Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: 22/23 Injury & Suspension list

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:03 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:47 pm Hot Charlie I was about right then 2 years. I know there are some that can move Ashley Johnson could and I think it’s Neld at Sales who can but you do really need to be training in both positions.

As an aside if his injuries can be sorted he would be a great pick up very similar to Wiese.
I think this is the key too. How long are we realistically going to be able to keep Wiese - he signed a new contract before his test call up in 2021 IIRC? Will he be out of contract post the RWC next year?

The interviews in the press with Matera are interesting, intimating that he probably wants to come to England long term at some point. Could he be a decent target?
Personally I think we may keep Wiese fairly long-term. The way he talks about Tigers how he bleeds green red and white, is the talk of someone truly passionate about the club. Think another club would have to pay a LOT more to get him if I'm honest (especially while Borthwick's here) he clearly feels at home at the club.

And ok when we extended him it was pre-callup to South Africa, but was when he was in the SA frame and had been a huge star for us. He'll be on a fair whack already IMO
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:22 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:03 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:47 pm Hot Charlie I was about right then 2 years. I know there are some that can move Ashley Johnson could and I think it’s Neld at Sales who can but you do really need to be training in both positions.

As an aside if his injuries can be sorted he would be a great pick up very similar to Wiese.
I think this is the key too. How long are we realistically going to be able to keep Wiese - he signed a new contract before his test call up in 2021 IIRC? Will he be out of contract post the RWC next year?

The interviews in the press with Matera are interesting, intimating that he probably wants to come to England long term at some point. Could he be a decent target?
Personally I think we may keep Wiese fairly long-term. The way he talks about Tigers how he bleeds green red and white, is the talk of someone truly passionate about the club. Think another club would have to pay a LOT more to get him if I'm honest (especially while Borthwick's here) he clearly feels at home at the club.

And ok when we extended him it was pre-callup to South Africa, but was when he was in the SA frame and had been a huge star for us. He'll be on a fair whack already IMO
I think he would have certainly lost the unknown import salary, but I fear he'll be in big money territory next contract renewal with 20-30 caps under his belt.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

2 things with Wiese for me. As TFS said he is very happy and settled here, and we seem to be making it work with his South African commitments.
Secondly there are a few very good young Boks back rowers coming through and whereas his pod will be secure in RWC after that who knows.
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

Just saw Nemani in the Crumbie. Looked like he was in quite some pain. Let’s hope that today was not the last time we’ll see him play
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TiltonTiger wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:32 pm Just saw Nemani in the Crumbie. Looked like he was in quite some pain. Let’s hope that today was not the last time we’ll see him play
Hope so too though I think that is probably his normal state after a game.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Added Kini, Matt Scott plus a few other "suspected" injured
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Tommy Reffell out of Wales’ test this week with a rib injury sustain against NZ.

No indication of how long the injury will keep him out…
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

RunTigerRun wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:56 pm Tommy Reffell out of Wales’ test this week with a rib injury sustain against NZ.

Is the replacement prop out with Dizziness after buying Savea's dummy?
The Welsh got a horrible pasting up front, the complete lack of a front 5 (Bar the Sheriff) is going to make your job hard, I would hope Tommy learnt a lot from that game.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:08 pm
RunTigerRun wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:56 pm Tommy Reffell out of Wales’ test this week with a rib injury sustain against NZ.

Is the replacement prop out with Dizziness after buying Savea's dummy?
The Welsh got a horrible pasting up front, the complete lack of a front 5 (Bar the Sheriff) is going to make your job hard, I would hope Tommy learnt a lot from that game.
That dummy was one of the most embarrassing things I've seen! Imagine buying that
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:18 pm Weise a concussion concern

https://supersport.com/rugby/general/ne ... l-for-boks
I can’t find confirmation but it sounds like Wiese is out of the game vs France with concussion symptoms / HIA protocol.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

RunTigerRun wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:55 am
kpj tiger wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:18 pm Weise a concussion concern

https://supersport.com/rugby/general/ne ... l-for-boks
I can’t find confirmation but it sounds like Wiese is out of the game vs France with concussion symptoms / HIA protocol.
https://www.thesouthafrican.com/sport/r ... mber-2022/
Hehehehehehehehe
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Saw an Instagram story of Kini surprising his kids by being home. Not sure where the Fiji squad are staying, but it may mean his injury is serious enough to be released from the squad?
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:06 pm Saw an Instagram story of Kini surprising his kids by being home. Not sure where the Fiji squad are staying, but it may mean his injury is serious enough to be released from the squad?
I'm not sure what it means. Looking at their remaining fixtures, Fiji have the Ireland match this weekend and then a game vs the French Barbarians to round off their Autumn fixtures, so it could be that he may not be fit enough to be considered for one further game. Or, he wasn't required to travel to Ireland and has the 'weekend off' with his injury.