22/23 Injury & Suspension list

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: 22/23 Injury & Suspension list

Post by Tigerbeat »

Scott1 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:06 pm So it will be another schellacking then Friday,can't wait! Folk saying we don't need the win but how do we know,especially after Ospreys win in France. Depending on how Ospreys get on this weekend they might need something at our place. Very arrogant to think that the Ospreys game is a banker!
Dont think that the Ospreys game is a banker but need to try and protect some players for the duration of the six nations. No arrogance in that for me.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/wiffen_john/status/ ... AG-AQ&s=19

So the injury issues are not at Fly half
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:17 pm https://twitter.com/wiffen_john/status/ ... AG-AQ&s=19

So the injury issues are not at Fly half
Also worth noting that John Wiffen took the comments of one back and more lost with a bit more of a pinch of salt than Adam Witty did.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/wiffen_john/status/ ... XT_wQ&s=19

This is potentially catastrophic news... I hope it's just the club playing their Wiese news close to the chest but "indefinitely" sounds bad here...
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:08 pm https://twitter.com/wiffen_john/status/ ... XT_wQ&s=19

This is potentially catastrophic news... I hope it's just the club playing their Wiese news close to the chest but "indefinitely" sounds bad here...
Indefinitely sounds like they don’t know to me, could be a week could be 10. Could fall in line with a back injury as they can be difficult to diagnose.
He was pictured earlier this week standing with Pollard and Liebenberg
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:14 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:08 pm https://twitter.com/wiffen_john/status/ ... XT_wQ&s=19

Indefinitely sounds like they don’t know to me, could be a week could be 10. Could fall in line with a back injury as they can be difficult to diagnose.
Agreed I think it unlikely to be too serious, just concerns me with the language used to discuss him being more Van Staden esq...
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:31 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:14 pm

Agreed I think it unlikely to be too serious, just concerns me with the language used to discuss him being more Van Staden esq...
I see what you’re saying but if it were a back injury, return to play won’t be governed by Insurance policies as with HIA
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

I am not medically qualified but I must say I saw him close up post the Gloucester match and he was moving completely normally to me with no indication of spinal injury. I say that as someone with long term spine issues
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:43 pm

I am not medically qualified but I must say I saw him close up post the Gloucester match and he was moving completely normally to me with no indication of spinal injury. I say that as someone with long term spine issues
So you do have good knowledge. That’s good to hear re Wiese
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Shame Cronin back on the list again
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Let's hope it was just a stinger for Cronin TFS.

Just read the thread above re Weisse. Shocked to hear about a possible spinal injury. He is the one player that we have no direct replacement for, he's that good.

Hope sapajo is correct. Excuse my ignorance but who is John Wiffen?
Soggypitch
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

With regards to the comments on twitter - later on in the thread he admits he is using the fact that Wiese got hit in the back in the Clermont home game as his "evidence" and further admits that he has no insight on the matter at all - guess work and speculation.....
Less is more....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Bunchy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:39 am With regards to the comments on twitter - later on in the thread he admits he is using the fact that Wiese got hit in the back in the Clermont home game as his "evidence" and further admits that he has no insight on the matter at all - guess work and speculation.....
Thanks,didn't read all the way through
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Soggypitch wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:54 am Let's hope it was just a stinger for Cronin TFS.

Just read the thread above re Weisse. Shocked to hear about a possible spinal injury. He is the one player that we have no direct replacement for, he's that good.

Hope sapajo is correct. Excuse my ignorance but who is John Wiffen?
John Wiffen is one of the newer rugby reporters for the Leicester Mercury.

However he has qualified his statement on Wiese that it was his viewpoint not confirmed from the club etc.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Have added the England squad guys to the list..

Definitely expecting Heyes to get released on the bye week games.