22/23 Injury & Suspension list

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: 22/23 Injury & Suspension list

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Just seen on Instagram that Matt Scott appears to be at a wedding, not his so I assume he'll be good to go next week if needed
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:47 pm Just seen on Instagram that Matt Scott appears to be at a wedding, not his so I assume he'll be good to go next week if needed
Yes I saw that and seemed a little strange if either Kelly or Porter went lame you would have thought he would have been called up. Maybe a long term arrangement and the club gave him time.

Maybe not quite so strange but Gopperth seems to have spending a lot of time on the golf course.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:31 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:47 pm Just seen on Instagram that Matt Scott appears to be at a wedding, not his so I assume he'll be good to go next week if needed
Yes I saw that and seemed a little strange if either Kelly or Porter went lame you would have thought he would have been called up. Maybe a long term arrangement and the club gave him time.

Maybe not quite so strange but Gopperth seems to have spending a lot of time on the golf course.
I suspect, Atkinson & Simmons are the backs travelling reserves this week. If either Kelly or Porter go down either Pollard or Potter moves to centre, Ashton or Burns start & Atkinson or Simmons on the bench.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:51 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:31 am

I suspect, Atkinson & Simmons are the backs travelling reserves this week. If either Kelly or Porter go down either Pollard or Potter moves to centre, Ashton or Burns start & Atkinson or Simmons on the bench.
Plus Gopperth I think knew he was primarily cover during AI's, 6N & Injuries, Atkinson (who he's mentored for years) coming in probably moves him even lower down the playing list and more coaching role.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Added a lot to the list this evening unfortunately.

Cracknell
Porter
Watson
Pollard
Burns

All came off injured..
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Good news is that Pollard was only due to play 40min... Ghis reads like he won't be out long from Wigglesworth...

https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... JVnCg&s=19
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Handre appears to be in training, as well as Big Joe, who isn't on the list for some reason.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Darc Tiger wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:02 pm Handre appears to be in training, as well as Big Joe, who isn't on the list for some reason.
I took Taufete'e off tge list a week or so ago as was back training, always a tricky one to judge when a player is back if they're not always in the match 23. Suspect he will be unless Montoya is though this week.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

More injury news... Martin not far away...

https://twitter.com/adamjwhitty/status/ ... k9yxg&s=19
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... RBYzg&s=19

Bit more details from the press conference
Nofrontteeth
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nofrontteeth »

Freddie B. indicates clear scans some bruising. With the 6N absentees we need all these experienced heads.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

OK that is worrying. The overly hopefull part of me hopes it may be a deflection tactic for sending a much weakend team over to Clermont as we do not need the win and that level of information from the club is unusual (but may be a change of tack). If there are more injuries though, we could be sending out a kids team by the start of the 6 Nations.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Oh well lets hope at least those players picked for Friday will come out unscathed and our injured shall make timely recoveries
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

So it will be another schellacking then Friday,can't wait! Folk saying we don't need the win but how do we know,especially after Ospreys win in France. Depending on how Ospreys get on this weekend they might need something at our place. Very arrogant to think that the Ospreys game is a banker!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer