads.
I do agree to a large extent. i can see why you might keep injury news to a minimum in the season but this is when the club should be engaging with fans and keeping interest up going into next year. Club social media that is not selling something has been non existant. Hoping it will all fire up again once pre season starts but it is sometimes hard not to think that the club can be a bit over expectant that the large level of fans will always be there no matter what they do.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:33 pm
It could suggest that or equally it could suggest a lot of people aren’t bothered to go on social media etc to find information. Let’s face it the mercury is worse than useless and unless people go on Instagram or Twitter or the clubs app the information won’t be seen. You talk about engaging and developing well like it or not we live in a digital age, and if fans are bothered the information is there.
I’m sorry but news on when players might be returning from injury, which can change from day to day, is in old parlance tomorrow’s fish and chip wrappers